[3.15] Elemental Hit Assassin | 3 to 150M Sirus DPS! {LEAGUE START VIABLE}

Note that I have not tested this build at its fullest state, but plan to in Expedition League. I will update this forum when I have tried it, and how it turned out.

I try to make the items fantastic without being borderline unobtainable, meaning some of these items are mirror-tier, and I'd consider a borderline unobtainable item a mirror-tier item with two perfect corrupted implicits.

PoB - https://pastebin.com/0kvj6XF5

My "ThePoisonShaft" character is a budget version of this character I procured to see how this character would do at various stages of the game, I threw about 15ex at the transtition between early maps --> t16 juicy maps, and honestly I havent seen any issues. I don't have the DPS 6l set up yet, so I cannot tell you from experience how it does with bossing, but the PoB numbers are looking promising. I would like to thank https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrimstar for helping me get seriously like half of this gear I've tested (probably upwards of 50ex), he was a big help to me and a great guy<3!

Ascendency Points Order & Explanation
Spoiler
So, you probably found it odd that this is an Elemental Hit Assassin Bow Wielder instead of a wander (like mathil's) or a raider, so I'll give some justification. I always believed that on the TREE, Ranger was slightly inefficiently placed because of the points of the key notables being overall closer to the assassin! For example, the closest notable to the assassin is: Coordination (5 points), Blood Siphon and Coordination (7 points), etc. However for ranger (when you take the evasion life path) the closest notable, Crystal skin, is a whole 10 points away. There is an argument to be made that the points on the way are actually helping the build, but Ele hit is notoriously glass cannon-based, so I generally disagree with the statement "Ranger is better located on the tree for Ele Hit". Another reason is, simply, I wanted to try something new. I recognized in the 3.15 Patch Notes the POISON part of the ascendency got hit, but all of the Crit parts were left untouched, which made it a prime candidate for me to try to make a build with it. Ele hit is also notoriously super expensive and difficult to league start, so I wanted to make a league start version!

The ascendency points, in order, you need to take for the ASSASSIN one is: Unstable Infusion, Mistwalker, Deadly infusion, and finally Opportunistic. The reasoning behind this is: We go Unstable Infusion first to start generating power charges as early as possible, simple as that. We go mistwalker second because, let's face it, everyone hates the acts, and Mistwalker gives us elusive with inc effect so we get to go speedy! Deadly infusion third because Critical Strike Chance is super useful because of the fact that Mistwalker gives us elusive ON CRIT. Another option is to take Deadly infusion second and Mistwalker third to be able to proc Mistwalker more often. Even though Opportunistic gives us the most PoB dps, we go it last because its' damage only actually applies to Bosses, and reflect immunity's only purpose is to make this build viable for nearly all map mods (i'd still avoid some), and UAtziri viable.

Crafting the Budget items should be extremely intuitive, but I'll explain the alternatives to the expensive/chase items early in the league, Asenath's Chant, Hands of the High Templar, Xoph's Blood, the Bow, etc. A full explanation of the necessary mods on each item in the build is in my video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FkOJwK2mMU
Spoiler
The Rare bow should be replaced by a Quill Rain, Silverbranch/bough, or Death's Harp/Opus Death Bow.

Asenath's Chant should be replaced by a rare with needed resists and life. The gems inside the helmet should be self-casted until then.

Xoph's Blood is difficult to replace because avatar of fire is such a key point to this build, but, a rare amulet with attack speed, life, elemental damage with attacks, and needed resists will do before you need to start getting your DPS really high.
If your crit chance is insanely high, Marylene's Fallacy can be okay (it needs to be 85%+ WITH Marylene's Fallacy equipped).

Watcher's Eye can be replaced by another "Soul Sliver" as in PoB, i.e a jewel with crit strike multi/chance (only get chance if needed! do not get chance if your crit chance is 100%, you're wasting dmg!), attack speed, life, and needed resists.

Hands of The High Templar can be replaced by rare gloves with attack speed, life, and some resists. Mercenary's Lot is also a good option.

Sorry that in the PoB there's so many items, I experimented a ton and was too lazy to clean it out.

Last edited by Pikn on Sep 7, 2021, 7:51:49 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2021, 5:04:01 PM
have you tried this build out yet? also can you league start with this build?
This build is NOT league start viable in its current state. I am going to figure out a way to replace some of the chase uniques, but with Xoph's Blood, Farrul's Fur, and Asenath's Chant being such key-points in the build it's a fairly expensive early invest cost.

I haven't tried out the build in its fullest potential but I will in this league. I am league starting a Lightning Trap Saboteur to grind currency for it.
"
SiahZ wrote:
have you tried this build out yet? also can you league start with this build?

This build is NOT league start viable in its current state. I am going to figure out a way to replace some of the chase uniques, but with Xoph's Blood, Farrul's Fur, and Asenath's Chant being such key-points in the build it's a fairly expensive early invest cost.

I haven't tried out the build in its fullest potential but I will in this league. I am league starting a Lightning Trap Saboteur to grind currency for it.
No idea if the testing is still in progress but i stumbled upon your level 25+3 Elemental Hit gem in the PoB. Was wondering how you manage to raise it to that level?! :-)
Last edited by Ch4dwick on Aug 5, 2021, 11:07:46 AM
"
Ch4dwick wrote:
No idea if the testing is still in progress but i stumbled upon your level 25+3 Elemental Hit gem in the PoB. Was wondering how you manage to raise it to that level?! :-)

Whoops, I missed that, fixed now. The gem should have been 21+8 in the first place. I also added berserk and rage into the build :D
what about bandits, kill 'em all ?
"
Xallares wrote:
what about bandits, kill 'em all ?

correct
Heya, I'm looking at your most recent character which I assume is going to be my build, and I have a few ground-level observations

1. do NOT go perfect agony , you need the timeless jewel to transform it into "Chainbreaker". BUT don't go chainbreaker until you have at least a level 20 clarity and 60+ mana regen from tree and other things. I vaguely explained this in my video, but I suppose I didn't go in depth enough. TL;DR, RESPEC OUT OF PERFECT AGONY until you have the timeless jewel and enough mana regen for it to become viable.

2. Pierce is incompatible with Toxic Rain, just use another support there

3. Only use death harp/death's opus if you're leveling with Ele hit, because you're leveling with Toxic Rain you should use a Quill Rain.

4. Because you're leveling with Toxic Rain, as I said in the video, I'd recommend getting nodes on the tree such as: Method to the Madness, Entropy, Master Fletcher, Atrophy, Growth & Decay, Exceptional Performance, and the Constitution life wheel.

5. If I were you, I'd straight up respec all of the crit nodes until you get to past the acts, because yet again toxic rain doesn't scale with crit.
Last edited by Pikn on Aug 11, 2021, 12:22:41 PM
"
Pikn wrote:
Note that I have not tested this build at its fullest state, but plan to in Expedition League. I will update this forum when I have tried it, and how it turned out.

I try to make the items fantastic without being borderline unobtainable, meaning some of these items are mirror-tier, and I'd consider a borderline unobtainable item a mirror-tier item with two perfect corrupted implicits.

PoB - https://pastebin.com/ia9WaAst

My "ThePoisonShaft" character is an EXTREMELY budget version of this character I procured to see how this character would do at various stages of the game, I threw about 15ex at the transtition between early maps --> t16 juicy maps, and honestly I havent seen any issues. I don't have the DPS 6l set up yet, so I cannot tell you from experience how it does with bossing, but the PoB numbers are looking promising. I would like to thank https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrimstar for helping me get seriously like half of this gear I've tested, he was a big help to me and a great guy<3!

Crafting the Budget items should be extremely intuitive, but I'll explain the alternatives to the expensive/chase items early in the league, Asenath's Chant, Hands of the High Templar, Xoph's Blood, the Bow, etc. A full explanation of the necessary mods on each item in the build is in my video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FkOJwK2mMU

The Rare bow should be replaced by a Quill Rain, Silverbranch/bough, or Death's Harp/Opus Death Bow.

Asenath's Chant should be replaced by a rare with needed resists and life. The gems inside the helmet should be self-casted until then.

Xoph's Blood is difficult to replace because avatar of fire is such a key point to this build, but, a rare amulet with attack speed, life, elemental damage with attacks, and needed resists will do before you need to start getting your DPS really high.
If your crit chance is insanely high, Marylene's Fallacy can be okay (it needs to be 85%+ WITH Marylene's Fallacy equipped).

Watcher's Eye can be replaced by another "Soul Sliver" as in PoB, i.e a jewel with crit strike multi/chance (only get chance if needed! do not get chance if your crit chance is 100%, you're wasting dmg!), attack speed, life, and needed resists.

Hands of The High Templar can be replaced by rare gloves with attack speed, life, and some resists. Mercenary's Lot is also a good option.

Sorry that in the PoB there's so many items, I experimented a ton and was too lazy to clean it out.

I recently hit a wall with Velyna's Poets Pen Blade Blast and decided to give this go since I have the fund. Boy, it's a money sink lmao. Mana Regeneration seems to be the big issue with this build. Especially since someone on TFT confirmed that Clarity does not regen rage. I'm still unsure whether or not this is true.. but trying it on and off seems to give the same amount of regen. Using modifiers with "Mana Regeneration Rate" does seem to help though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info