Next Harbinger nerf

"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
POE is going back to his roots : a game for elites , not for casuals ... i see no problem with that.

No one's stopping you from being "old elite" again, now be quiet and go do your Dominus rotas in Act 3 with mf/culler.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Still sane, Exile?
[b][u]Exile[/u][/b]: Ye.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Hold my Flask.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This patch really seems to be retaliatory for what GGG sees as exploitive play. People running exclusively Harbinger maps for currency isn't really their idea of "proper" play.

So they make it so that players wont choose that over all else.

I'm with them on that. Decreasing the value of the method the community sees as best elevates the rest to being reasonable. What they have to stop doing is making things "best".

I've recommended this over and over for the last 10 years: Make stuff like this dynamic. They have data about what we're doing. If too many people are too focused on a single task, that task should decrease in value... automatically. If there's something that players aren't doing as much, it should increase. Instant balance... and self-controlling.

See this here is why this game is being run to the fcking ground.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This patch really seems to be retaliatory for what GGG sees as exploitive play. People running exclusively Harbinger maps for currency isn't really their idea of "proper" play.

So they make it so that players wont choose that over all else.

I'm with them on that. Decreasing the value of the method the community sees as best elevates the rest to being reasonable. What they have to stop doing is making things "best".

I've recommended this over and over for the last 10 years: Make stuff like this dynamic. They have data about what we're doing. If too many people are too focused on a single task, that task should decrease in value... automatically. If there's something that players aren't doing as much, it should increase. Instant balance... and self-controlling.

See this here is why this game is being run to the fcking ground.

+1

@Shagsbeard
Not a good way to do balance, note that many players doing the same map/task is not equal to the best. To some players, it can also mean that they liked the particular play and/or that play has the decent return (reward or plain enjoyment) of the invested time.

I understand what you want to achieve but it is simply not realistic and will only make most players lose interest in the game.

Set a baseline on what is the acceptable level of power/defense/loot/reward across all stuff in the game and have all developers mind that at all times when creating content.

That way, no one will be able to complain about buffs/nerfs as we have a clear understanding of what is the acceptable level of everything.
tl;dr; wtf mate

I think it is because you farm white maps I mean it's T1-T3. What you loose from not doing t14+ is insane, if honestly if you were doing that in 3.13 as well, I genuinely pity you. On top of that it has a high influence on what harbis drop themselves.

Valdo farming is still huge this patch if you do maven encounters as well, if the stones are expensive it means that you can also sell them as well, this is why that the price of whatchstones is highly deceptive, if you buy expensive stones for a zone then farm it asap you will recoup your cost passively. In my experience in 3.14, when just progressing the atlas, without laden nor auspicious I was making decent return for harbingers and the map device stuff definitely was paying for itself as well wich is a huge deal because maps sell pretty well and harbingers drop a significant amount of maps(+ the extra potential synergies with beyond / rares drop currency and probably other things).

In 3.13 I had a full Valdo set up and honestly, it had a satisfying ratio reaturn/clearspeed with a selfcurse setup but it was not the absolute best, just extremly confortable. In 3.14 with the lack of natural beyond source and the nerf to self curse, it is imho overall average. I don't know if properly heisting is not just better actually.
Last edited by galuf on May 23, 2021, 10:02:46 AM
"
galuf wrote:
(...) I genuinely pity you.

Aha... Hmm... Have you read all my post?

Let's start:
1. GGG shares information about update with harbi nerf, and relase date.
2. I update game client.
3. A few days after update I run like before low tier map (you can run T14) to check what drop, drop per hour, check improvement quality of the game client with add harbi king.
I knew what harbi have profit per hour befor update with harbi nerf.
4. I have conclusion. Harbi nerf its felt but not to the ground, profit per hour was visibly lower, but not hurt. Just right.
5. Enjoy more valdo maps with stable drop/profit (but know runing heist give me highest).
6. After some pool of maps (ofc introduced from several days update with harbi drop nerfed), harbi likly "stop dropping".
WHAT ITS THIS? Silent nerf long time after nerf update. Nerf after nerf... Its normal? If GGG is a serious company, befor relase update make beta test. If they run beta test, and introduced to core this means they are satisfied about harbi drop, and profit.
3G at war again
Last edited by Willm4ster on May 26, 2021, 9:54:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info