Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.14

Yesss! When I saw the patch notes and saw Zombies and Necro hadn't been hit, I was excited to get back on this for my 3.14 starter. I think I'll be looking at Vaal Skeletons/Skele Mages as well at some point but really looking forward to going with this to start. Thanks as always WoD!
The flesh and stone change seems to be a problem for me. With flesh and stone linked to maim, the reservation is 40.25%, plus 50% for pride and 10% for war banner. Can't keep them all active, unless I'm missing something.

I do love this build!! Being a 60+ aged gamer, I can't keep track of too many key bindings.
First: I really like your builds.

Now a question to the removal of Blood Magic Support gem: I guess this new Arrogance Support gem is not really a replacement for the support spectre, i wonder if the Life Tap Support gem works for the apes to spam us with power/frenzy charges?
Hey Everyone!

I hope league launch went well for some of you. I haven't had a chance to play since last night when things still weren't fixed. Let's get to some guide replies :).

"
Zarganza wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, i think this will be my starter in Ultimatum.

One small thing from first read: In your build-pic it says for weapons: Anything you like. Shouldnt the shield be mentioned here, too? Like 'any one-hander and a shield' or just a '+ shield' squeezed behind the 'anything you like' for that's easier to add in a picture?

Thanks for sharing your build.

7h until leauge start, content.ggpk done. Hype!
That's a good point Zarganza!

A shield I guess is required for the suggested Shield Charge. But Shield Charge isn't also mandatory. The purpose of Shield Charge is simply the Hit for Fortify and applying the curse. So any melee skill can replace it really. I actually had a hard time deciding if I was going to put "shield" in the picture or not. It was a 50/50 split for me. Good eye. (Some people just love Staves for minion builds.)

I hope you've been able to have some solid gameplay in. Good luck and thanks for your thanks :).

"
KingTen87 wrote:
Spoiler
Yesss! When I saw the patch notes and saw Zombies and Necro hadn't been hit, I was excited to get back on this for my 3.14 starter. I think I'll be looking at Vaal Skeletons/Skele Mages as well at some point but really looking forward to going with this to start. Thanks as always WoD!
You're very kind KingTen87! I was quite excited for the changes (or lack of) too! You can easily add skeletons to this build if you want (I like to throw it in as the zombies' 6th "support". But it wouldn't help the ranged skeletons, just the melee ones (physical damage). So it's not really the range mage build.

Thanks for the kind note! :-)

"
Krush_U wrote:
Spoiler
The flesh and stone change seems to be a problem for me. With flesh and stone linked to maim, the reservation is 40.25%, plus 50% for pride and 10% for war banner. Can't keep them all active, unless I'm missing something.

I do love this build!! Being a 60+ aged gamer, I can't keep track of too many key bindings.
Oh crap! Thanks Krush_U! I totally forgot to add that change to the guide. Shoot! I had it written down and I must have accidentally skipped it. (SORRY EVERYONE!) You're not making any mistakes at all. That's on me. War Banner needed to be removed because of Flesh and Stone's 3.14 change. So we'll be replacing that with Increased Duration Support so our block chance stays up for 4 seconds longer. My mistake. I'll change that asap and post when it's done.

Thanks for pointing it out! I'm glad the build suits you. Thanks for your kindness :).

"
Zarmal wrote:
Spoiler
First: I really like your builds.

Now a question to the removal of Blood Magic Support gem: I guess this new Arrogance Support gem is not really a replacement for the support spectre, i wonder if the Life Tap Support gem works for the apes to spam us with power/frenzy charges?
Son of a...Thanks Zarmal! Dang. What was I doing when I posted this? That's two gem mistakes! You are correct. Lifetap Support will be the new gem to replace Bloodmagic. I'll make the change in all aspects of the guide as soon as I can. Sorry for the confusion.

I appreciate your kind words! I'm glad to hear you enjoy them so much.

Sorry for the gem mistakes everyone! I'm not sure how I missed them. I had them written down but somehow they got missed. I'll post when the changes are all done.

Thanks for your kindness everyone! I hope 3.14 goes well for you. See you Wednesday!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yikes! Sorry everyone (and thanks to everyone who pointed them out)!

I had a couple of gem errors in the guide that I thought I had dealt with but must have overlooked on my checklist when updating the guide. The following changes have been made to the guide:

- War Banner was removed from the guide because of Flesh and Stone's mana increase. Increased Duration Support is now the gem there to increase Bone Offering's duration.

- Blood Magic was removed from the game for 3.14 and split into two gems. Lifetap Support is basically, for our purposes anyway, the exact same thing as Blood Magic. So Lifetap Support is that replacement. (The wiki link for it doesn't exist yet.)

All pictures, pastebins, and gem lists have been updated. I'm really sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your patience and for pointing out the errors.

Please let me know if you see any others.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 17, 2021, 9:14:05 PM
Spoiler
Hi, thanks for the guide!
There's an issue with lifetap support though: the gem says "Minions cannot gain the lifetap buff" which makes it useless for our spectres.

Don't mind me, I misread a gem description.
Last edited by mattfreyn on Apr 17, 2021, 9:37:53 PM
What jewels for the passive tree do you recommend? Also Dead Reckoning skeletal mages do elemental damage correct?
I can't get the path of building link to work for some reason :(.
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
"
So, I actually use the following instead:

- CwDT (level 2)
- Vulnerability (level 6)
- Withering Step (level 9)
- Purifying Flame (level 12)

This makes my only button Bone Armour.

So... What are you using for movement? Just the phasing flask and walking?

Edit: Withering Step. Duh.
Edit2: Wait, it's CWDT linked. Now I'm confused.
Last edited by Rezanow on Apr 18, 2021, 2:13:07 PM
tried this build for a couple of weeks of 3.13 and few days of 3.14, respeced my 4yo 92lvl outdated zombiemancer
and sure my gear still suck immensely (i play ssf standard only, no leagues, and quite rarely overall), but i used to run any map any mods no problem (to some degree even phys reflect, although usually it's the only no no), bosses too - now even first red maps are huge problem, no survivability at all even with easy map mods
i don't know if it's game is changed so much since i last play (it's been almost two years) or this build is just weak, but yeah... looking at it overall - i just don't see it being even remotely viable in late game, looks like farming yellow maps is it's limit, everything else is very far from being "stress-free"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info