Critical strike chance lucky and unlucky at the same time

Basically what the header says, what happens if a crit is lucky and unlucky at the same time?
While when a crit is lucky u get a second roll for crit, if u dont crit, same goes for unlucky only the other way around.
So a lucky and unlucky roll, does it just cancel each other out, or do i get a lucky crit roll if i dont crit, and then then next roll for unlucky, bcs i crit?

Last bumped on May 5, 2021, 8:57:35 PM
You should either get the better of two unlucky rolls, or the worse of two lucky ones. Interesting question is which is better?

I was going to turn this into a lecture and then I thought... wait a minute... you're not paying me.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 4, 2021, 2:50:34 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You should either get the better of two unlucky rolls, or the worse of two lucky ones. Interesting question is which is better?

I was going to turn this into a lecture and then I thought... wait a minute... you're not paying me.

Need more brains, exile?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

i dont need a lecture about the math. i can do that myself, thank you very much.
The questions is from the theoretical side, what does happen exactly. is there a decisiontree or do unlucky and lucky cancel each other out and there are not second or even third rolls.
Last edited by dosenpfand1 on May 4, 2021, 6:04:37 PM
Could be completely wrong here, but I've been under the assumption that when there's two competing stats in PoE, the worse one wins. For example if you have 'your attacks always crit' and 'your attacks can never crit', you'll never crit.
The worse always wins in PoE, I don't know any exceptions to that rule.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Lucky and Unlucky cancel each other out.
Begs the question though... would twice lucky and once unlucky be lucky or cancelled out?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Begs the question though... would twice lucky and once unlucky be lucky or cancelled out?

Pretty sure it would just cancel each other out as well.

edit: I think so because twice lucky would not make it apply it twice. You can only get that 'mechanic' once.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on May 5, 2021, 7:17:34 PM
It's a question of associativity. There's no reason to believe one way or the other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info