Ultimatum Statistics

I completed almost all Ultimatums in my maps (skipping stone circles pog), and with 20 days of playtime i dont feel trialmaster's encounter is so rare. Idk how many time i faced him, maybe 20 or 30 times?
I'm always pushing to the next wave and i got a build who can basically crush them all the time.

If many people feels that he's not spawning enougth maybe he's generation could be a bit "smarter"? Something like increasing spawnchance for guys who are pushing most of the time but fails a lot, as a reward for been courageous?

The problem is that monster generation of Ultimatum waves is definetly NOT negligeable for exploit purpose, as they feed delirium & gives their loot even if you fail the trial, so it's hard to balance...

I've always thought that encounters like Alva, Rituals or Ultimatum should not give any reward if you fail them, making them more tense and less braindead regarding huge map farming (nemesis, delirium and all bs). It could allow some smarter RNG mecanics but i understand its even less noobfriendly, hard choice.

Anyway peoples are always complaigning about league mecanics when it dont fit with the build they wanna play, but w/e.
Every league mecanics has good builds capables to crush it, and almost every builds can be tweaked to deal with any league mecanic, it just looks like some peoples dont wanna understand the RPG component of the game.
There's almost 0 build who have no defaults, because PoE is a great RPG, if you wanna farm a league mecanic, maybe make a build around it or adapt yours?
Just going blind on a YT tutorial will never make your rich or strong in any game nor in life btw. If you enjoy skipping a whole core mecanic of a game, it's ok, but dont complain about the consequences.

And the most important thing : you have the right to not like a game mecanic.
Dodge it if you can, avoid it if you dont, play an other game if you dont have fun playing a league. But don't be salty and don't cry/insult about it ffs. I just skipped whole Heits league cuz i dont like it, but i never cried or said "its BAD QQ you are BAD at gamedesign QQ" cuz i know girls&guys worked hard for Heist and should be proud of their work.
GGG showed that they know how to build stimulant action-RPG mecanics, no one can deny it. Not liking a game mecanic is MY problem, not theirs.

PS : am i mad or trialmaster spawn is a bit obvious? When you got some loots like 4 exalt shard or ancient orb or a winged scarab at middle waves idk how but i know he's here at wave 6, 7 or 8 most of the time when he's spawning :°
Imagine thinking that they will do something with the trialmaster in general at this point.

They are working on 3.15 league already. I don't even know how they keep nerfing shit and going back mid league (hateforge) and there's some people still asking for the loot to be the way it was before the exploit fest.

People need to concede and take this as a lesson if they spend money because they fall for the hype train.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
I would have expected you to come to your senses at this point regarding the rarity of the trialmaster but guess not. Why should I spend my time spamming 100+ maps only to get an attempt at the challenges associated with him?

It's been an issue in the past as well were you use excessive RNG for a challenge, why do you never learn it's hated with a passion?
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Amadeuce wrote:
Do these numbers reflect how few players are actually doing ultimatums vs how many players skip them? Maybe that would give you some insightful statistics as well. :-/

Might want to re-read the post. They stated that the reason for 1/140 is because players have the trialmaster in their Ulti, but they either don't finish it(dying or leaving early to keep rewards) or skip the ultimatum entirely.

I do think an easy fix would just be to have some sort of market that says "Total rounds in this ultimatum". So, you know that if it says 10, there's a high chance you're fighting the TM.
4 Characters in lvl 92, 93, 93 and nearly 97. Seen Trialmaster once, where the game bugged out and froze...

Running more than 98% percent of my ultimatums, so what is this 1 in every 140 maps scenario thats being spoken about?

Have tons of people on my friendlist, that ALWAYS, go for 40/40 each league, myself included ever since talisman and perandus league, thats talking about "Welp, guess it can only be 36/40 this league" since the shit is that rare.

Not even taking into account what youre talking about learning the fight, and even learning what the conditionals even entails.

How are you able to learn a fight and learn the mechanics, if you never even get the fights?

The Maven one last league was also super annoying, but possible because you have chances to try out the fight and learn it, to not talk about it being able to be carried if you paid for it, or didnt have the time to play that much yourself.

As it stands now the Conditionals challenge is a joke, if it doesnt get changed.

Pretty sure Jerle said it on the reddit page, better than me, but this is just my 2cents.

- Bullsat
Interesting how many players don't know that u need to WIN (and keep winning) in area lvl 78+ to have a chance of encountering Trialmaster.

The first time u take the reward, and not complete the final wave, you break your win streak. You decide to go for an inscribed ultimatum, and u fail there...
Guess what, win streak resets again.
I haven't played this league but can someone explain:

Overall completion rates were around 95% across the board (except trialmaster) AND YET completion rates for the 4 types of ultimatums never rose above mid 80s...how does that math work out?
"
Kulthanel wrote:

They are working on 3.15 league already.

Are you really thinking that a game dev company is working step by step like this? They are working on 5 different league mecanics at the same time, testing them and deleting/merging some, making arts, sound design, dialogs, engine dev, etc etc etc.

It is game development, not walking on a street.
"
ViCoach wrote:
"
Kulthanel wrote:

They are working on 3.15 league already.

Are you really thinking that a game dev company is working step by step like this? They are working on 5 different league mecanics at the same time, testing them and deleting/merging some, making arts, sound design, dialogs, engine dev, etc etc etc.

It is game development, not walking on a street.

Stopped readin after "testing" specially after how 3.14 in general turned out to be.

They havent tested anything and if they did it wasnt enough. They nerfed league drops then items mid league because it's "too good" or "not intented".

They havent done anything regarding the trialmaster in general despite people having a huge negative feedback regarding how RNG is. They ignored it the first month and after this post people should really give up and call it for this league or keep playing the choice is theirs.

I see you enjoy the league good for you, but the outrage about 3.14 in general are 300% legit. And yes they are working on the next league already aside that poe 4.0 is setup for next year already.

This is yet another Cortex situation. If you know what I mean you will understand.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
"
As you can see, 64.39% of all generated Trialmaster encounters were never even started. What this means is that players either failed an encounter prior to wave 10, took their rewards prior to wave 10 or didn't start the Ultimatum encounter altogether. When we look at the best case scenario where the Trialmaster spawns 1 time in 50 maps and then factor in the realised encounter rate (35.61%), we see that the average player in level 78 or higher maps is actually fighting the Trialmaster 1 time in 140 maps. Some players have said that they feel the Trialmaster is too rare. Our investigation while generating these stats showed that those players are often not playing through to wave 10, failing encounters, or not even starting the encounter to begin with.

Thinking like that is not right
You can crash during Ult, You can have crazy FPS spikes, you can have a Rare party with extra dmg auras with extra projectiles which can shotgun you, you can have ruin mods 1-3 active, add rare party with dangerous mods like escalating dmg and you almost always will die, dont forget about map mods, you know, liek crits, projectiles, 1-2 extra dmg.
Where is statistics how much people crashed during Ultimatum? How much of them had lag\fps spikes because of yours endless Rare spawning? How much of them died because of invisible skills? How much people just skipped it because they hate your league and dont think that worth time?

I made few blocker during league, they had huge sustain and huge ehp and not matter how good at dodge shit you are you will die sometimes because of rares.
Before Yellow Maps it was intense and interesting fights, but after that its like you dont play in your game. It's too much. Too much rares, too much skills, too much effects (red on red) its not right.
And boss rate 1 in 140 IF you lucky is not right, its tooo much. 1 in 50 can be tolerated, but not that.
Do you even understand how much time you spend on maps when you completing all ultimatums?
Do you understand that its super deadly and if you want to actually be higher 90 lvl you better to not run it.
That Ultimatum costs in time like whole map or even more?
Mb you have metrics, but you dont playing the game.

I played Abyss and didt meet the Lich with a sword even once, meeting boss each 140 maps if you lucky and each 500 maps if you unlucky?
Mb you will finally understand that meeting boss shoulndnt be lucky shit?
Last edited by Alackyr on May 26, 2021, 9:35:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info