The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

"
LazarusQ wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
if it's a currency, did someone ever right click on a feather and try to apply it to a fishing rod? never read that someone tried it and i read alot ;)

No, that's the whole point: items like orbs and scrolls are crafting items used as a currency. ARF are just a currency, they have no crafting use.

Note that it does not exclude the possibility that you can use them to buy something from a vendor/master/member of the Order of the Rhoa, it only states that you cannot apply it to an item (or to yourself, in fact, because regrets are not for items, for instance).

To make it even more clear... think of it as gold (like in Diablo). You can't DO anything with it. you can just buy stuff with it.
Not sure if currency is all the feather is, though. I'm treasuring mine.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
regarding how rare it is:

I wasted 2 or 3 hours running through mud flats. Well overlevelled, high movement speed and some IIR (doesn't help with the rhoa). Just ran through the whole area, only killed oozeback to sell a few rares. Don't know how long it takes for such an instance-run, 1-2 minutes?

I never saw a white rhoa.

Needless to say, that such farming is incredibly boring.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
regarding how rare it is:

I wasted 2 or 3 hours running through mud flats. Well overlevelled, high movement speed and some IIR (doesn't help with the rhoa). Just ran through the whole area, only killed oozeback to sell a few rares. Don't know how long it takes for such an instance-run, 1-2 minutes?

I never saw a white rhoa.

Needless to say, that such farming is incredibly boring.

From my own experience:

The white roah is a special random event, it does not seem to care if you are over leveled in the zone.

A quick way to farm it if you are CI or have mings is to take your high level toon and use death oath then spam reset the mudflat normal running around using quick silver (the flask will refill when death oath aura kill mobs). After about 100 run you should have at least found one white roah if RNG not a bitch.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 9, 2015, 12:17:17 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
... you should have at least found one white roah if RNG not a bitch.

I wonder what johnkeys would say to that. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
think of it as gold (like in Diablo).

Yes indeed, that's why I think what Chris said (RAF is the only true currency) really means that there is no use for it. That is, if we can trust his word. But why would he ever try to mislead us ?

And I don't know if the original idea was just to make a joke item, or if it was requested by one of the supporters, but what it has become is quite interesting. Does it have value just because it is rare ? Or because of the mystery that surrounds it ? The value it has (a couple of exalts) is consistent with how rare it is, which is somewhere between an exalt and an eternal, I would say (found 8 or 9 ex so far, 3 ARF and never saw an eternal, but RNG is, after all, RNG). Would it have the same value if we knew for certain that it has no use and never will ?

Another thought experiment: what would happen if an alternative and relatively abundant currency with a crafting funcionality was introduced in Diablo 3 (I'm assuming there isn't one already, but I have no idea) ? Or if an entirely useless (but not extremely rare) currency was introduced in PoE. Would the two systems coexist ? Would the crafting materials win ? In the end, the values of all these items are a complex mixture of their usefulness, their intrinsic value (as enforced by vendors, recipes, etc.), and what the community decides it should be worth.

PoE is really a great experiment in market dynamics and human behaviour. I hope social scientists are looking at it at least a bit. If not, they should. It would make a fantastic topic for a PhD.

That being said, I'll keep my three feathers for now. As a souvenir.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Last edited by LazarusQ on Apr 9, 2015, 12:27:59 PM
"
LazarusQ wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
think of it as gold (like in Diablo).

Yes indeed, that's why I think what Chris said (RAF is the only true currency) really means that there is no use for it. That is, if we can trust his word. But why would he ever try to mislead us ?

And I don't know if the original idea was just to make a joke item, or if it was requested by one of the supporters, but what it has become is quite interesting. Does it have value just because it is rare ? Or because of the mystery that surrounds it ? The value it has (a couple of exalts) is consistent with how rare it is, which is somewhere between an exalt and an eternal, I would say (found 8 or 9 ex so far, 3 ARF and never saw an eternal, but RNG is, after all, RNG). Would it have the same value if we knew for certain that it has no use and never will ?

Another thought experiment: what would happen if an alternative and relatively abundant currency with a crafting funcionality was introduced in Diablo 3 (I'm assuming there isn't one already, but I have no idea) ? Or if an entirely useless (but not extremely rare) currency was introduced in PoE. Would the two systems coexist ? Would the crafting materials win ? In the end, the values of all these items are a complex mixture of their usefulness, their intrinsic value (as enforced by vendors, recipes, etc.), and what the community decides it should be worth.

PoE is really a great experiment in market dynamics and human behaviour. I hope social scientists are looking at it at least a bit. If not, they should. It would make a fantastic PhD subject.

That being said, I'll keep my three feathers for now. As a souvenir.

About a week ago someone was buying feather 1 ex each in standard, when I Pmed him to ask why he needed them he said

"not your business"

Since I can farm those things if I really want to and I had 5 of them I proposed to give one free if he tell me the reason.

He started to shit me about using 10 feathers and a white base item to get a unique.
I am sure he was trolling but there is people that seem to think there is a use for them and are ready to pay ex.

Maybe he really believed the 10 stack+nwhite and got trolled.

Spoiler
_h: look
_h: get 10 of this
_h: than get
_h: an exemple
_h: than get a white occultist vestment
_h: !!!!
_h: go to the npc in sarn encampment
_h: and sell it to him
_h: 10 rhoa and 1 occultist vestment white
_h: you vill get a shav ;)
_h: hum
_h: or gavel ,and 10 rhoa ;) you will get a mjolner
_h: etc
_h: i though this was a joke from the forum
_h: nope
_h: this is not a joke
_h: another thing
_h: you know why the people say that this is a troll ???
_h: nope
_h: if you do this you will be a potent seller
_h: a concurence to them

_h: imagine in first days of a leauge .....
_h: you can find mjolner ,shav ...
_h: it is not strange?
_h: i guess the recipe give an advantage and that is why they don t want to give.
_h: you think that is drop ?
_h: no
_h: exactly
_h: well farming them is not that hard
_h: it's an advantage to them
_h: so i ll see if this work soon
_h: and they don't want tyou to know the truth
_h: now

extract of the conv from my log, name erased

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 9, 2015, 12:45:16 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
i assume

I quoted the bit you're doing wrong.

Spoiler

Well so far no1 proved anything about rods or feathers so.....this trolling about that is fading out and idk about others but its not even interesting anymore to me

And as i sayed if its real u or someone else who know recepie or whatever would post SS to prove its not trolling

Thats not too much to ask, isnt it
IGN: Puskurcina
"
lolozori wrote:

_h: and they don't want tyou to know the truth

Seems legit ^^
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Do they even still appear, these albino Rhoas? :D Some would think that this has even been nerfed (chances reduced) or been removed by the appearances of Masters and Vaal Areas ^^ I haven´t seen a Large Chest appear anywhere since SotV ^^ (of course except VoA).
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
Stone__Cold wrote:
Do they even still appear, these albino Rhoas? :D Some would think that this has even been nerfed (chances reduced) or been removed by the appearances of Masters and Vaal Areas ^^ I haven´t seen a Large Chest appear anywhere since SotV ^^ (of course except VoA).

I think Large Chests were replaced by Strong Boxes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info