Out of memory crashes even though enough free VRAM is available

Since the 3.14.1d patch last week I'm experiencing crashes in a regular interval. I've been looking at the VRAM utilization in the Task Manager and saw crashes at 7.4/16GB and 7.8/16GB used.
Unfortunately, the client.txt doesn't show any more information, but looking at the .dmp files created I found the following error:
[VULKAN] vk::TooManyObjectsError::TooManyObjectsError: vk::Device::allocateMemoryUnique

Specs:
Windows 10 21H1
Radeon Software Version 21.5.2

Ryzen 9 5900X
Radeon RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM
NVMe SSD

I haven't tried setting textures to medium yet. While that workaround might prevent crashes, I shouldn't see crashes in the first place since only half of the VRAM is utilized.

Let me know if I should upload the dump files somewhere.
Last bumped on May 28, 2021, 8:07:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
aecro wrote:
Since the 3.14.1d patch last week I'm experiencing crashes in a regular interval. I've been looking at the VRAM utilization in the Task Manager and saw crashes at 7.4/16GB and 7.8/16GB used.
Unfortunately, the client.txt doesn't show any more information, but looking at the .dmp files created I found the following error:
[VULKAN] vk::TooManyObjectsError::TooManyObjectsError: vk::Device::allocateMemoryUnique

Specs:
Windows 10 21H1
Radeon Software Version 21.5.2

Ryzen 9 5900X
Radeon RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM
NVMe SSD

I haven't tried setting textures to medium yet. While that workaround might prevent crashes, I shouldn't see crashes in the first place since only half of the VRAM is utilized.

Let me know if I should upload the dump files somewhere.

Hey there,

Thank you for the report. We have a fix coming for this in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I am having the same issue since the 3.14.1d patch

Hardware:
Ryzen 3700X
Radeon RX 6800XT
16 GB RAM
NVMe SSD.
"
mvdv25 wrote:
I am having the same issue since the 3.14.1d patch

Hardware:
Ryzen 3700X
Radeon RX 6800XT
16 GB RAM
NVMe SSD.

yes so you either wait for the fix (and continue crashing) or change to DirectX until the fix is released. Sadly it's not shown in the coming patch release notes (preview)....
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

yes so you either wait for the fix (and continue crashing) or change to DirectX until the fix is released. Sadly it's not shown in the coming patch release notes (preview)....

So in the meantime I switched to Textures on Medium as recommended and that fixed the crashing so far.
I'm just wondering if the fix @Henry_GGG mentioned is the "common client crash" referred to in the patch notes preview.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

Unfortunate DirectX runs so badly that i rather play with crashes.
DirectX stutters with every pack i encounter with FPS drops to around 1-10 on every setting. While Vulkan maintains 60+ FPS all the time.

"
aecro wrote:

So in the meantime I switched to Textures on Medium as recommended and that fixed the crashing so far.
I'm just wondering if the fix @Henry_GGG mentioned is the "common client crash" referred to in the patch notes preview.

Well can always try lowering the textures back to medium. I was playing with low settings anyway since loading in a map/instance or trading was horrible on high settings. sometimes while playing with friends they could clear half a map before i was ready loading. That part was fixed with the 3.14.1d patch.

Lets hope the fix will be included in the upcoming update.
Since i wasted a lot of portals with the crashes.
"
aecro wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

It is, yes. :)
I can confirm that I'm no longer crashing with textures on high. However, compared to the RTX 3060 Ti I had before, I do have a lot of issues with very slow loading textures. This isn't as much of an issue anymore since the textures don't get unloaded all the time, but it's still somewhat annoying. I hope this gets addressed before the PoE 2 release, which will probably feature even more high res textures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info