Out of memory crashes even though enough free VRAM is available

"
aecro wrote:
Since the 3.14.1d patch last week I'm experiencing crashes in a regular interval. I've been looking at the VRAM utilization in the Task Manager and saw crashes at 7.4/16GB and 7.8/16GB used.
Unfortunately, the client.txt doesn't show any more information, but looking at the .dmp files created I found the following error:
[VULKAN] vk::TooManyObjectsError::TooManyObjectsError: vk::Device::allocateMemoryUnique

Specs:
Windows 10 21H1
Radeon Software Version 21.5.2

Ryzen 9 5900X
Radeon RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM
NVMe SSD

I haven't tried setting textures to medium yet. While that workaround might prevent crashes, I shouldn't see crashes in the first place since only half of the VRAM is utilized.

Let me know if I should upload the dump files somewhere.

Hey there,

Thank you for the report. We have a fix coming for this in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
"
aecro wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

yes so you either wait for the fix (and continue crashing) or change to DirectX until the fix is released. Sadly it's not shown in the coming patch release notes (preview)....

So in the meantime I switched to Textures on Medium as recommended and that fixed the crashing so far.
I'm just wondering if the fix @Henry_GGG mentioned is the "common client crash" referred to in the patch notes preview.

It is, yes. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info