[3.15] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist - Get that Diablo 2 Nostalgia!

"
arkon9944 wrote:

If you go hybrid, then you lose multiple auras/skitterbots, immunity to stun, and pain attunement, so the helmet would end up being an overall loss of dps anyway.

I'll get 30% more spell damage from inner conviction so pain attunement is a wash. Auras give up hatred and wrath at the moment, I do use skitterbots mainly at this point for a cheap source of leach until I get my clusters sorted out. Pandemonius adding blind gives a different layer of defense and I love blinding things. I'm over 150k/shard in pob now and I'll I've done is add void batteries. Build is still in the budget range for me at 3ex invested.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Aug 1, 2021, 10:25:37 AM

Am a standard cuck this league since I'm not interested in the league but was wondering if this ring would be good for the build if I can get frenzy charges somehow.
This seems like a fun build and I've been theorycrafting a bit on it and potentially a deadeye version for SSF.

When using a shield using shield charge for movement might be an alternative to flame dash.

Could it be worth to pick up some shield nodes for extra block?

I'm assuming pierce is bad for the build because pierce triggers before chain so it ruins the interaction with hydrosphere?

The idea for a deadeye version is to replace snakepit with the +chain and chain on terrain node so it is more viable for SSF.

The goood parts
  • 30% chain on terrain is likely great sometimes depending on terrain
  • EoW already has inbuilt far shot so another 60% is useful but not amazing
  • Focal point can be nice with assasins mark, especially for bosses. But I guess it's probably worse for clearing than frostbite/elemental weakness. Snipers mark might be useful for clearing?
  • Close access to extra chaining range which might be useful, but probably not.

The bad parts
  • The deadeye ascendancy is a meh compared to the occultist
  • CI/LL has no nodes near the ranger start that aren't outclassed by something in the witch starting area. The only posssible exception being the heartseeker cluster.
  • The above point costs about 10 passive skill points or so because of travel away from the ranger area.
  • Need to pickup the +1 curse node.

However, a deadeye version might work if it is an evasion variant and using frenzy charges and ice bite. Perahps also with EB for some extra auras.
Last edited by Berjiz on Aug 1, 2021, 2:27:03 PM
Another thought, is the inbuilt "far shot" part of EoW something that needs to be accounted for? 200% more damage decreases the worth of other +more damage relative to increase damage and crit. For instance looking at Arkons character 10% more is equivalent to about 20-25% increase dmg assuming EoW hits the 200% more threshold.
"
Berjiz wrote:
Another thought, is the inbuilt "far shot" part of EoW something that needs to be accounted for? 200% more damage decreases the worth of other +more damage relative to increase damage and crit. For instance looking at Arkons character 10% more is equivalent to about 20-25% increase dmg assuming EoW hits the 200% more threshold.

I don't bother to even think about the distance scaler. For it to be useful you would have to aim the main eye way off to the side so that the shards make contact with the boss from further away...however...that also means FAR less shards will actually hit the boss instead of sending the eye right over top of them.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
Berjiz wrote:
This seems like a fun build and I've been theorycrafting a bit on it and potentially a deadeye version for SSF.

When using a shield using shield charge for movement might be an alternative to flame dash.

Could it be worth to pick up some shield nodes for extra block?

I'm assuming pierce is bad for the build because pierce triggers before chain so it ruins the interaction with hydrosphere?

The idea for a deadeye version is to replace snakepit with the +chain and chain on terrain node so it is more viable for SSF.

The goood parts
  • 30% chain on terrain is likely great sometimes depending on terrain
  • EoW already has inbuilt far shot so another 60% is useful but not amazing
  • Focal point can be nice with assasins mark, especially for bosses. But I guess it's probably worse for clearing than frostbite/elemental weakness. Snipers mark might be useful for clearing?
  • Close access to extra chaining range which might be useful, but probably not.

The bad parts
  • The deadeye ascendancy is a meh compared to the occultist
  • CI/LL has no nodes near the ranger start that aren't outclassed by something in the witch starting area. The only posssible exception being the heartseeker cluster.
  • The above point costs about 10 passive skill points or so because of travel away from the ranger area.
  • Need to pickup the +1 curse node.

However, a deadeye version might work if it is an evasion variant and using frenzy charges and ice bite. Perahps also with EB for some extra auras.

I would go wind dancer and acrobatics then since you have better access to life nodes. I think the life version of the build might be better as ranger for this reason. You get to take off snake-pit which is 200 life compared to occultist and gearing is less of a PITA. Go Kitsugi or Redeemer frenzy on hit chest.

You won't have void batteries on SSF anyway for power charge scaling shenanigans.
Last edited by Tesrali on Aug 1, 2021, 11:32:28 PM
after getting the day of work and spending some time in pob i'm definitely going to go the LL route and follow your build, arkon9944. It's looking pretty tasty right now and definitely the cheaper route to get started.
"
teknik1200 wrote:
after getting the day of work and spending some time in pob i'm definitely going to go the LL route and follow your build, arkon9944. It's looking pretty tasty right now and definitely the cheaper route to get started.

Awesome. I made a new build guide post so that we're not hijacking this post with a varation of the build that the OP didn't do.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
EOW works realy good for me, im here from the beggining of this post, looking all your builds and taking stuff which i suposed will work. I am curently on 12-14 tier maps playing them with no problem, hydrosphere is amazing for bosses, i killed Baran on tier 13 on awakening lvl 5 in 2 sec max. I linked herald of ice with hexsuport, temp chains and frostbite so every time i cast EOW basicly everything on screen is double cursed. Planing to take frostbite ring when my awakened hex reach lvl 5 so i can input ele weaknes also. Somehow i menaged to play with replica inny boots and doedre gloves, have caped res, 40% chaos res and 6k energy shield. Still have kinda shity cluster jewels, probably will take culling strike and crit have 5% to do double damage. Curently playing with HOI, discipline, zealotry, summon skiterbots, hatred and clarity auras, with Charisma enchant on amulet will have place for one more aura, probably Grace. I am low life es build. You can take some hits but most important defense parametar is range beetwen you and target. Helped Alira for extra res and crit.

I mostly folowed Arkon build with some changes in gear and on the tree.

Thank you all for posting ideas, stay sane exiles :)
God, this looks fun...

But VB is expensive, so I guess I'm giving up on EoW for this league. Good luck with the build, though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info