Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction

i have a question about those 2 passives near the Marauser starting area.

the description if this passives say: "You take 15% reduced extra Damage fom Critical strikes"

does that mean that it reduces the critical damage of an enemy(base critdmg 150%) by 22.5% per point:
critdmg = 150% + 150% * ([added multiplier/100] - 0.15 - 0.15)

or does that mean that it reduces the "extra" dmg on a crit, so everything over the 100%:
critdmg = 100% + 50% * (1-0.15-0.15) + 150% * [added multiplier/100] * (1-0.15-0.15))

sry for the forumas but maybe a dev looks in :P

would like to know that before i skill those passives, thx for your answers!
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It should reduce the damage you take by 30% of the base crit multiplier (usually 150%, though local mods etc can modify it). Thus you would take 105% from a normal crit without any increased mods. With say 100% increased, you'd take 255%. With a 160% base crit damage you'd take 112% (and 272%) instead.

I'm not certain and it might work a different way but this seems the most likely based on the wording.

Regardless, take those passives as they'll greatly help with crits.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 4, 2013, 5:48:45 PM
yes i think it works so too but im not sure

its more effective against enemies with low extra critmultiplier then, would be nice to know what the base multiplier of monsters is, and if they can have extra multipliers too like players do
It's a percentage reduction applied to the part of the enemy's critical strike multiplier that is above 100%.

So if the enemy has a critical strike multiplier of 150%, and you have 10% reduciton from this stat, it takes the 'extra' value of 50%, and reduces it by 10%, to 45%, giving an effective crit damage multiplier of 145%.

The amount of damage above a regular hit that the crit would cause, is reduced by 10%.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 5, 2013, 12:45:02 AM
thx for the answer mark

so it works good against enemys with high critmultiplier and not so good against enemies with low multiplier. Would be nice to know how high the critmultiplier of monsters is because if its only 150% the reduction is a bit low, maybe not worth the points.
At 150% multiplier, you are effectively reducing the overall damage by 10% if you take both nodes. You are right that that's not really all that impressive, but it's not all that bad either. Some rare mobs increase the crit chance and damage of allies, so it'll definitely help a lot against them. Plus, reducing the amount of damage you receive from crits also reduces the duration of status alignments incurred. So keep that in mind too.

Krip had mentioned on one of his videos that he noticed this skill node was working against reflect or at least he believed it was. If that is true, then this could be extremely valuable for high crit builds as it greatly reduces the amount of reflect you receive.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It's a percentage reduction applied to the part of the enemy's critical strike multiplier that is above 100%.

So if the enemy has a critical strike multiplier of 150%, and you have 10% reduciton from this stat, it takes the 'extra' value of 50%, and reduces it by 10%, to 45%, giving an effective crit damage multiplier of 145%.

The amount of damage above a regular hit that the crit would cause, is reduced by 10%.

Oh, that's pretty strange.
Why isn't it just "When enemies crit, they do X% less damage"? Much easier for a player to understand from the passive tree.
Because stacking enough of that stat would cause a crit to do less damage than a regular hit, which we specifically wanted to avoid. Hence why it only reduces the 'extra' damage, so the crit can never be reduced to be less effective than a regular hit.
mark can you give out some informations about the critdmg of monsters plz? would be nice to know
can i know how much base critical multiplier we have without any additional gear or passive nodes. I'm confused, my friend has 350. but 60 from gear, 20 from tree. yet he totals 350. the numbers are skewed but thats roughly what he told me...
Onslaught ign: chenplayingforstars
Default League ign: imQTchen
-------------------------------------
If I won an auction and/or you have questions for me please
contact me through the ign above (whisp/add friend) or send pm via forum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info