Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.14

As always, an excellent guide!

I had that assumption about Righteous Fire, it needs some specific uniques to work and never even attempted it. Well, I couldn't've been more wrong :)

Few remarks:

Cyclon's radius is (I think) pretty similar to RF's. So, we can rely on it to apply Elemental Equilibrium and replace Ball of Lightning with something defensive (I ended up with Immortal Call, maybe there are better options). We only need to get a source of Lightning or Cold damage to attacks somehow - which is usually not too hard.

While delving I've found a ring with "Curse Enemies with Flammability on hit" and learned it's a thing :) And, well, since the radii are so similar, I put the ring on and replaced the curse too. I chose Tempest Shield for the chance to block.

On another note, "#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage" seems like a good mod to have on gear.
Hey Wrecker,

I've been using your guide for the last few leagues.

I'm probably missing something here. Usually I can maintain my RF from early level 50.

But now POB is showing my life regen as positive but somehow I still can't sustain it at level 57. It's just perplexing me.

Wondering if you have any ideas?

My current build - https://pastebin.com/QFXKdF0F
Last edited by Tinuviel86 on May 3, 2021, 5:43:57 AM
Well this is the week! The Ultimate (ha! pun) guide fix up week. Today is RF day, and tomorrow is the beginning of some major...brain storming...We'll see how it goes. On to replies!

"
DannyO wrote:
Spoiler
Hey just got to maps and cleaning up the build. I'm curious though how big EE is for the build. It seems like Ball Lightning is the only thing triggering it on a CWDT. Is it really consistent enough to take that node?
To me, it's invaluable to this build DannyO. Even if Ball Lightning only went off in boss battles, it'd be worth it. But if you take a look at the example video, you'll see it go off quite often while mapping too. Remember, with CwDT, the farther you progress in the game, the more damage enemies do, so the more often your trigger skills will trigger.

"
Erendir wrote:
Spoiler
As always, an excellent guide!

I had that assumption about Righteous Fire, it needs some specific uniques to work and never even attempted it. Well, I couldn't've been more wrong :)

Few remarks:

Cyclon's radius is (I think) pretty similar to RF's. So, we can rely on it to apply Elemental Equilibrium and replace Ball of Lightning with something defensive (I ended up with Immortal Call, maybe there are better options). We only need to get a source of Lightning or Cold damage to attacks somehow - which is usually not too hard.

While delving I've found a ring with "Curse Enemies with Flammability on hit" and learned it's a thing :) And, well, since the radii are so similar, I put the ring on and replaced the curse too. I chose Tempest Shield for the chance to block.

On another note, "#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage" seems like a good mod to have on gear.
Thanks Erendir! You're very kind. Thanks. I'm glad you're liking it.

You've found some good gear with good options that definitely free up some good gem space for you. I think you've done a great job filling in those gems with your selections as well. Awesome work!

I love that the game has so many different routes it can take to further a build. The three mods you mentioned are good finds and thinking. Nice work :).

"
Tinuviel86 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker,

I've been using your guide for the last few leagues.

I'm probably missing something here. Usually I can maintain my RF from early level 50.

But now POB is showing my life regen as positive but somehow I still can't sustain it at level 57. It's just perplexing me.

Wondering if you have any ideas?

My current build - https://pastebin.com/QFXKdF0F
Hey Tinuviel86! It's always nice to hear from you.

I'm showing you as positive life regen as well. So it could be something simple. Make sure Purity of Fire is on, your Stone Golem is up, and Vitality is on. I know those are obvious, but simple things are easy to overlook in a game with this much detail. Also, PoB could be wrong. It's just a program, and it's easy for them to miss something too.

One thing to keep in mind is the awkward math behind RF. The more life you have, the more degen you have. So there may be moments, depending on the gear you're swapping in, that your life regen seems to dip or go negative. So try and come up with a playstyle that includes a little help, life Summon Holy Relic/Purifying Flame for Consecrated Ground, or just get ready with a life flask every now and then.

I don't see anything wrong. It looks like a nice legit levelling setup. Good job! (Sorry I wasn't any help.)

Sweet! You're all awesome. Just as an FYI, I'll be posting an RF Chieftain build (not a guide) soonish. So I'll be removing the gear from my Elementalist and trying out a setup on the Chief for the week. Have a great week. I'll be back in on Thursday.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks Wrecker

It's just driving me crazy as my life is decreasing even with holy relic. Let me stare at it for a bit longer and hopefully it will come to me :)

Hey Wrecker,
I have the build last league...going with bone zombies now. RF Chieftain sounds different. Would be great to try. Please do post an update/pob when possible.
Thanks for your guides. They are awesome.
Really enjoying the build. Can do yellow maps pretty easy. Reds also. Build is a little squishy.

I have a general question regarding resists.

Currently my build has the following.

Fire 149%
Cold 101%
Lighting 114%
Chaos 96%

My question if this character is never going to see a minus resist maps does being over capped help still the build? Or should I get all resists down to 75% and add more damage or migration to make more tanky?

Once again thank you for this build. Best one I ever played!
Last edited by dsteere on May 5, 2021, 12:11:34 PM
Hey, i'm returning but newbie player. I've been playing Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire build few years ago and i had real fun. I'd like to replace Puryfying Flame with Scorching Ray, will it work? Which support gems should i use then? What about skill tree?
Quick note, I found these gloves when searching for rares with max life and life regen: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Apothecary%27s_Gloves definitely should replace crusader gloves for your dream mods section since they have a DoT implicit :)
Good Morrrrrrrning!!!

It's actually 9:45am so the day is well underway here...don't you hate morning people? The kind of people that are happy right when they wake up? Gross. ;)

Let see what questions we have today!

"
Tinuviel86 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks Wrecker

It's just driving me crazy as my life is decreasing even with holy relic. Let me stare at it for a bit longer and hopefully it will come to me :)

It can be frustrating for sure Tinuviel86. If anything though, you're only level 57. So as you progress through the campaign and level gems it'll fix itself. It's frustrating not being able to put a finger on it though.

"
adangoyya wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker,
I have the build last league...going with bone zombies now. RF Chieftain sounds different. Would be great to try. Please do post an update/pob when possible.
Thanks for your guides. They are awesome.
:) I love zombies adangoyya! If I could have an RF Zombie build, I would only have one guide!

I'll be posting my extra builds (not guides) by the weekend.

Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate your encouragement :).

"
dsteere wrote:
Spoiler
Really enjoying the build. Can do yellow maps pretty easy. Reds also. Build is a little squishy.

I have a general question regarding resists.

Currently my build has the following.

Fire 149%
Cold 101%
Lighting 114%
Chaos 96%

My question if this character is never going to see a minus resist maps does being over capped help still the build? Or should I get all resists down to 75% and add more damage or migration to make more tanky?

Once again thank you for this build. Best one I ever played!
Thanks dsteere! That's very kind of you. I'm glad you're enjoying the build and mapping :). Ya, the build is a little squishy, unfortunately. It's a little more dependant on movement and placing than I like, but I like what we get in lieu of tankiness. I'll be posting the Chieft in a day or two and we'll see if people prefer the harder levelling process and smaller AoE but unkillable vs. the current version.

In terms of resists, that's up to you. It depends how you like to roll maps. Being over-capped is nice as RF already makes you need to re-roll maps often enough with all the mods you want to avoid anyway. So having one less is nice. It also helps against enemies that lower resists with their curses. That being said, damage is a good defence too. So it comes down to preference of gameplay and mapping setup. There's not really a right or wrong way to go there.

"
GRIMMN7 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, i'm returning but newbie player. I've been playing Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire build few years ago and i had real fun. I'd like to replace Puryfying Flame with Scorching Ray, will it work? Which support gems should i use then? What about skill tree?
Hey GRIMMN7! SR and RF are a great combo for sure as they scale with all the same nodes and gems. To add SR to this build, I'd either socket it in the same link as RF as they share the same supports, or I'd replace the Fortify links with the 4link SR (same supports as RF). Wave of Conviction has no value with SR in the build as Exposures don't stack, but you'd be losing lots of life regen and bonus damage from Combustion if you get rid of those. But those are my two suggestions.

"
Scythy wrote:
Spoiler
Quick note, I found these gloves when searching for rares with max life and life regen: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Apothecary%27s_Gloves definitely should replace crusader gloves for your dream mods section since they have a DoT implicit :)
Oh that's awesome Scythy! I've been focusing on updating a couple of older guides to post this weekend and so I haven't gone through all the new content yet on the wiki. Those are perfect! I'll add those to the dream mod section as soon as I have posted the other builds. Awesome! Thanks!

Alright! Time for my wife to play Sims. I'm getting kicked off the computer. See you Monday!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288

If you're bored with the league or looking to extend it somehow, I've posted 3 (4) extra builds. They aren't guides, so there aren't any explanations, they're just builds. But they are ideas that I've been dying to try in-game to see how they work. On paper, they seem legit. They are all designed to be very tanky.

There's a Chieftain that uses Righteous Fire and has a focus on Endurance Charges (my old RF Chieftain), 2 Gladiator options (one uses General's Cry, the other is pure melee) that are max block builds focusing on counter-attack damage (they are my old Trigger Happy build), and a two-handed Champion with an insane amount of Armour that focuses on Herald of Purity and Summon Phantasms.

Even though they aren't guides, if you give any of them a shot, I'd LOVE feedback on them. I don't have time to play them all but I'm really curious which ones people fall in love with and which people hate (and why). I have high expectations for all of them but you never know what Mr./Mrs. Gameplay will have to say about it.

Hopefully, you're having a great 3.14 and if you give any of the newly posted builds a try, I'd love to know what you think!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info