[3.15] Pathfinder ranger explosive concoction I NEED HELP

Hello everyone, this is my first build so far and I need some advices since I don't play that much. I need HELP so don't say its trash without giving advices PLEASE I really want the build to work and want to discuss about it so I can improve my decision making for builds in the future. So here is what we have for the gem
now here is what I did (Wrong of course):

At first my goal was to use a shield offhand and go pure fire with Avatar of fire but i came across a terrible problem, the node is too far because concoction is not a spell and wont benefit from the shield nodes of the witch but will be good with the shield nodes from the duelist and the marauder since it is an attack skill so i tried to go from the bottom right to the upper left by the duelist, marauder and inquisitor path it felt like garbage looking at it so i tried another approach by making it from ranger to shadow and witch path and i trashed the idea of the shield and here i am with no avatar of fire and every elemental damage nodes an life nodes i could possibly take.
I felt like i needed to use the three elements and pull as much effective utility by chilling, freezing, shocking and igniting the target i ended up with this and it looks as terrible as the other thing i tried earlier and here i am with no clue how to use that skill and incapable to sleep till i find a solution because i am bad. And i don't like being bad and ignorant about something
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2021, 9:42:08 PM
Yea, I'm digging through this as well.

Here's where I'm at.

My thoughts:
- Run shield and UA (duh).
- Stack block since using a shield anyway. Shield Dash, etc.
- Flasks are key (we need charges to do attacks), so heavily invest in anything that increases charges.
- Look for Elem. Damage nodes and Projectile Dmg nodes along the way.
- Also life, lots of life as per usual. Hence poking into the Life ring.

This is only 76 nodes so I'm trying to decide where to grab damage from on the tree. I could go into the Projectile Damage ring just south of Acrobatics, but I'm not sure if Chain/Fork is going to be a core support gem for this gem. Maybe?

Also no clue on gear currently.
Deadeye might be better for the chain, additional projectiles, and tailwind.
Thinking some of the shield nodes will be key as a number of them scale elemental attack damage.
"

Thinking some of the shield nodes will be key as a number of them scale elemental attack damage.

Yea, I had similar thoughts on both. Playing with some paths to get some shield nodes and pick up some mana + mana regen / more life along the way. The only thing Pathfinder gets us is auto-charges + cleansing of ailments. Still not sure if Duration is our friend or foe yet.
"
Strained wrote:
"

Yea, I had similar thoughts on both. Playing with some paths to get some shield nodes and pick up some mana + mana regen / more life along the way. The only thing Pathfinder gets us is auto-charges + cleansing of ailments. Still not sure if Duration is our friend or foe yet.

Could probably pick up trick shot, and put a hydrosphere down for bossing.
I'm on the same line as you guys as well biggest issue I feel is that EC will be heavily caped in the start as a pathfinder as the travel needed for good nodes is to long. So I'm hoping with "enkindling?" vinktars dying sun and vinktars and stormfire, with a lot of ailment chance to trigger yoke of suffering. Is a very high investment to get EC of the ground. Will need many unique to make it feel good so will it be S tier on pathfinder. Will try to make it happen 😁
Messing around with raider for the exposure node.
Last edited by Oonue on Jul 21, 2021, 11:52:44 PM
ok boys lets do this ! im gonna post the math of it when the gem is out on PoB !
I'm kind of wondering if the potion bonuses are kind of a red herring.
At it's base it's a ranged AOE attack that does around 7 damage with 802 - 1204 added fire damage. It has an added 5% crit due, and 10% increased AOE.

It's tags are:
Attack
Aoe
Fire
Cold
Lightning
Projectile

Can't boost the base unarmed damage of the skill with facebreakers, and the physical damage value is too low to scale.

This leaves us with Fire Damage and five other gem tags to scale off of.

Gem Level may be the way to go with gear that has +level to fire gems, cold gems, or lightning gems.
Attack damage, elemental damage, attack speed, fire pen, and chaining will also boost our DPS.

Playing the skill with classes other than the ranger might actually be preferable provided you can get the dex.

Frostferno might be a good early mapping item.
Last edited by Oonue on Jul 22, 2021, 2:01:03 AM
I mean, im starting to become crazy. I think I need things to burn with my molotovs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info