[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

"
Mern wrote:
Simulacrum 30 finished. This is definitely the strongest version of the build that I ever made. Final version is not exactly budget friendly but can do all content in the game, while starter version is super cheap which is great for progression.

PoB link https://pastebin.com/tNemWZkk

I switched over to use the second mana reservation efficiency node you have. Lost a bit of damage but mostly it's a lot smoother not having to worry about that 38 mana cap. Great idea. I just got uber Elder deathless (second attempt ever) because I could fit in Purity of Ice and Defiance and still comfortable whack away. I'm also noticing I could technically drop F&S for Malevolence at this point, which I'll try as soon as a reasonably priced Pride inc damage / determination +block / malevolence faster ailments| dot multi watcher's eye pops up. After that I just need a faster bleed axe with 3 gem supports + Squire for top tiddies DPS.

Also, how is your fortification going? I am using the flesh/flame for that one, as it was flaky as hell with my pathetic hits. In your build you are using +damage on 20 fortify, but you can't get to 20 fortification with your fortify on hit setup.

"
Dessembrae_ wrote:

I switched over to use the second mana reservation efficiency node you have. Lost a bit of damage but mostly it's a lot smoother not having to worry about that 38 mana cap. Great idea. I just got uber Elder deathless (second attempt ever) because I could fit in Purity of Ice and Defiance and still comfortable whack away. I'm also noticing I could technically drop F&S for Malevolence at this point, which I'll try as soon as a reasonably priced Pride inc damage / determination +block / malevolence faster ailments| dot multi watcher's eye pops up. After that I just need a faster bleed axe with 3 gem supports + Squire for top tiddies DPS.

Also, how is your fortification going? I am using the flesh/flame for that one, as it was flaky as hell with my pathetic hits. In your build you are using +damage on 20 fortify, but you can't get to 20 fortification with your fortify on hit setup.

I tried malevolence but flesh and stone with maim gives me a lot more dps (according to pob) + has less reservation. Maybe as you mentioned with some crazy 3 mod watchers eye it might be worth it.

I can get to 17 fortify quite easily, so i prefer this fortify wheel (even without 20 fortification you get + damage for the first two small nodes)

Also for weapon crafting, there is actually relatively cheap way to get decent weapon this league as deafening essence of contempt are cheap. Just get 83+ elder siege axe and spam essence until you get T1 elder bleed damage over multi for attack and either hope for 100% or more increased phys or 1 open prefix for %phys craft. Hitting just T1 bleed + essence prefix + multicrafted % phys and phys damage over time is quite easy and as far as I remember it was around 500k dps increase from Jack axe for me.
"
Mern wrote:
"
Dessembrae_ wrote:

I tried malevolence but flesh and stone with maim gives me a lot more dps (according to pob) + has less reservation. Maybe as you mentioned with some crazy 3 mod watchers eye it might be worth it.

I can get to 17 fortify quite easily, so i prefer this fortify wheel (even without 20 fortification you get + damage for the first two small nodes)

Also for weapon crafting, there is actually relatively cheap way to get decent weapon this league as deafening essence of contempt are cheap. Just get 83+ elder siege axe and spam essence until you get T1 elder bleed damage over multi for attack and either hope for 100% or more increased phys or 1 open prefix for %phys craft. Hitting just T1 bleed + essence prefix + multicrafted % phys and phys damage over time is quite easy and as far as I remember it was around 500k dps increase from Jack axe for me.

I have an axe that works so and so. What I really wanted to try was specifically the gem supports on the axe for the delightful synergy between the Squire and all the Elder gem supports that also add useful stats. Brutality gem support adds not only a lvl20 gem, it also adds some 140% phys damage. If I can, ain'shallah, get a decent bleed axe that has brutality, multistrike, and chance to bleed on it, I can combine that with the Squire for an additional 3 support gems, resulting in a scary strong (and also scary mana intensive) Lacerate with 8 supports. That would be pretty fun to try. It's not free though, as faceted fossils are around 80c currently.

I think otherwise my best bet is to roll a shield for replacing The Surrender and a second ring with +dot multi and vuln so I can replace the Crusader's gloves. I guess overall I need to find enough AS and dot multi to drop Arena Challenger for Reigning Veteran. It's disturbing that I haven't found a single amulet this league with +dot multi, +phys dot multi, and mana reservation for malevolence, otherwise I would try to fix that one up.
"
Dessembrae_ wrote:

I have an axe that works so and so. What I really wanted to try was specifically the gem supports on the axe for the delightful synergy between the Squire and all the Elder gem supports that also add useful stats. Brutality gem support adds not only a lvl20 gem, it also adds some 140% phys damage. If I can, ain'shallah, get a decent bleed axe that has brutality, multistrike, and chance to bleed on it, I can combine that with the Squire for an additional 3 support gems, resulting in a scary strong (and also scary mana intensive) Lacerate with 8 supports. That would be pretty fun to try. It's not free though, as faceted fossils are around 80c currently.

I think otherwise my best bet is to roll a shield for replacing The Surrender and a second ring with +dot multi and vuln so I can replace the Crusader's gloves. I guess overall I need to find enough AS and dot multi to drop Arena Challenger for Reigning Veteran. It's disturbing that I haven't found a single amulet this league with +dot multi, +phys dot multi, and mana reservation for malevolence, otherwise I would try to fix that one up.

Squire might be great for dps but life recovery on block would be a huge loss, at least for me as I really like that relaxed playstyle. Also for its price you can buy gear with enough dps modifiers (elevated phys bleed on gloves, elevated phys damage on helmet, dot over time multi ring etc.) that your dps should be similiar even with recovery shield.
"
strTrader wrote:
"
alphazeta33 wrote:
Hey, is the axe crafting procedure in the first post still the way to go as of 3.17?

There is no new crafting method introduced for weapons so the guide is still relevant. Weapon crafting takes a lot of currency so I only recommend it if most of your gear is in good shape.

Looking at your character, I think you can start thinking about crafting one. There is also the expensive method which is

1. Alteration Orb spam for T1 Increased Physical
2. Prefix cannot be changed
3. Imprint
4. Harvest reforge physical

Each try is 1 imprint so it's not that cheap. Once you have a good set of prefixes you can fix the suffixes. For this league, I didn't even craft an axe, just use Jack, the Axe to do all the contents.

Thank you, the axe is the item I'd like to try my hand at crafting but some more juicy mapping convinced me it's not time for that yet. I need to start running herald of purity so I'll be getting an Uncompromising (determination mana efficiency) small cluster.

Is there anything else that stands out as in need of a quick upgrade on my build right now?

For those running perma 20-fortify with jewels - Is it a noticeable survivability benefit?
Hi,
Thank you for your guide ! I have been following it for my character this league, and tried to add a twist to make it tankier as I found myself to be dying pretty often. To do this I got % insreased mana reservation efficiency on my helmet and body, so I can have pride, determination, tempest shield, and flesh and stone/maim. However, I'm not very experienced and I feel like there has to be a better way of doing this. Is herald of purity really important ? Is it better than maim on flesh and stone ?

I also go a lucky harvest craft on an elder royal axe and decided to multimod it, but seeing your crazy siege axes made me wonder if it was really worth it...

Anyways thanks for this guide, I definitely feel way less tanky than I used to be a few years ago with gladiator, but I'm still having fun with your build !
Heya strTrader - I'd like to thank you first of all. I played your Gladi and finished 40/40 today with a quite nice amount of currency in my stash. Had alot of fun along the way - again thanks!

Now that the league is coming to an end I would like to spend the rest of my Exalts on optimizing my char but I'm at a bit of a loss. When trying around in PoB (for example tuning my Aura setup to snuggle Maim into it) the invest of 24Ex for Enlighten Lvl4 only nets in an increase of 5% more damage, if I even reach that.

Can you point me into the right direction? Only if you find the time!

Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/XVd2f7RR

I'm happy with that league, so no worries!

Have a nice day and stay sane!

Best regards, Gira
"
alphazeta33 wrote:
Is there anything else that stands out as in need of a quick upgrade on my build right now?

For those running perma 20-fortify with jewels - Is it a noticeable survivability benefit?

What stands out right now is the following:

1. Weapon quality
2. Divine your belt so that #Max > #Min. This is very important
3. Maybe get a Pride Watcher's Eye

I would rather get 2 rare jewels with a combined +10% maximum life and other attributes than Forbidden Flame/Flesh.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
"
Zaltori wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for your guide ! I have been following it for my character this league, and tried to add a twist to make it tankier as I found myself to be dying pretty often. To do this I got % insreased mana reservation efficiency on my helmet and body, so I can have pride, determination, tempest shield, and flesh and stone/maim. However, I'm not very experienced and I feel like there has to be a better way of doing this. Is herald of purity really important ? Is it better than maim on flesh and stone ?

I also go a lucky harvest craft on an elder royal axe and decided to multimod it, but seeing your crazy siege axes made me wonder if it was really worth it...

Anyways thanks for this guide, I definitely feel way less tanky than I used to be a few years ago with gladiator, but I'm still having fun with your build !

This build is no where as strong as several leagues ago. I didn't push very hard this league so I didn't bother to craft an axe myself. I would say your axe is very good as long as you have decent attack speed. Herald of Purity is not must have if you are focusing on defensive aura. It does give a More multiplier so if you were to choose between Herald of Purity and Maim then go for Herald.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

"
Girafferl wrote:
Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/XVd2f7RR

Hi Gira,

Here are my thoughts (not in order):

1. Weapon: I think we can Harvest keep prefix reroll suffix (until you only have the fractured mod), then Multimod + %physical damage + DoT multiplier. I tested it on Craft of Exile, make sure you do the same before you commit.

2. Gloves: Looks like you already switched to Hands of the High Templar, however I strongly recommend to get at least one with +1 level to socketed gems and Vulnerability on Hit (costs about 4ex with single curse). This will free up your Warlord ring and provides stronger curse effect (48% vs 20%/32%). Maybe switch for a Vermillion ring + Essence of Delirium (or Circle of Guilt).

3. Large Cluster: Ideally you want to get Wound Aggravation. I don't know if there is a way to determine the location of the nodes.

4. Watcher's Eye: you want to roll for 58%+ for your Pride modifer.

5. Gloves/Boots/Belt enchants: Good to have.

6. Gems: Divergent Pride, Anomalous/Divergent Flesh and Stone

Everything else looks solid. You can refer to Mern's PoB to draw some high end gear inspiration. Enlighten L4 is really expensive, so I will probably so exclude it in the guide moving forward.

Mern's PoB link https://pastebin.com/tNemWZkk

Last edited by strTrader on Mar 20, 2022, 6:08:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info