[3.18] Reap Trapper & Exsanguinate Trapper / All Mods / All Maps / Good Clear Speed // DISCONTINUED

"
De_CODEBLACK wrote:
I am streaming this build on Twitch. Come look around.

This page will no longer be updated! For updates and comments on this build, please visit this page: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3271585

I got inspired by a similar build that was using Reap and mines. Since I don't like mines, I made my own Trapper using Reap.
This is my first guide and build that I wrote. Please be forgiving and help me to improve the build. I play POE since 3.8 and this is my first Trapper ever.

Pro's & Con's

+ Good clearing speed
+ Good boss killer
+ Can easy run all maps and mods
+ Can do all content

+- One button build
+- Kills Enemies faster than your Party Members do

- Only 3.5k - 4k Life
- I don't think it will survive long on HC but it's not tested

GEAR
Weapons choice
We are going to use the Cold Iron Point Ezomyte Dagger 2x as they together will give our Physical Spell Skill Gems +6 Level.
Getting the daggers with #% increased Spell Damage corruption will give you more damage.

Armours choice
For the maximal damage take Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe corrupted with +2 to Level of Socketed Trap or Mine Gems.

For more survivability but less damage take Tinkerskin Sadist Garb.

You can use a Rare Body Armour with +max Life and Resistance, but will lose a lot of damage.

Helmet choice
Playing with Scold's Bridle Mind Cage will increase your Damage and will be even better with +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems corruption and Reap deals 40% increased Damage enchant.

The best choice is Alpha's Howl Sinner Tricorne with +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems corruption and Reap deals 40% increased Damage enchant.

Boots choice
I can't recommend any Unique Boots for this build.
Get some Rare Evasion-based Boot with Life, Resistance and Movement Speed.
Enchant them with 120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently.

Gloves choice
To deal the most Damage use the Shadows and Dust Clasped Mitts with Curse Enemies with Vulnerability on Hit, with #% increased Effect corruption.

For more survivability take the Malachai's Mark Murder Mitts with Curse Enemies with Vulnerability on Hit, with #% increased Effect corruption.

Ring choice
Using Mark of the Shaper Opal Ring will give you increased Spell Damage if the other Ring is an Elder Ring. Corrupting the Ring with #%increased Global Physical Damage will boost your damage again.
Two Rare Rings with Life and Resistance should work as well.

Belt choice
I recommend using a Rare Belt with Life and Resistances.

You can also use Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt it provides you with increased Global Physical Damage, +(30-35)% to all Elemental Resistances, +(25-35) to Strength and with 0.6% of Physical Damage Leeched as Life.
Unfortunately, the Leech effect does not work with our Traps.

Amulet choice
You get more damage if you use a Rare Amulet with +1 to Level of all Physical Spell Gems, +1 to Level of all Strength Skill Gems and/or +1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems.
Flasks

We use a Life Flask to refill our Life pool. The Rotgut Quicksilver Flask gives us great Movement Speed. Our Quartz Flask will provide us with Phasing and 10% chance to dodge Attack and Spell hits. The Diamond Flask boosts our damage by giving us Lucky Critical Strike Chance. To evade more hits we trigger our Jade Flask.

When using Tinkerskin Sadist Garb we get Phasing, you can change the Quartz Flask against a Stibnite Flask or Sulphur Flask.

ALL ITEMS CAN BE FOUND IN THE ITEMS SECTION INSIDE OF POB

GEM LINKS
Reap + Trap Support + Cluster Traps + Trap Damage + Brutality + Charged Traps
Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Efficacy Support + Lifetap Support
Whirling Blades + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Maim Support
Skitterbots + Herald of Purity + Vitality + Pride
Stone Golem + Maim Support + Increased Area of Effect Support
Flame Dash + Faster Casting + (Portal)
JEWELS
For the Jewels we are going to use two Medium Cluster Jewels. The Base for each Cluster Jewel is:
Adds 4 Passive Skills
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Trap Damage
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Mine Damage

Our notable passive skills are:
Set and Forget
25% increased Trap Damage
40% increased Trap Trigger Area of Effect
12% increased Area of Effect
25% reduced Trap Duration
Guerilla Tactics
20% increased Trap Damage
20% increased Mine Damage
10% increased Trap Throwing Speed
10% increased Mine Throwing Speed
5% increased Movement Speed if you've thrown a Trap or Mine Recently
Careful Handling
15% increased Trap Damage
15% increased Mine Damage
4% increased maximum Life
6% increased maximum Mana
Arcane Pyrotechnics
20% increased Trap Damage
20% increased Mine Damage
Gain Arcane Surge when your Trap is Triggered by an Enemy
Gain Arcane Surge when your Mine is Detonated targeting an Enemy
You can also try to get Life or Strength and Life regeneration onto the Small Passive Skills.

In addition to the Cluster Jewels we have 3 Rare Jewels with increased Trap Throwing Speed, increased Trap Damage and Strength.

THE LABYRINTH
Trial of Ascendancy Location
The Labyrinth
The Lower Prison, Act 1, contains spike traps
The Crypt Level 1, Act 2, contains spinning blades
The Chamber of Sins Level 2, Act 2, contains sawblades
The Crematorium, Act 3, contains furnace traps
The Catacombs, Act 3, contains blade sentries
The Imperial Gardens, Act 3, contains dart traps
The Cruel Labyrinth
The Prison, Act 6, contains spike traps
The Crypt, Act 7, contains spinning blades
The Chamber of Sins Level 2, Act 7, contains sawblades
The Merciless Labyrinth
The Bath House, Act 8, contains furnace traps
The Tunnel, Act 9, contains blade sentries
The Ossuary,Act 10, contains dart trap^7
The Eternal Labyrint
Uber Lab no longer requires completion of the (Uber) Trials of Ascendancy. The trials are now served as a source of Offering to the Goddess.
You take the Saboteur as your Ascendancy class.

Your first notable passive skill should be:
Pyromaniac
Immune to Ignite and Shock
Regenerate 2% of Life per second for each Mine Detonated Recently, up to 10% per second
Regenerate 2% of Life per Second for each Trap Triggered Recently, up to 10% per second
You have the choice to go offensive with your second skill or you can go defensive in which case you have to skill Born in the Shadows first.
Offensive choice:
Perfect Crime
You gain 10% increased Damage for each Trap
25% Chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time
25% reduced Cost of Skills that throw Traps
Chain Reaction
50% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate for throwing Traps
Skills used by Traps have 50% increased Area of Effect
When your Traps Trigger, your nearby Traps also Trigger
Defensive choice:
Born in the Shadows
Cannot be Blinded
10% reduced Damage taken from Blinded Enemies
Nearby Enemies are Blinded
Blind Enemies on Hit
LEVELING
ACT 1
For leveling try to link Explosive Trap with Swift Assembly Support and Combustion Support as soon as possible.

Get Trap Support and level it in an empty Socket for later use.
If you can get your hands on an Anomalous Trap Support take it instead of the normal version.

Get Steelskin and level it till level 13 then stop, trigger it with the left mouse button.

Get Vitality and use it if you have the mana available.

We will use Whirling Blades later to clear maps faster and Flame Dash to get across cliffs or different hights. Get both and start leveling them.

You can also use Bear Trap to lock Enemies in place, but its not needed for the build.
ACT 2
Get Trap and Mine Damage Support and try to link it with Explosive Trap + Swift Assembly Support + Combustion Support as soon as possible.

Take Summon Skitterbots and activate it.

Take Faster Attacks Support and link it with Whirling Blades and take Faster Casting Support and link it with Flame Dash.

Help Alira
5 Mana Regenerated per second
+20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+15% to all Elemental Resistances
ACT 3
Buy Reap and Pride from Clarissa. You can level Reap but don’t use it till your first Lab or you have a Stone Golem. You will have not enough Life regeneration to sustain it efficiently.

Go to Siosa and take Charged Traps Support as quest reward and buy from him: Herald of Purity, Increased Duration Support, Lifetap Support, Efficacy Support, 2x Maim Support and Fortify Support.
It will cost you 1 Orb of Alteration, 2 Orb of Chance and 4 Orb of Transmutation.

Link Frotify Support and Maim Support with Faster Attacks Support and Whirling Blades.
Link Increased Duration Support with Steelskin and Efficacy Support.
Lifetap Support should not be leveled, it should remain at level 1.
ACT 4
Take Summon Stone Golem and Cluster Traps Support as quest reward and buy Increased Area of Effect Support.

Now you should try to link your gems like this:
Linking priority is from left to right.

Reap + [Anomalous]Trap Support + Cluster Traps Support + Trap and Mine Damage Support + Charged Traps Support
Steelskin[Lvl 13] + Increased Duration Support + Efficacy Support
Summon Stone Golem + Increased Area of Effect Support + Maim Support
Whirling Blades + Fortify Support + Faster Attacks Support + Maim Support
Flame Dash + Faster Casting Support

These gems can be linked but dont need to:
Summon Skitterbots, Herald of Purity, Pride, Vitality

You don't need Explosive Trap, Swift Assembly Support and Combustion Support anymore.

Congratulations! You are playing Reap as a Trap now.

Run the Sone Golem to get more life regeneration, you will need it since Reap cost you Life instead of Mana.

You should have done the first Lab by now.
ACT 5
Act 5 has nothing to offer to us.
Make sure you have good Resistance after you kill Kitava.
ACT 6
Get Immortal Call and trigger it with the left mouse button.
Get Brutality Support.

Your setup should look like this:
Linking priority is from left to right.

Reap + [Anomalous]Trap Support + Cluster Traps Support + Trap and Mine Damage Support + Brutality Support + Charged Traps Support
Immortal Call + Increased Duration Support + Efficacy Support + Lifetap Suppotr[Lvl 1]
Summon Stone Golem + Increased Area of Effect Support + Maim Support
Whirling Blades + Fortify Support + Faster Attacks Support + Maim Support
Flame Dash + Faster Casting Support

These gems can be linked but dont need to:
Summon Skitterbots, Herald of Purity, Pride, Vitality

You now got all Skill gems we are going to use.

If you can afford to buy Awakened Brutality Support switch it against its normal version.
THE PANTHEON
My recommendation for the Major Pantheon is
Soul of Lunaris
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%

Capture Tunneltrap in Mud Geyser Map
10% chance to avoid Projectiles

Capture Herald of Thunder in Arcade Map
6% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you have been Hit Recently

Capture The Sanguine Siren in Crimson Temple Map
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained
For the Minor Pantheon I chose
Soul of Gruthkul
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each Hit you've taken Recently up to a maximum of 5%

Capture Erebix, Light's Bane in Cemetery Map
Enemies that have Hit you with an Attack Recently have 8% reduced Attack Speed
Other good Minor Pantheons
Soul of Tukohama
While stationary, gain 3% additional Physical Damage Reduction every second, up to a maximum of 9%

Capture Tahsin, Warmaker in Siege Map
Regenerate 2% of Life per second while stationary
Soul of Shakari
50% less Duration of Poisons on You
You cannot be Poisoned while there are at least 3 Poisons on you

Capture The Restless Shade in Grave Trough Map
5% reduced Chaos Damage taken
25% reduced Chaos Damage over Time taken while on Caustic Ground
Soul of Ralakesh
25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving
Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage

Capture Drek, Apex Hunter in Fields Map
Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you if you have at least 5 Corrupted Blood Debuffs on you
ANOINTMENTS
The Amulet should be anointed with
Cannibalistic Rite
30% increased Damage with Skills that Cost Life
Recover 2% of Life on Kill if you've Spent Life Recently
10% reduced Life Cost of Skills
This Anointment cost you 1 Teal Oil and 2 Azure Oil.

I Anoint both of my Rings with 1 Teal Oil and 1 Violet Oil, granting you:
Your Scout Towers have 25% increased Range
DEAL WITH THE BANDITS
Help Alira
5 Mana Regenerated per second
+20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+15% to all Elemental Resistances
POB
EXSANGUINATE TRAPPER
You can simply swap between Exsanguinate and Reap, the Support Gems all stay the same.
Use a helmet with an Exsanguinate enchantment.

Exsanguinate's initial damage is higher, but Reap has more damage over time. I think that Reap has more Area of ​​Effect than Exsanguinate and also does more damage to individual targets and in general.
Just try it out and decide for yourself what is more fun for you.
GEM LINKS
Exsanguinate + Trap Support + Cluster Traps + Trap Damage + Brutality + Charged Traps
Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Efficacy Support + Lifetap Support
Whirling Blades + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Maim Support
Skitterbots + Herald of Purity + Vitality + Pride
Stone Golem + Maim Support + Increased Area of Effect Support
Flame Dash + Faster Casting + (Portal)
Q&A
Why is this page no longer updated?
This page has been archived due to inactivity. Since this guide will be updated again, I have made a new page where comments can be made again. You can find it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3271585
Can you do all reflect maps with this Build?
Yes you can.
The damage done by Reap is reflected in your traps, not you. Flame Dash causes no damage ether due to your Cold Iron Point Ezomyte Dagger that doesnt alow you to inflict elemental damage. The only damage you deal is with Whirling Blades, but the amount is so small that you will not be seriously injured.
How about no regen maps?
I did some no regen t16 maps with out any problem, but at some point the movement skill doesn’t work anymore because we don’t have a mana flask.
How is it on Ultimatums?
You can chose all effects, you fell comfortable with. I wouldn't recomend Ulitamtum if you haven't the space to move around to avoid hits.
And I wouldn't make Ultimatum on high tier maps without curse gloves, they help you a lot.
Don't forget to check out my stream on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/tweednex

I hope you will have fun with my build and if you try out this build let me know in the comments how it played for you.
I wish you good Loot and Luck!
Last edited by De_CODEBLACK on May 20, 2022, 8:30:55 PM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2021, 11:35:38 AM
sick!
how is it on ultimatums?
"
Kills Enemies faster than your teammates do

What teammates?
"
Angelorush wrote:
how is it on ultimatums?
Depends on the space you have to work on and your gear. You will have to move a lot.
I wouldn't make ultimatum on high tier maps without curse gloves. That's why I skip that in the videos with the old / rare gear.
Last edited by De_CODEBLACK on May 15, 2021, 10:29:05 PM
"
For the maximal damage take Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe corrupted with +2 to Level of Socketed Trap or Mine Gems.

What about Tinkerskin?
"
"

What about Tinkerskin?
The Armour actually sounds amazing, more likely to be used as a defensive choice but still good. I will try to get it today and try it out. After that i do an update about the chest and for reap as the main skill.

Thank you for the idea.
"
The Armour actually sounds amazing, more likely to be used as a defensive choice but still good. I will try to get it today and try it out. After that i do an update about the chest and for reap as the main skill.

I think you can even get a +1 to all gems +2 to trap gems double corrupted Tinkerskin if you want to minmax it.
Last edited by AltairWasATemplar on May 23, 2021, 10:08:25 AM
"
"

I think you can even get a +1 to all gems +2 to trap gems double corrupted Tinkerskin if you want to minmax it.

Yes I bet you can. I didn't found one on the market yet. But at least one or two with +1 Level of Socketed Gems.
I added some up to date Videos from my Streams.
And I updated the build with the option to play with Exsanguinate instead of Reap and added another great Body Armour.(Tinkerskin)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info