New Microtransaction: Cursor Pack and Void Staff Skin

"
Nav_GGG wrote:
"
Aughyssul wrote:
This better not break yolomouse

Edit: It broke yolomouse

Hi, could you please try disabling the "Enable Hover Cursor" setting in the UI options and see if that fixes the problem?
'

I guess this should answer peoples fears about whether they would ban people using yolo mouse atm to sell their cursors? Since they tried to help someone fix their yolo mouse I'm going to say its a hard noo.. I never even knew what yolo mouse was until cursors came out and people started complaining, and their is times during fights the normal cursor became lost because it can blend into some zones. So it probably would have been useful but now we have a huge ugly black cursor that theirs no way i can miss. ;p
Cursor should be the same as how the PoE logo has stayed the same.

If people are having issues seeing it, they can use a tool to change it. As the cursor isn't part of PoE itself, it's part of the OS.

Terrible decision, just like the texture streaming one.

[Removed by Support]

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on May 13, 2021, 2:42:34 PM
Just to add, having different cursors is a detriment to muscle memory and mouse to eye >coordination. Which is bad for an aRPG where mouse clicks are essential.

If a player uses a new cursor, they have to re-learn the shape and point of it ("getting used to where it clicks"). Which is different for every cursor MTX.

If the game has a cursor that's used for almost a decade, most players are used to it and don't have to re-train their muscle memory. All this does it add unnecessary strain to players in exchange for an illusion of aesthetics and $.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on May 13, 2021, 2:46:55 PM
suggestion :

instead of :

have this :

they are too wide.

And 2n suggestion :
Instead of create multiple cursor with just a color change :
have 1 mtx slot to chose the cursor, and a 2nd to chose the color effect.
Last edited by GKPlight on May 13, 2021, 2:49:55 PM
"
hushhushgush wrote:
I dont understand all of the hate for this. If you don't like it don't buy it. Its simple. They fund the game through optional cosmetic items.

A game's cursor is a fundamental and defining trait for a game/software application. Think of a favicon for a website.

This is the same logic as releasing a "PoE logo MTX pack".

Last edited by girng on May 13, 2021, 2:57:42 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
What are you all bitching about? If you don´t like them, don´t buy them. Where is the problem? :D

I got another post censored for calling the other guy an enabler, but if you can't tell the difference between something purely cosmetic and this, well, I guess it's easy to understand why you can't see the problem.
"
GKPlight wrote:
suggestion :
have this :

Looks fine eh!
Last edited by mrlagco on May 13, 2021, 8:24:15 PM
"
Aughyssul wrote:
This better not break yolomouse

Edit: It broke yolomouse

Edit 2: Disable "Hover Cursor" under UI settings to fix yolomouse. Thanks Nav_GGG!

Thank you, sir!
cool BUT where trialmaster? why u made challenge where summoners cant complete??? WTF GGG?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Where is free high contrast cursor? I was going to try it and cannot find it. I don't have it in my MTS stash, also didn't find it in UI options. Where should I look for?

Nevermind. Found it.
Last edited by Natthy on May 14, 2021, 1:02:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info