Player with disability banned for using a flask macro

Imagine reading something longer than 2 lines of text.
"
semma_car19 wrote:
I just read on reddit that GGG banned a guy for using a flask macro.
The person that was banned has disability and he cannot use one of his hands so it makes it really hard for him to pop all the flasks.
I honestly cannot believe that GGG is capable of doing something like this.
And we all know that streamers used or still use log out macro and never get banned.
What is your opinion on this?

1. The situation is fake.

2. If this was real, the person should have just purchased a mouse with more buttons or accept the risk of being banned for breaking terms of service. Not seeing any real problem here that is specific to any disability.
ive been using a logitech g700s for the longest time and its got more than enough buttons on it for me to play the game

i only use the keyboard for flasking or for pulling up the atlas or fracturing a wall in delve, so i can comfortably just hold my left hand finngers over ASDF and the space bar to flask and mash them at will

but this game would be alot more brutal for my hands if i had less mouse buttons available. i dont know how anybody could play this game with just a standard mouse and not get carpal tunnnel unless theyre only casting like one skill.

theres no way im going to blow out my wrists on account of playing this game. if it wasnt for my mouse i would probably have to use a flasking macro just to tolerate it. either that or i'd have to put something like this into my keyboard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mrvoll/you_guys_asked_for_it_and_here_it_is_the/
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Apr 16, 2021, 10:18:18 AM
Good lesson to not believe everything you read on the internet. Reddit is really bad for stuff like this because it's anonymous AND everyone believes that no one would ever lie on Reddit because it's their secret internet club.

Whenever anyone posts a story about their life on Reddit you can be 99% sure it's just an exercise in creative writing or social manipulation.

"Accidentally stuck 20,000 legos up my butt at 3am, what are my legal options?"
Fact check: Yup. No facts here.
"
2. If this was real, the person should have just purchased a mouse with more buttons or accept the risk of being banned for breaking terms of service. Not seeing any real problem here that is specific to any disability.

Not even that. I didn't even answer the original post cause I thought it was pointless, knowing it was fake does make me feel better though.

Honestly, if you _trully_ have a disability that impedes you from playing PoE or any online game with a macro ban, just talk to the company. Explain the situation, get permission to use the tools you need to use the product, and then, if they still ban you after you got money into it, sue the fuck out of them (=
Don't get caught!
"
tyago04 wrote:
Honestly, if you _trully_ have a disability that impedes you from playing PoE or any online game with a macro ban, just talk to the company. Explain the situation, get permission to use the tools you need to use the product, and then, if they still ban you after you got money into it, sue the fuck out of them (=

While you should contact support about it, it is unlikely that you'll be given permission, not sure if nohandsdan was using macros, more just that the input devices were different.
They also have to contend with every idiot just saying "but i have a disability" to wriggle out of any ban for cheating.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
xMustard wrote:
im not even convinced GGG bans for flask macros

every single video of FastAF and others very OBVIOUSLY use a flask macro. and they are literally video'ing the entire thing.

i don't know about streamers because i don't watch any but im sure it happens there too

until people who take videos of themselves get banned for using a flask macro, i cannot be convinced that people who normally play the game would ever be banned for a flask macro
I remember Zizaran got banned once for accidentally typing 12345 in a global chat and he *wasn't* using a flask macro. I guess it requires people reporting you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info