Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

so now who doesnt have life in game and need live in real world too and have literally 12h in game to grind got banned and excluded from end game, what a nice addition in game that update so far, i give like 1 month and a half to the league got dead because this
GL with this nerfs and this disgusting 1999 loot system :)

If GGG wonder why there are less ppl active playing, its not the holidays.

U force the money spending playerbase to quit the game.
Its the playerbase that help new ppl how to play and explain why they need to buy at least one pack for inventory stashes.

Yes we like to play some op builds. And most new players like it too because of the fact they able to see and play endgame using one of this builds.

"
delgar89 wrote:

If the game is too hard for anyone, then oh well, all I can say is "git gut" because you can call current Path of Exile many things but hard ain't it.

Some of my friends would totally disagree here. Almost everything is "easy" if you know how things work. And if u call urself a min/maxer I assume you know which gears to grind to reach ur goals asap. Many people don't. And making the game harder doesn't make it easier for the average player.

"
delgar89 wrote:

Dedication has nothing to do with difficulty. You are contradicting yourself because you're speaking about "time" in a "gear grinding game". Grind doesn't equal the difficulty of the game.

Agree and Disagree... Economics are a not even small part of PoE gameplay and being bad at "grinding gear" or having bad rng in drops does indeed increase the difficult if u compare this with someone who got a mirror on league start. But - the game doesn't become more difficult by making the mobs hit harder or the player less harder. I'm wrong - it does - but it also becomes more frustrating. And that's not even bc u die more (but also bc u die more) but bc PoE isn't good in telling what u did wrong. Getting off screen one shots is - imho - no good game design and needs a rework before making the game harder. If I can activly dodge enemy abilities and therefor need "skill" - this makes a game harder. Off Screen One Shots can't be dodged and most deadly skills aren't even visible to dodge. But just lowering Player DPS and raising Enemy DPS ends in an calculation check (Enemy.DPS > Player.HP = Player.Death) and doesn't involve skill but gear. And so grinding gear and invested time is in fact part of a games difficult.
Last edited by phlaistar on Jul 20, 2021, 7:03:40 PM
Facts:
POE had 100k player base. Developers did a greate job and:
POE player base dropped 40K-45K range. Again developers did a greate job:
POE player base dropped to 10k-15K range. Again our shiny delelopers did a greate job.
Right now lets be optimistic! we have 5000 player base.YAY!!
DEVELOPEMENT SAMPLES:
1.leveling bound items not talking about gems I am talking about item itself weapon armors etc. Everytime player changes it have to level it again for min-max players or even regular players. With this leagues wont be 1 week league.

2.POE pratically have 3 different dificulty. Behind that idea is good. Does it work? NOPE! Make each difficulty can play the maps! You can pull regular players farming normal difficulty, veteran players can farm med difficulty, kickaz players can farm hard one. What else do you want?

3. Some kind of rebirth system can be developed if you have developers in your staff. :)

4.Proper trade system can be developed.. Giving pain to players is not even an option to slow the game be creative!

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 20, 2021, 7:10:28 PM
Are we just going to play mapping like delving and get a support and pray you live with all investment in zoom now and the classic "not getting hit" strategies? Or are we going back to 2012 meta tank builds that just live through everything by going CI/ES but lack damage but will always fall behind in the long run compared to maxing dps.

Are the one shots going away at least? Porc nerfs? Awakener fight is trash with 125mil hp over the fight, loot is good tho. Have to get CB immunity and max block a hit combo of 25k from off screen is just stupid. Murphy's Law states, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". Crit on bosses with ridiculous amounts of damage is why people try to 1 shot the boss before getting 1 shotted. its teh same thing that happens in Delve and nobody but like 10 people like to play Delve. Else I need to pob a 300k eph monster like slam builds for incase something goes wrong.

Promote more mechanical defensive playstyles if you want it, add telegraphs like Uber Elder/Atziri(10/10 fights btw) where my first kill was on a 6k ES CoC Discharge build where you'd kill yourself if you clearly messed up mechanics but you need to remove 1 shot BS or your going to further push the zoom meta.

[Removed by Support] Cant wait to play it though and test it out. Not buying a supporter pack tho so free gameplay. It just looks like the average player is just gonna plateau faster and leave. Are the changes just to make streamers play the game longer to help keep there audiences engaged in the game? Don't go down the WoW path please with player metrics lol. docLeave
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 20, 2021, 7:38:59 PM
first don't get me wrong I LOVE THE IDEA MAKING THE GAME HARDER AND SLOWER!

My problem is the did it in way that is so negative with out fixing other fundamentals of the game.

First one of the major pull to this game is the gambling aspect. Invest time and you get loot. This is a great model and has worked very well. With this game though 99% of the great loot drops off of map monsters with a very low % chance at that. This isn't a bad thing if you are a speed AARPG game, But when you are slowing the char down with out making the time spent more rewarding in my opinion you are knee capping the game.

Now I will not complain about the game without offering some fix ideas.

Create more target farmable items. ie. make map bosses harder with random and target farmable items. This game already has the bosses. A boss rework with more rewarding drops would be awesome!!! It would serve 2 functions 1. would make players really invest and identify chars as a bosser or mapper char. 2. allow for slower progression through end game mapping. I would love to see more map bosses on the level of uber atziri and sirius. maybe make the map bosses in each have a locked door or something and have keys that have a chance to drop in there map and allow you to fight the boss... just an idea but big changes like that would be nice. As for map completion for progression instead of clearing the boss maybe full clearing mobs or have some kind of mini boss in the map to show trigger completion....

Just an idea hope you all read and get inspired!

IMPACT ON TRADE ECONOMY?

I'm super new to the game and probably don't understand all the ramifications in this manifesto, but I would like to know how these balance changes will affect the overall economy of the game?

If monster difficulty will increase AND overall damage/power will be reduced, that would translate to fewer 'casual' players reaching higher tier maps, bosses and general endgame content, leading to fewer drops of unique items and fewer people able to craft gear because of less farmed currency. This would create a negative feedback loop where because there are fewer people able to farm at higher levels, there will be fewer items available on the market, leading to greater demand for those items, thereby hiking the prices and pricing out the casual player that is not able to accumulate enough currency nor farm the item (further trapping the casual player in a state of stagnation, because without those items, they cannot move up any further).

This would also mean that the top 5% of players (like the streamers) would have total control over the economy, because they are the only ones who will be able to farm at those levels, kill bosses, etc. They can now dictate the price of everything because there is no competition and there is immense demand.

If GGG increases monster difficulty AND reduces overall damage, then it is only fitting that the reward for managing to kill those monsters is increased, too. The drop rate (rarity) should be adjusted, and/or it should bring back deterministic crafting. Otherwise, casual players like me will never be able to farm nor afford the build that we set out in our heads at the start of the league. I am afraid that as a casual player who generally only gets to play over the weekends, I won't get there until a week before the league ends! Or I might never get there!

I don't generally mind nerfs, but you can't expect to introduce sweeping changes to one aspect of the game (difficulty) and not think there will be consequences/knock-on effects on other areas (economy).
I was planning to league-start with a Popcorn SRS build, and was disappointed to see that the Minion Damage Support gem is actually going to affect this build disproportionately because of the life reduction penalty. I'm just surprised that they decided to nerf it in this way, since Minion Instability builds are not popular at all (0.8% of the player base use it according to POE Ninja) and it is one of the few viable 'active' minion builds where you're actually doing something. Players that use Minion Damage Support in other more traditional minion builds will probably not mind the life reduction penalty anyway and will still use it for the raw damage it adds, so I don't see how this disincentivises those builds from using it/being dependent on it, but it is definitely going to hurt Minion Instability builds disproportionately.

I hope it will still be viable.
I am not sure what is wrong saying :
Changing values of the server related radius of skills or base damage of skills is not developement on my eyes.
Yet again what is wrong with saying :
[Removed by Support]

I read Code of Conduct 2 times. There is nothing aganist what I say please stop cencoring me dear Lisa_GGG.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jul 20, 2021, 8:28:44 PM
"
hatefield wrote:
"
Oblitus wrote:
And moderators are now only allowing positive reactions.

And somehow your shitty remark still stands... And of course the thread has no replies from entitled primadonas moaning and wailing every two posts crying over nerfs they don't even know how will shape up the game and letting us all know they are quitting. It's one big sea of positivity.

At first you came across like someone with exceptionally poor reading comprehension (thinking that post about gatekeeping was directed more at the length of the post and not its gatekeeping content - LOL!), but not it is obvious you are a troll that the moderators are ok with having around.

Neat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info