Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Umbraal wrote:
He is not correct. When you have your crit reflected, you will take a crit from the monster. Thus it will be reduced.
This is not true. reflected damage is only about the amount, no reflection is capable of being a crit.

Also, turns out these passives were reducing all extra damage from enemy crits, even if you just have one passive, due to a rounding error (the multiplier was treated as an integer, so any multiplier below 100% rounded to 0). Expect that to be fixed in 0.10.7.

That means that basically when you took a crit, that passive, even one of them, made it non-crit?
Last edited by f0xx on Apr 18, 2013, 2:44:19 AM
"
f0xx wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Umbraal wrote:
He is not correct. When you have your crit reflected, you will take a crit from the monster. Thus it will be reduced.
This is not true. reflected damage is only about the amount, no reflection is capable of being a crit.

Also, turns out these passives were reducing all extra damage from enemy crits, even if you just have one passive, due to a rounding error (the multiplier was treated as an integer, so any multiplier below 100% rounded to 0). Expect that to be fixed in 0.10.7.

That means that basically when you took a crit, that passive, even one of them, made it non-crit?

That's the way I read it too. So if you take the two 15 nodes on the tree, a monster's crit post patch will do 30*(1-0.15-0.15) = 30*0.7 = 21% extra (effective crit damage multiplier of 121%) whereas it did 0% extra before (effective crit damage multiplier of 100%).

This is significant!
"
Sneedling wrote:
That's the way I read it too. So if you take the two 15 nodes on the tree, a monster's crit post patch will do 30*(1-0.15-0.15) = 30*0.7 = 21% extra (effective crit damage multiplier of 121%) whereas it did 0% extra before (effective crit damage multiplier of 100%).

This is significant!

Yup.

Gonna have to watch this. My FPer (as OP as they are) doesn't have QFP yet (Proj speed) and with the desync which effectively means I am virtually never where the client says I am and therefore (with no Proj Speed) my leech is often not returning what it should; the difference in that 21% from a group of ranged shocking mobs will be the difference between sustain and go-down-like a-sack-of-shit.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 18, 2013, 5:51:12 AM
going down like a sack-of-shit lol :D
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
I.E. Reads:

Item Lag + Spell Lag + summons/totems lag + Crit = Instant death before you can flask

Guess im quitting Maurader till they realize what this is going to do to us poor 2handed marauders.

Not that i don't appreciate the work and changes its just they need to really think these things through first. 2Hand is now basically impossible post 75 without a 10 EX weapon and insane gear. I die often even with high lifeleech / ManaLeech and 75% all resists. (chaos (-20) is only prob atm.).

While my ranged friends sit back and pick up the goodies while im trying to survive with flasks. (Thanks for the cyclone update was sorely needed. It DOES help greatly in survivability.)

Rangers/Witches are now overpowered simply because they can sit back from a distance.

Glad i have a 53 Crit witch too

Darker
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Monsters have a base critical strike multiplier of 130, by default. It's theoretically possible that certain types of monsters override this base value, but I doubt any do.

So every monster, from a regular zombie to mighty bosses have 130% Critical Strike Multiplier? What about base Critical Strike Chance? Or do they differ? And what about monsters with property "Deals increased critical strike damage", how much increased exactly?
So, is this passive more for PvP?
Now it is pretty much. Since it reduces only the +30% damage from the crit, or down to +24%. This makes the node a damage reduction of just 4.6% on a (non-modified) enemy crit. That's not a huge number anymore, but the real issue is its location. It's kind of hard to get to now, so the placement is very awkward. I tend to think that crits are generally not what kill me in this game, since normal base damages for things can get very high.

It would be nice if this had reduced enemy crit chance as well.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 16, 2014, 1:12:08 AM
"
Avelice wrote:
Now it is pretty much. Since it reduces only the +30% damage from the crit, or down to +24%. This makes the node a damage reduction of just 4.6% on a (non-modified) enemy crit. That's not a huge number anymore, but the real issue is its location. It's kind of hard to get to now, so the placement is very awkward. I tend to think that crits are generally not what kill me in this game, since normal base damages for things can get very high.

It would be nice if this had reduced enemy crit chance as well.

Makes sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info