[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

"
Mr_Andersson wrote:

How can i craft it on my chest (implicit) plz?

I think there are 2 ways to do this.

1. Buy a 6-linked body armor and roll the implicits yourself.
2. Buy a body armor with 1 implicit (I think the Tempest Shield buff is the rarer of the two) and then 6-linked it yourself.

After the implicits are done, you can Essense of Greed and look for open prefix to craft Attack/Spell block.

You want a higher level of Eater implicit to Eldritch Chaos the Suffixes.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
I seem to be doing fairly well now, and the build is mostly complete.

With that in mind, if anyone has some suggestions regarding improving gear I'd love to hear it.

I am currently working on my shield. After about 400 Loathing essences I still haven't gotten the +spell block and recover % life on block that I'm after to complete the suffix side, and this is what is blocking every improvement I'm thinking of. If I could get T1 blocks on shield I could drop 3 block jewels, or swap out my chest for a more DPS focused option, or plop in enough mana reservation efficiency to add Malevolence.

Without block options, I have limited options. I could probably make a new chest with double block but it will be expensive. I'm thinking a redeemer chest with chance for Frenzy charge on hit or +effect from non-curse aura skills, then double block and life. Not sure if it's worth it though as I would only get 1 guaranteed suffix.

Anyone have some great suggestions on gear improvement that will cost less than 20ex to make?
Last edited by Dessembrae_ on Apr 27, 2022, 10:44:45 PM
"
Dessembrae_ wrote:

With that in mind, if anyone has some suggestions regarding improving gear I'd love to hear it.

I am currently working on my shield. After about 400 Loathing essences I still haven't gotten the +spell block and recover % life on block that I'm after to complete the suffix side, and this is what is blocking every improvement I'm thinking of. If I could get T1 blocks on shield I could drop 3 block jewels, or swap out my chest for a more DPS focused option, or plop in enough mana reservation efficiency to add Malevolence.

Without block options, I have limited options. I could probably make a new chest with double block but it will be expensive. I'm thinking a redeemer chest with chance for Frenzy charge on hit or +effect from non-curse aura skills, then double block and life. Not sure if it's worth it though as I would only get 1 guaranteed suffix.

Anyone have some great suggestions on gear improvement that will cost less than 20ex to make?

I would suggest crafting rare gloves. You can have elevater phys damage over time multi + bleed damage guaranteed with awakened orb + extra dot damage from apothecary base. After that just hope for usefull suffix and craft prefixes with veiled orbs and harvest. You will need to get vulnerability from ring but it should be worth it.

Also for your shield.. you can get spell block only on es base or hybrid I think, you should check pob before you spend more currency
Last edited by Mern on Apr 29, 2022, 6:38:20 AM
"
Mern wrote:
"
Dessembrae_ wrote:

I would suggest crafting rare gloves. You can have elevater phys damage over time multi + bleed damage guaranteed with awakened orb + extra dot damage from apothecary base. After that just hope for usefull suffix and craft prefixes with veiled orbs and harvest. You will need to get vulnerability from ring but it should be worth it.

Also for your shield.. you can get spell block only on es base or hybrid I think, you should check pob before you spend more currency

That sounds fun. Can you give me a breakdown of how to get the glove base? Apothecary + Elder, and then just roll whatever until I hit T1 dot multi? What worked best for you?

The shield I'm running with for double block is a Champion's Kite. I'm using Loathing Essences for guaranteed +10% block, hoping for recover life + spell block. Whenever I get double block + free suffix I craft suffixes cannot be changed and do a harvest life. No luck so far.
I usually buy the elevated phys base, but I am not sure how many of them will be on market since only a few people craft something at this point of a league. Still if you can´t buy them you can craft them yourself with orb of dominance. You need to get hunter gloves with elevated phys damage over time multiplier (base doesn´t matter). After that you buy 80+ elder apothecary gloves and craft T1 damage with bleeding (elevated mod is useless for this). You can also use warlord base for culling strike instead of bleed damage, but culling on bleed damage on weapon is a lot better. Than just use awakener orb to get elevated phys multi and t1 bleed on apothecary base and hope for that 1 good suffix. Prefixes can be changed later with harvest reroll prefixes.
I would like to use this guide in the next league. Could you make a leveling tree which is devided in act 5, act 10 and level 95? So one has a general direction as to what to go for first.
"
I would like to use this guide in the next league. Could you make a leveling tree which is devided in act 5, act 10 and level 95? So one has a general direction as to what to go for first.

You can use this PoB: https://pastebin.com/kh2ewx1e

Can't see your profile so can't gauge your experience with melee characters. So keep in mind, the build is relatively slow in Acts and won't pick up speed until second Lab.

Leveling tree is not optimized, so you can deviate from it if needed.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

Did you have a hard time getting lvl 100 and 40/40 this league?
"
Kalithas wrote:
Did you have a hard time getting lvl 100 and 40/40 this league?

3.17 was by far the easiest league (for challenges), so 40/40 wasn't too hard. L100 I haven't done it solo since Ultimatum. The last 2 levels I did through 5-way.

I am definitely excited to try this build out, Jack the axe is one of my favorite weapons, it's just so cool!Plus my friend group has a long standing challenge to play non minion builds...

Has anyone looked at the new uniques for 3.18 and see any potential upgrades? That worm hole jewel looks like it would go great on iron will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info