The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

I've done about 100 Mud Flat runs, running a circle around the outside and then making sure that I get all three of the nests before going back to the waypoint.

Nothing so far. Nothing.

However, I have filled up a number of times on bunches of rare items, and even had a few drops of chances, fuses, chromatics, and an alch. So it's not been a waste at all.
Help me put a sign on my kung fu school! PayPal: DNAmani@yahoo.com
Thread on kung fu and martial arts: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/315107
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
"
I would estimate the spawn chance of the Rhoa at 1:500 right now. Given the nature of RNG, however, keep in mind that this is a single data point, and should not be taken as the actual rate. It's only a fraction of the amount of data it would take to figure out the true spawn rate.

What's this insanity? Someone who realizes that their own personal experience doesn't mean they can 100% accurately predict the chances of something happening in the game?

You take that logic and reason and get right the fuck off the internet. We don't have room for your kind here. :-P

He already said this is merely personal experience. Do you not know how to read the whole thing? Lastly, the sample rate for this is large, so that makes the standard deviation small, so even if he is wrong there is a good probability that he isnt off by large. Looks like you really paid to be a silver supporter just to have room here.

Read his post again, this time with your sarcasm filter turned off. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
DNAmani wrote:
I've done about 100 Mud Flat runs, running a circle around the outside and then making sure that I get all three of the nests before going back to the waypoint.

Nothing so far. Nothing.

However, I have filled up a number of times on bunches of rare items, and even had a few drops of chances, fuses, chromatics, and an alch. So it's not been a waste at all.

I took the lazy, nay, dedicated approach to farming these. I ran around on normal mode with all of my speed gear and 5 quicksilver flasks. I found the route you described to be as close to optimal as I could manage, with the addition that I only ran around looking for the albino rhoa, and killing the unique rhoa each instance. Because there can be only feathers!
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
For anyone curious, I asked Henry_GGG in game about this. He said it is indeed used for fishing and you (somehow) make a fishing pole with them.

He could have been trolling. Hmm, probably should have taken screen shots to verify. Sorry for that.

One other thing to the OP:

If you try and put a stack of something that vendors for Scroll Fragments in the vendor, it will only give 1 Scroll Fragment.

However, if you split them up and not stack them, they will give the correct amount of scroll fragments. Try it.

We could also try Minecraft level stuff. Try making a fishing pole image out of the feathers in the Vendor Recipe box.

Just thoughts.
GGG's best ingame troll :)
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Have you tried vendoring 1 stack of feathers + 1 stack of portal scrolls + 1 stack of fusing? Have you tried that same recipe + 1 mirror? Have you tried to mirror the feathers?
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
He could have been trolling.
Trolling for fish.
"
MaxS wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Have you tried vendoring 1 stack of feathers + 1 stack of portal scrolls + 1 stack of fusing? Have you tried that same recipe + 1 mirror? Have you tried to mirror the feathers?
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
He could have been trolling.
Trolling for fish.
"
MaxS wrote:

You know, I am just waiting for a Diamond Supporter to make a unique that is a fishing rod ... that'd be funny. :P

And yes, I knew it. :D It's totally real.
1337 21gn17ur3
That's it, I'm going to farm these feathers and go from there.

I want to fish. I'm so curious. Ugh. :P
So far I'm pretty disappointed with the trolls in this thread. So few good ideas. They get a +1 for the minecraft troll, but a -1 for using that same old screencap....ok well now that I think about it, the pulp fiction guy gets a +1 also. Still disappointed overall. d:- p
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info