Black Screen on Startup

"
Henry_GGG wrote:
The specific problem with launching the game on Windows 7/8(in some cases Win10) has been fixed. There is a new problem with characters client crashing when using the High Contrast cursor.
We're working on a fix.

Black Screen on startup.

Can hear the "intro videos" in the background, but they lag and stutter.

After alt-tabbing, the main music can be heard, but there is no elements on screen.

Mouse cursor is visible, but lags and stutters as if playing on integrated graphics card.

Game worked as per usual, just a minute ago on the old version, 3.something.something.b
Last edited by Henry_GGG on May 12, 2021, 12:19:22 AM
Last bumped on May 12, 2021, 3:53:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I am also getting the black screen, but have noticed that I don't get it if my cursor is on my 2nd monitor. If I hover it over the 1st monitor, where PoE is, all graphics stop updating. I am unable to press any buttons except for Exit. I can't play at all. This just started with patch 3.14.1c. I'm using the standalone client and DirectX 11.

edit: the game will accept keyboard inputs; I am able to hit "o" to open the options screen (though I have to move the cursor onto my 2nd monitor to actually see it appear), or ESC to exit the game. The mouse though won't do anything except move around.
Last edited by robodrew on May 11, 2021, 8:29:06 PM
+1

edit: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
Last edited by golliath2 on May 11, 2021, 8:38:11 PM
"
robodrew wrote:
I am also getting the black screen, but have noticed that I don't get it if my cursor is on my 2nd monitor. If I hover it over the 1st monitor, where PoE is, all graphics stop updating. I am unable to press any buttons except for Exit. I can't play at all. This just started with patch 3.14.1c.

For me I can see my game in OBS, but the screen is frozen.

If I Alt+Enter to minimize I can see the main menu, until I first click on it, it goes black again after. And as you stated, no interfact buttons work, cant click, have to ALT+F4
+1
client freezes when its window is active, can't login or do any other actions.

you can switch between game client and other app or windows folder, with this trick i managed to login.
while game client is in the background - its alive, i can see rendering/character & npc animations, as soon as it becomes active window - it freezes again.
Last edited by brzroman on May 11, 2021, 8:32:56 PM
Can't Login , Steam Client.
+1
Help +1.. worst patch yet!!!
Hey all, we're looking into the problem.

Please let us know what operating system you're using.

Sorry for the trouble!
I have two systems. Only the system on Windows 7 is experiencing this issue.

System 1: W10 Pro + Standalone Client
System 2: W7 Pro + Standalone Client

I also tried re-downloading the GGPK on the w7 updating from the original ULTIMATUM torrent GGPK and that didn't help.
Last edited by shodokanagain on May 11, 2021, 8:34:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info