Level 34 Reaper 5 link vs T16 White Map random harvest....

Skim watched Raiz' VOD where he mained Reaper on his Necro.

Clear is bad, minion AI sometimes gets stuck,low HP (even after buff), nuke only on cooldown.

He played it like it was teased on the trailer as the "wants to be the only minion" approach and got jebaited. Lasted only till lvl 65.

This was the wrong way i would assume, judging from a fresh league start perspective , which Raiz mentiond a few times while testing this new skill gem.

Not league start friendly or not good enough for clear using it as the main and only minion.

The better approach (IMO) would be to play it in trade league or SSF if you can do with temporary support minions like Skeleton mages helping to clear trash, or normal skeletons in a shittier way.

Anything else would literally be better instead relying ONLY on Reaper AI being the main dmg source.

In this case you would need a second minion dmg setup on a 5L+ setup.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 24, 2021, 7:35:12 AM
Update:

Second Wind Support looks like is a must have. then the skill feels atleast usable but the dmg still lacking for a level 26 gem... Or could it possible that they forgot to code the minion above level 21 and level 21 is exaclty the same as level 26?
♥ The Ice-Witch: Cold Snapping - *finger-snap* *poof* *shatter* ♥
my level 2 reaper on a 3 link is doing more damage than my 6 skellies...i just have it linked with predator and minion damage for now.
multistrike is bad with it, it will try to attack in place 2 more time even tho he killed the monster. Second wind instead of multistrike is better.
Forum pvp
sad... so sad...
Goddamn did i make mistake with a starter... :(
"
krenderke wrote:
Doesn't it need to feast on other minions to be good?

If fighting he usually "forgets" to do that even when he's on low life. Sad...
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Maw_of_Mischief

making the reaper agressive seems mandatory
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 24, 2021, 10:14:00 AM
"
WaifuJanna wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Damage on full life but ion the clip its clearly not full life.

1/1 Life -> Full life my friend.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Full_life
" Full Life works when under the influence of Chaos Inoculation. "

I know that, my friend. But in the clip (the gif) it clearly doesn't have 1 life, its at like 20% life. I didn't watch the video though.
Last edited by Krayken on Jul 24, 2021, 12:22:15 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Skim watched Raiz' VOD where he mained Reaper on his Necro.

Clear is bad, minion AI sometimes gets stuck,low HP (even after buff), nuke only on cooldown.

He played it like it was teased on the trailer as the "wants to be the only minion" approach and got jebaited. Lasted only till lvl 65.

This was the wrong way i would assume, judging from a fresh league start perspective , which Raiz mentiond a few times while testing this new skill gem.

Not league start friendly or not good enough for clear using it as the main and only minion.

The better approach (IMO) would be to play it in trade league or SSF if you can do with temporary support minions like Skeleton mages helping to clear trash, or normal skeletons in a shittier way.

Anything else would literally be better instead relying ONLY on Reaper AI being the main dmg source.

In this case you would need a second minion dmg setup on a 5L+ setup.

yeap its just a nice looking gem to roleplay with.. i tried to push the limits focusing on full damage potential pushing the Gem to Level 34 and a random harvest encounter in a t16 map without mods feels like i am fighting uber elder.

In League/SSF you will never get the reaper to level 34... so if the reaper sucks at level 34... it sucks way more then at level 20/21...

The only good thing that reaper at level 34 has like 80.000 HP and very rarely dies anymore. (But yeah necromancer make her tanky too)
♥ The Ice-Witch: Cold Snapping - *finger-snap* *poof* *shatter* ♥

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info