Next Harbinger nerf

Sorry for english I use translator.

Yesterday I decided to check how much GGG had nerfed Harbi drop rate.
I make 10-12 map T1-T3 + Rusted Scarab's (2 Harbi), witch wathstone's:
- 3x Harbingers in Areas have 10% chance to drop an additional Stack of Currency Shards (30% chance)
- Harbingers in Areas drop rarer value Currency Shards (I pay +/- 40ex long time ego)
and compare it with the previous nerfed loot. Exilence Next says I earn less in chaos orb's from same number maps I had make 20 days ego, but this diferent not that huge as i thought it would be...
I was glad GGG didn't nerf Harbi too the ground.
I farm Harbi than, make more map's and I satisfied from net worth (to max 1ex per hour), despite being smaller than befor update... By the time next quiet nerf, that I could feel on my own skin (no reset, no info, no update client).
I decided to will not give up... I thought, it could be random rng drop rate. I change mine watchstone's (spent hard collected EXALTS!) than with 2 new better T1 mods:
- Harbingers in Areas have 15% chance to drop an additional Stack of Currency Shards
- Harbingers in Areas have 14% chance to drop an additional Stack of Currency Shards;
and from now on I have (39% chance). But still no see loot like befor.

Today I decided to again check some maps (6x T3 + Rusted), and have hope GGG change back bad decision. Nothing of that...
Loot: 10 alch, 10 alt, 6 Chaos Orb, 6 orb of chance, 3 enginer, 2 binding, 2 horizons, 1 regal, 1 annulment... Specify other loot is waste of time. But net worth is (hold on): 27c! 27c from 6 map's! 20 days ego it was 100c+/-.

I suspect for now on we have better profit/hour (friend make 90c/h with identified items) from making chaos reciep... I am mentally exhausted for check it, but I glad if someone do it.
You can guess what GGG nerf in next time.
3G at war again
Last edited by Willm4ster on Apr 20, 2021, 3:53:15 PM
Last bumped on May 26, 2021, 9:48:17 PM
continued

@GGG you should change your policy <player = enemy, players should be hampered as much as possible, the player is to be dissatisfied, the player has to attack, but not deal damage, e.g. Sirus and eventually be killed, but if some player had dmg to monsters with some skill - skill will by still nerfed to make no dmg, player play necromancer and sumon golems - golems kill monsters - player "winning game" this must by ended - NERF, character class for daggers use bow and make 6x more dmg than bow class. Nerf class for make no OP dmg, and not by better than class was made for use bow's... NO! SKILL NERF! Range-bow class must hurt <facepalm>. the player have to cannot create good items because then other players will be able to craft it too (like eg 6x T1 mods item), remove it before all players will "win the game" (quote from memory, written by GGG employee), close eyes and pretend it doesn't exist a small number of players who made OP items befor nerf, we should pretend that we are not creating a disproportion, but a balance between players.> before you lose more players...
3G at war again
Last edited by Willm4ster on Apr 20, 2021, 3:44:52 PM
POE is going back to his roots : a game for elites , not for casuals ... i see no problem with that.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by xxxcobaltxxx on Apr 20, 2021, 3:43:15 PM
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
POE is going back to his roots : a game for elites , not for casuals ... i see no problem with that.

Now that's some low-tier bait.
This patch really seems to be retaliatory for what GGG sees as exploitive play. People running exclusively Harbinger maps for currency isn't really their idea of "proper" play.

So they make it so that players wont choose that over all else.

I'm with them on that. Decreasing the value of the method the community sees as best elevates the rest to being reasonable. What they have to stop doing is making things "best".

I've recommended this over and over for the last 10 years: Make stuff like this dynamic. They have data about what we're doing. If too many people are too focused on a single task, that task should decrease in value... automatically. If there's something that players aren't doing as much, it should increase. Instant balance... and self-controlling.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I've recommended this over and over for the last 10 years: Make stuff like this dynamic. They have data about what we're doing. If too many people are too focused on a single task, that task should decrease in value... automatically. If there's something that players aren't doing as much, it should increase. Instant balance... and self-controlling.

Like an automated system of sorts? Sounds like it'd be pretty easy to exploit. I'm against adjustments in-league unless something's outright busted.
Yeah they nerfed harbingers to the ground.

I started playing the game at the start of ritual, first 2 months I barely made 50c, then after watching a few ytb vids I found out about harbingers. It was a game changer for me. After getting the 3 Laden watchstones and Auspicious watchstone I was making around 2 to 3 ex an hour.

Did 20 maps in standard today just to see how much I'd make and made 1 ancient orb and 3c lol, wow! Before the nerfs I was getting around 5 to 8 ancients per 20 maps which took me about 35-40 minutes to do.

The only op thing about harbs before nerfs was mirror shards, I found 5 of them the first 2 weeks farming. I feel the only thing they needed to do was nerf that part of it but what do I know.

Not sure how I feel about the game now that they nerfed it to shits, it was my go to strat and I had fun doing it :(
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This patch really seems to be retaliatory for what GGG sees as exploitive play. People running exclusively Harbinger maps for currency isn't really their idea of "proper" play.

So they make it so that players wont choose that over all else.

I'm with them on that. Decreasing the value of the method the community sees as best elevates the rest to being reasonable. What they have to stop doing is making things "best".

Based on my experience (I know it is a small sample), they are doing this now - just not automated most likely. Tweaking numbers is easy and for most encounter areas this would get the same result.
Well same I did 12 maps super invest thought it was rng or bad luck, but they nerf it after the update yesterday I have drop only 3 shards per map, was at least 1 ex or 2 per map beside all the loot now it not cover the investment that I do, so rip they didn't say anything about it at least I sold my watchstone same price, Feel sorry to people that bought it,
Suckers.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info