[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

Thanks again for your effort, I appreciate it.

So I've now dropped maim support. Switched Blood and Sand for flesh and Stone. Worked in a link on my gloves for Tempest shield-immortal call-increased duration. (this one I don't level up as you told me)

I still have Molten Shell and Bloodrage as CWDT in my helmet because I dont really fancy casting these buffs manually and they dont seem to occupy mana all the time, so it seems okay.

Switched reposte for Melee phys in shield.

Linked fortify to Leap Slam and FA as long as I dont have a 5/6-Link.

I think this will work better, now with two CWDT,s and an added tempest shield and Immortal Call.

If you don't mind,I do have some questions left:

1)How do you get the total mana to work in Blood and Sand, next to Pride and Flesh and Stone? I already have 95% of my mana reserved and dont see where the extra 35% should be coming from.

2) What stats should my 2nd ring have, apart from Mana leech? DO I go life and Res, or Phys Damage to attacks?

3) During Gameplay, do you just pop all your flasks at once to get the max boost defence in stressful situations, or do you press them reactively once you notice poison/bleed/corruption?

4) Should I get the Unique gloves you have in 3.15, or should I go for rare Apothecary gloves with a bit a bit of Phys-Dmg, Life and Resistance?

"
DemTactics wrote:

If you don't mind,I do have some questions left:

1)How do you get the total mana to work in Blood and Sand, next to Pride and Flesh and Stone? I already have 95% of my mana reserved and dont see where the extra 35% should be coming from.

2) What stats should my 2nd ring have, apart from Mana leech? DO I go life and Res, or Phys Damage to attacks?

3) During Gameplay, do you just pop all your flasks at once to get the max boost defence in stressful situations, or do you press them reactively once you notice poison/bleed/corruption?

4) Should I get the Unique gloves you have in 3.15, or should I go for rare Apothecary gloves with a bit a bit of Phys-Dmg, Life and Resistance?

1.1 Without mana leech or Enlighten I would run Flesh and Stone + Herald of Purity + War Banner or Flesh and Stone + Pride.
1.2 With mana leech and/or Enlighten I would run Flesh and Stone + Pride + War Banner.

I opted to run banner instead of Blood and Sand this league.

2. You should go for the stats your are missing, probably attacks because you are still on a 4-link.

3. Yes, normally (and with experience) you understand what is dangerous (for me: legion, harvest, league mechanics, metamorph, map boss etc.) and press all the utility flasks. Have corrupted blood immunity so you only need to worry about bleeding. Otherwise, I generally don't press all the flasks.

4. I made the same Apothecary Gloves in 3.15 as well but right now I am pushing for level so I am more defensive. I think you can go with a cheap (unique) gloves with Vulnerability on hit. Having not manually cast curses really helps you focus on surviving.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
Thanks a bunch.

One last Question, sorry if I'm exhausting, just trying to understand the mechanics of this build.

Ancestral Protector gives 20% AS. As of PoB Lacerate itslef deals 37k dps, while Bleeding sits at around 1m. Isn't then the AS negligable, as I only need to get 8 stacks of bleeding on the enemy, which wont take more than 5 seconds anyways?

If so, could i just remove it for a 2nd CWDT with Vaal Molten shell in my Axe (Warcry,CWDT,Vaal Molten Shell) This saves us from having to manually cast it and thus miss it when getting unexpected damage
"
DemTactics wrote:
Ancestral Protector gives 20% AS. As of PoB Lacerate itslef deals 37k dps, while Bleeding sits at around 1m. Isn't then the AS negligable, as I only need to get 8 stacks of bleeding on the enemy, which wont take more than 5 seconds anyways?

You want to have extra AS because even if you have 8 stacks of bleeding, each stack deals a different amount of damage depending on your damage roll. If you have higher attack speed, you have a higher chance of rolling a greater bleed which will replace your lowest bleeding stack.

PoB shows the AVERAGE 8 stacks of bleeding damage while in practice, your HIGHEST 8 stacks of bleeding deals damage.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

just here to share how im doing so far and im doing great, the only reason im dead most time is cause my game froze since my laptop is not high end or anything, thing spawnning here and there usually cause me to die but other than that im doing amazing even with my own twist of the build.

Im sticking with dual wielding and just off 20% block but im surviving just by leeching and regen from enduring and vaal molten manually with immortal call cwdt.

For aura i didnt use pride, since "raising up to (30-39)% as they stay in the Aura for 4 seconds" while things usually die before 4 second, i just use vulnerability and slot blasphemy, get impressence and then slot in herald of purity for more phys damage along with blood and sand and flesh and stone, having 5 aura total.

So far using ur build as baseline and change up stuff for my taste is working great! thanks again for the guide man!

Now i just need ryslatha coils myself.
"
LegaultCriez wrote:
So far using ur build as baseline and change up stuff for my taste is working great! thanks again for the guide man!.

Glad you enjoyed it. I am also doing something different this league but I am more focused on defense.

WTS Softcore
Spectral Shield Throw Gladiator
Main Skill : Spectral Shield Throw
PoB : https://pastebin.com/b00G5waN
Price : 68 Ex ( Negotiable, Breakdown of the price on PoB Notes )
IGN ONLY : bithplz
Sorry if this is here, i havent really seen it but what is the order of ascendencies for this build?
"
Dooftard wrote:
Sorry if this is here, i havent really seen it but what is the order of ascendencies for this build?

Gratuitous Violence first then Versatile Combatant.

"
strTrader wrote:
"
Dooftard wrote:

Gratuitous Violence first then Versatile Combatant.

so first id have to go with blood in the eyes and then gratuitous? ccuz i cant go right to gratuitous first.. sorry im new to POE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info