[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

Really good questions. Please see my response below.

"
f3lipeff wrote:
Awesome guide, really detailed.

I have some questions, since I'm planning to use this guide to help me with my practice to the next league 3.16.

Why people say this build is weak against DoT? Don't we have a lot of sources of life regen? Passive life regen, enduring cry, flask, jack, shield, life on hit

I think DoT is a weakness if we have to choose a weakness for this build. None of our primary defenses protect us from DoTs (armor, block chance/life on hit). We also do not have ailments immunity (from tree/ascendency). However DoT should not be a serious concern because as you said we have flask, life regen, life leech, chaos resistance etc. to offset.

"
Do you stay one blood or stand stance? Or if u keep switching the stances, in which scenarios u do?

Normally I use Sand for clearing and Blood for map bosses (unless the map is terribly rolled). For example, if a map has increased monster life, physical damage reduction or enfeeble, I might use Blood to kill rare monster as well. I have seen people only use Blood stance so it comes down to your playstyle and how actively you want to manage your stances.

A sample mapping video featuring Stance/Leap Slam/Difficult map mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kruTFloaJng

"
I see that u are using poachers mark in ur endgame setup, how its performing? its a good mana/life/damage source?

Poacher's mark is an experimental set up since I have the +1 curse chest and I figure poacher fits in the best. I have mana leech from cluster and life leech from blood rage. So poacher is really only providing the damage (not really noticeable difference). I was running vulnerability and enfeeble on my gloves but I can't find one with +1 frenzy so I changed to the current set up.

"
Isn't shield charge a better skill than leap slam to move?

If I recall correctly, you can't shield charge through a cliff or other terrains so you need a second movement skill. Leap slam will also 100% stun full HP enemies giving you time to reposition.

"
No quicksilver flask?

I generally avoid walking and move with leap slam. I can have an extra utility flask this way. Quicksilver is still good during leveling.

"
If possible, in the future it would be cool to have a leveling section too in this guide, It would help a lot of new players.

It would be awesome too if you could edit your POB to to have a lower level trees too, so we would know which passives/gems would benefit us most, being efficient.

I absolutely agree. This is my goal before 3.16 release.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
Last edited by strTrader on Sep 26, 2021, 12:32:07 PM
"
strTrader wrote:
Really good questions. Please see my response below.

"
f3lipeff wrote:
Awesome guide, really detailed.

"
If possible, in the future it would be cool to have a leveling section too in this guide, It would help a lot of new players.

It would be awesome too if you could edit your POB to to have a lower level trees too, so we would know which passives/gems would benefit us most, being efficient.

I absolutely agree. This is my goal before 3.16 release.

Awesome, looking forward to it!
why flesh and stone? ascendancy glad - Blood in the eyes - give maim.
I get that attackspeed increases damage by having more chance to roll a higher bleed especially with rhyslatha bringing a higher base damage variance.

Still if i change multistrike in pob for awakened deadly ailments i get much higher dps. What am i missing? (im sure i do miss something)
"
vvarior wrote:
why flesh and stone? ascendancy glad - Blood in the eyes - give maim.

It enables Blood/Sand stance. Flesh and Stone's maim (increased damage) stacks with other sources.

There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

"
Makaree wrote:
I get that attackspeed increases damage by having more chance to roll a higher bleed especially with rhyslatha bringing a higher base damage variance.

Still if i change multistrike in pob for awakened deadly ailments i get much higher dps. What am i missing? (im sure i do miss something)

PoB calculates bleeding DPS assuming maximum number of bleed stacks (8) in effect. If 1 hit can generate 8 stacks of bleeding then Awakened Deadly Ailments will outperform Multistrike. In actual gameplay, we need to reach (and maintain) the maximum bleed stacks and Multistrike helps us achieve that.

Also I don't think PoB is not calculating the "more damage" from repeated attacks.

Multistrike is also good for mana issues - repeats of the attacks don't use mana at all creating a delay that allows mana to regenerate between main attacks.

On my build I use only one jewel with -9 to mana cost of skills - and no other such mods on items are required.
"
artisanix wrote:
Multistrike is also good for mana issues - repeats of the attacks don't use mana at all creating a delay that allows mana to regenerate between main attacks.

On my build I use only one jewel with -9 to mana cost of skills - and no other such mods on items are required.

Agreed, this is a side benefit.

"
strTrader wrote:
PoB calculates bleeding DPS assuming maximum number of bleed stacks (8) in effect. If 1 hit can generate 8 stacks of bleeding then Awakened Deadly Ailments will outperform Multistrike. In actual gameplay, we need to reach (and maintain) the maximum bleed stacks and Multistrike helps us achieve that.

Also I don't think PoB is not calculating the "more damage" from repeated attacks.

I think i understand. I have following thoughts
bleed base duration is 5 sec +20% duration from tree is 6 sec. i will play standard and will have pretty good gear, i can reach 100% faster bleed easily. that makes it a 3 sec bleed. so i need arround 2.7 attacks per second to apply 8 stacks of bleed in 3 seconds. My weapon has 1.9 base aps, so i could reach that easily without MS.
BUT: I will have 8 random bleed strength and since i have 60% chance for bleeds doing 100% more damage, i will have even more randomness and thus i need even more to fish for good bleeds. PLUS i didnt take attack downtime due to movement into account. So conclusion is, i get your point :)

On a side note im pretty sure the more damage on multistrike doesnt affect bleed, only base damage does. Or am i wrong?
"
Makaree wrote:
On a side note im pretty sure the more damage on multistrike doesnt affect bleed, only base damage does. Or am i wrong?

Per gem description, Damage (since not specified) applies to both hit and ailment.

Also confirmed by Mark_GGG in the following post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/jdcsk6/multistrike_more_damage_on_repeat_does_not_affect/

Last edited by strTrader on Oct 12, 2021, 11:30:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info