UPDATED - CI Dual Wield Shadow Guide

"
Struyk wrote:

Belive me you can use this and it will work great...
What else do you want to see in a guide?
I won't update the route untill I actually tried him.

Well your burning arrow guide you actually had video and more personal experience. You tend to have a bit more insight into something if you have done it and find out what is a waste and what is worth it, as well as what areas are difficult and what is hard, what to watch out for etc.

With that said the nice thing about this game is you can make most any build work with gear etc, but you just might have more weaknesses, I still personally think it should be claw shadow template or claw shadow plan or something. Or else you should make a more generic guide on just how to play the game lol. I really am just being anal here about the term "guide" and I can't figure out why it bothers me so much.
Don't worry, im gonna try shadow, see what he excells at and then update guide :D
UPDATED, TOTALLY NEW WAY TO OP BUILD!
Love the concept of the build!

What level are you and how's it going? Where did you get a Whirling Blades skill? :-(
Chaos Inoculation = immunity to chaos damage, you should get blood rage since it will be practically free to use. :) Just stick it on your weapon or shield socket, you have plenty of room there, I see.

Also, whirling blades is kind of weak as an AoE, since it hardly hits anything for some reason. Why not swap mana leech for added cold damage? I just don't see it doing enough damage, otherwise. Or heck, maybe an increased AoE radius gem, if that works.

Finally, any reason to use dual wielding over 1h+shield? dex+int will naturally have less ES than a pure int class, so you may need that extra ES to survive Chaos. You can switch dual strike with double strike and still do tolerably decent damage.
Last edited by Silty on May 12, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
"
Silty wrote:
Chaos Inoculation = immunity to chaos damage, you should get blood rage since it will be practically free to use. :) Just stick it on your weapon or shield socket, you have plenty of room there, I see.

Also, whirling blades is kind of weak as an AoE, since it hardly hits anything for some reason. Why not swap mana leech for added cold damage? I just don't see it doing enough damage, otherwise. Or heck, maybe an increased AoE radius gem, if that works.

Finally, any reason to use dual wielding over 1h+shield? dex+int will naturally have less ES than a pure int class, so you may need that extra ES to survive Chaos. You can switch dual strike with double strike and still do tolerably decent damage.

Thanks for the tip on blood rage!
Whirling blades is bugged right now, i just use it to travel and break pots :)
Dual wielding doubles elemental damage on items.

I'm level 30 now with 520 dps, still oneshotting anything including rares ( without diamond flask! ) It's so broken right now... Just get alot of lightning damage on gear.

WILL UPDATE LEVELING BUILD SOON.
Last edited by Struyk on May 12, 2012, 12:33:31 PM
Struyk are you rush direct to Chaos Inoculation?
You will never get to any of that because it is so damn painful right now to level a dagger/claw melee Shadow because there is no AoE melee skill readily available that is actually functional.

Whirling Blades should be their FIRST skill, and Lightning strike should be a Dexterity skill, not a strength one, or there should be something similar for Dexterity. Cold Strike? Hunger Strike? Anger Strike? I don't care what you call it, but there is nothing in the AoE department for claw/dagger, which is something I hoped they had fixed. Apparently, you aren't supposed to use those weapons.
Trying this build now, up to level 20ish. The lack of AoE is definitely noticible I destroy single target no problem, and can one-shot most whites, 2 shot most blues, and 3 most rares.

But any time there's a swarm, I'm whirling blades back and forth and chugging mana potions like an addict.

Single target is amazing though. Merveil took about 5 hits to takes down on each health bar. Killed her slimey form before the adds even reached me
Updated again, enjoy

"
Kelthien wrote:
Trying this build now, up to level 20ish. The lack of AoE is definitely noticible I destroy single target no problem, and can one-shot most whites, 2 shot most blues, and 3 most rares.

But any time there's a swarm, I'm whirling blades back and forth and chugging mana potions like an addict.

Single target is amazing though. Merveil took about 5 hits to takes down on each health bar. Killed her slimey form before the adds even reached me

Will be easier when they fix Whirling Blades, only hits 3 targets max now.
Last edited by Struyk on May 12, 2012, 5:59:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info