[3.15] Poisonous Dancing Duo Occultist - Running in circles, now with explosions!

"
BwenR wrote:
This is a very unique and seemingly powerful build. I think the biggest con would be rampage generation. I have been running cyclone - poison - culling strike - fortify with herald of agony. It seems to make generating rampage 100x easier. The downside to this however is manually proccing effigy but it can be procced while cycloning i just have it bound to space bar. This kind of takes away from being a no button build but it seems to solve the pain that is rampage generation. I haven't PoB'd the herald of agony interaction but it seems to scale well with everything else in this build. Interested to hear your thoughts on this thanks

EDIT: Running resolute technique aswell is probably best option to reliably apply poisons


did i miss something?

you either way have to hard cast effigy even in the original build, no?

if not, how is it autocasted because i cant see it.
"
shroudb wrote:
"
BwenR wrote:
This is a very unique and seemingly powerful build. I think the biggest con would be rampage generation. I have been running cyclone - poison - culling strike - fortify with herald of agony. It seems to make generating rampage 100x easier. The downside to this however is manually proccing effigy but it can be procced while cycloning i just have it bound to space bar. This kind of takes away from being a no button build but it seems to solve the pain that is rampage generation. I haven't PoB'd the herald of agony interaction but it seems to scale well with everything else in this build. Interested to hear your thoughts on this thanks

EDIT: Running resolute technique aswell is probably best option to reliably apply poisons


did i miss something?

you either way have to hard cast effigy even in the original build, no?

if not, how is it autocasted because i cant see it.


you can put the effigy on leftclick and auto-summon it
is there a way to check your minions chance to hit?
"
DanthemanX222 wrote:
is there a way to check your minions chance to hit?


PoB trys to figure it, but it's not accurate. You can add a bunch of minion accuracy and it doesn't change. From what I've noticed, with the nodes we take and 1 or 2 flat accuracy jewels should be enough. I looked around some of the other DUO builds and they all recommend the same.
i'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to try to roll the exact colors on the weapon or go with what i've rolled so far, and (without awakened gems) PoB shows that Multistrike> Added chaos (more hits so more poison procs).

But it also shows that lesser poison is worse than either of the above... but i trust this option less.

Actually... Melee physical is (according to PoB) the worse link.
Last edited by shroudb on May 10, 2021, 3:14:31 PM
"
shroudb wrote:
i'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to try to roll the exact colors on the weapon or go with what i've rolled so far, and (without awakened gems) PoB shows that Multistrike> Added chaos (more hits so more poison procs).

But it also shows that lesser poison is worse than either of the above... but i trust this option less.

Actually... Melee physical is (according to PoB) the worse link.


Yeah, PoB struggles with the links, you need lesser poison and poison for the 100% chance to poison. Otherwise you'll only apply stacks 60% of the time.

I meant to try swapping in multistrike but haven't yet. Wanted to get some white sockets on my duo so I could mess around with them.

Builds like this make me want a training dummy so I could monitor actual in game dps with different gems.

Very fun build, thanks for that, level 74 atm.

Question, any reason you're not starting out on the right side of the starting point, picking up the minion damage nodes? We can skip Arcane Chemistry and use the 2 skill points there?

Any way to sustain harvests? Mobs don't seem to count toward rampage uptime so unable to kill any of them
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Very fun build, thanks for that, level 74 atm.

Question, any reason you're not starting out on the right side of the starting point, picking up the minion damage nodes? We can skip Arcane Chemistry and use the 2 skill points there?



For both thats why you need the flasks gained from arcane chemistry you can skip one on a cluster like i did and get something else instead of spiked concotion,but you can start the rampage with a bit of precise flask timing,but you need at least 3 flask gained mods on tree,and preferably high reduced charges used worm jars(i didnt think about it and bought cheap low ones but i can still do it).

About harvest,didnt notice it really,but i was usually just waiting out flasks to start the rampage anyway so just wait the flask and start ramapge beforehand start the node once you chose and sustain with worms if you have a bit of hard time what to choose.Its kinda meh now tho so mostly its easy to decide.
you can do the worm trick even with 16% reduced flasks, but it's very annoying to do so.

didn't realise how precise you would need to be when i first bought them, and so i sold them for 2 18% reduced down the line. With 2 18% you only need a short pause after the first 1-2-3 and then you can spam them, which is extremely more comfortable.
Last edited by shroudb on May 13, 2021, 5:54:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info