Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

I quit lol
Not maliciously, an unfortunate effect to i hope a minority

I just don't have countless hours to drive into atlas completion at a fraction of the time, to much going on.

I wish you all well! And happy farming!
I'm still going to watch from the side lines! Path will always hold a special place in my heart along side indigons VD dual pens 😂😂
Last edited by Rixxth on Jul 19, 2021, 8:29:49 PM
And there it goes, once again we have to suffer while crafting our items. Good luck, everyone.
4 things.

1: what do you mean by "Our ability to create interesting boss fights and monster combat is removed when players are routinely killing those monsters or bosses before they have used a single ability"? My understanding is that the whole point of players doing boss fights is to get loot for profit. If you can't make sure that you farm these bosses for sure, why doing them? just fight them "for fun" and lose money? Not to mention most bosses have horrible drop rates. So we are fighting much more difficult bosses, doing much less damage, being less defensive, no ailment immunity, and still get no loot? Is this what your plan is?

2. What is the point of you nerfing all gems but BUFFING CRIT GEMS? Please help me understand it. for exmaple, if you get 150% crit multi from tree, the crit multi gem will get your total crit multi up to 500+ with 20/20 gem. That is straight up 30% more damage assuming 100% crit. So you are saying yea we nerf conc destruction but here you go slap those two crit gems in and you are as strong as before if you go crit. For real dude.

3. Can you stop buffing flat numbers to "underperforming" skills? You have 1000 games before you that did the same thing but all ended up nowhere. If you have a skill that still "underperforms" after 3 numeric buffs that means there's something fundamentally wrong with that skill. [Removed by Support]

- Why are you playing storm call when you have screen-clearing skills that are INSTANT? Do I get compensated for making the delay longer? If not why does it even have the delay? Also do you know how arkward it is to scale up the damage through overlapping? That is the most arkward shit I have ever played in RPG for a long while. (This is just straight up horrible. I tried 3 seasons invested 100 exalt to make it work but it never works)

- Why are you playing lightning tendrils when you don't have to stand close and still but doing the same amount of damage using crackling lance? Do I get rewarded for standing still longer?

- Why are you playing flameblast, when you can ignite using discharge? So you channel all the way just to get stunned/killed before even releasing it?

These are the real issues with these skills, NOT THE NUBMERS.

4. It is OK to nerf player damage, but it is not fine nerfing damage and defense at the same time. Not to mention, you effectively double-downed on nerfing defense by not only nerfing the direct defenses like flask, stats and buffs like fortify, but you also adding ailment and curses that we usually would not be affected by. This is the exact situation we run into during delirium, and only the strongest build can even function. The result is simply that only well-geared meta builds can even farm alched red maps, and guess what? I grantee you most players won't be able to sustain maps and farm shit, plus you still did not fix the map drop bug during atlas progression. I predict the lowest build diversity and player retention ever since beta just because how clunky it would feel to play this game at least in this season.

Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jul 19, 2021, 8:32:10 PM
If I can't one-shot mobs, please don't let mobs one-shot me.
HyPe
Last edited by ScaryZpop on Jul 20, 2021, 2:09:25 AM
"
hatefield wrote:
"
For those who don't want to read the long version, here is a short one:

Hey, we are not interested in all these players who have a job and all. So we make the game even "harder", leaving them only three options:

1. They can find the strongest build, go to some shady shop, spend their money on the 100 exalted orbs for the required equipment. Basically, this is cheating.

2. They can spend most of their spare time running the exact same content every single league, without the slightest chance of achieving something new. This is just boring.

3. They can dislike both options, and leave. This is probably the best option.

So, if you are not one of our beloved streamers, then you can go and fuck yourself. You are not the kind of players we want.

There is always standard. I'm sure you can have fun there too. Or farming simulator... You're at the end game with 0 time invested there...

P.S. Some facts that might offend you and others who share your point of view on the nerfs.

Think about this for one second: by day 5 of the league, (let's say people are playing non stop without sleep -lol), so in a maximum of 120 hours play time there are plenty of people (I do mean more than 1 person) who manage to get level 100, kill sirius, uber elder, maiden etc. I'm sure anyone serious enough about Path of Exile, like you, who take the time to read the manifesto and whine on the forums play over 120 hours in 3 months but still they don't get close to that level, hence your frustrations. It's easy to blame nerfs, the sun, the moon, covid, developers, the meta, grandma than actually put in the time and work towards your goals in a game.

But you and others like you are not here to have fun with the game or to play to improve, to get better and more knowledgeable league by league, character by character. You're here to "finish the game" whatever that means by your definition before you get bored. And, in your egotistical point of view, other players should play the game with you as a point of reference. And so you're here, hand extended, begging for whatever and making a case for Path of Exile to go the Diablo III route and get showered in loot, levels, milestones and achievements with 0 effort. Just look how that well is working out for Blizzard.

Funny thing is that I'm sure of the fact that if the game would go the other way and buff all the stuff like it has done consistently for every league since the game's creation (despite the -lol- "nerfs" declared in other manifestos and patch notes somehow player power NEVER went down since the game came out - I'm here since beta) you'd still be here whining. I'm not sure this league will do that either. I hope it will, but asshats like you make things difficult. Now, if you please, gtfo.

I mean, you have to see the irony on that wall of gatekeeping text, right? I can't be the only one laughing at this.

By the way, 120 hours is a lot of time for the filthy casuals with other things in life that enjoy gaming, well, casually. But, hey, you are absolutely right if you say "don't play a game for non-casuals if you are a casual". That statement is correct, except the game was not always like this, hence the disapproval of people.

Calm down, buddy. Everything's gonna be ok. It's literally "only a game".
when you nerf aurabots you will reduce the time to level and make game harder, whit this [Removed by Support] you nerfed only the mid/low tier players not the zom zom players. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jul 19, 2021, 8:39:05 PM
lets play New World rather than POE...

Bye PoE

yours sincere,
Nerf

I feel like buffing ennemies nerfing gems and nerfing flasks (say what you will i'm not calling the flask change anything else while freeze exists) is dumb as in maybe do them one at a time so the community can get used to it AND so you get better feedback on every change as opposed to "well i'm dying a lot more than last league lol"

i fail to understand how nerfing overall damage is gonna in ANY way make it so people will take more utility support gems especially along with a monster buff
IF a skill ever has a good good support gems to use what does the community do ? they use it at least to clear content and they gem swap into a more dps centric gem for the bosses here damage being more difficult to get in good amounts is only gonna push the necessary dps to justify using said utility support gems further up

making the game harder is good in my oppinion but i feel like doing so without a skill rebalance is dumb because :

monster are harder to kill because you dps less they are tankier and you have less defenses from flasks along side with them hitting harder what do they do ?

a- take a risk try a skill that's meh' work harder to get less upgrades in a game where optimisation is the goal as a community that min maxes things

b- start with a skill that's been good for a long time limiting the options of skills that you would play and this the game's content

c- haha conversion trap go brrrrrrr

in my opinnion this destroys build variety also that may just be the stream that announced the changes but if it's not i find making flasks reactive unbelievably dumb let me ask you

how many builds while clearing a the highest tier of map they can can survive long enough frozen for the human reaction time to save them ?

also how many players are gonna enjoy the "fun" fuck you you don't move and your build has no options to stop that from happening mechanic ? as many players as those that don't get stun immunity while playing chaos innoculation that's how many elementalist was already popular but damn that's gonna add to it

my takeaway is that yes i agree the game has gotten easy and needs to be rebalanced but i believe the way it is being done is not gradual enough and in places just wrong and that it will cause the community to be more min maxy than it already is rendering the point of giving more build diversity thanks to more utility skill gems being used moot

hope i'm wrong because i really want to play the game after being disapointed in the past 4-7 leagues

"
Rixxth wrote:
I quit lol
Not maliciously, an unfortunate effect to i hope a minority

I just don't have countless hours to drive into atlas completion at a fraction of the time, to much going on.

I wish you all well! And happy farming!
I'm still going to watch from the side lines! Path will always hold a special place in my heart along side indigons VD dual pens 😂😂

You can get level 100 and beat most end game content in under 100 hours played. There are enough people who do it... why not you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info