Wake up.
Check thread.
"Oh wow, 3 new pages of posts. I'm sure they'll be riveting."
Read pages.
"Oh, just arguing."
d:-(
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
After a certain number of feathers have been vendored, Diablo will roam the earth....
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
"
WolfStrike wrote:
After a certain number of feathers have been vendored, Diablo will roam the earth....
Best. Easter. Egg. Idea. Ever.

Worth getting sued over.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 11, 2013, 6:46:16 PM
"
Its not a level of crazy at all.

If you really sit down and think about where they are found, what type of item they get displayed/colored as, and the extreme rarity coupled with lack of an apparent use, you can come up with a couple of conclusions as to what their use may be.

And the part about what Chris said. The devs have been known to partake in the trolling on occasion as well. Just think of this as trolling but with a very important purpose. One worth giving out a little bit of misinformation in order to preserve the function for as long as possible.

Your "theory" is quite clear--you believe it to be some sort of anti-botting measure. I assume you are under the impression GGG would scan accounts and say "Oh, this guy has picked up 12 albino rhoa feathers in the last week, BANHAMMER INC!!!!" Let me lay out exactly why this isn't the case:

1) AFAIK, I have only ever heard of bots farming twilight strand. Now, I am sure their are bots that farm other areas; that being said, I can't think of any real advantages farming mudflats over twilight strand. Therefore, having an "anti-botting countermeasure" as you think of it in mudflats only makes no sense.

2) Players farm the albino rhoa specifically to get these feathers. If GGG was using feathers collected to flag bots, they would be erroneously flagging tons of valid players (perhaps 100% valid players, see point 1, do RMT sites even bot mudflats at all?)

3) The rhoa runs away from you, it doesn't engage you. This would seem to me like the sort of mob behavior that makes it LESS likely a bot would actually kill it (while actual players would ofc be intrigued and give it chase).

4) I am no programmer, but if GGG really wanted to track someone farming the same zone 24/7 and only picking up currency (and maybe uniques), I don't see any reason they couldn't write a script to simply detect that sort of behavior, as opposed to adding in a special mob with a special drop that has all the above issues I just noted.

There are more holes in your theory than just these, but I think this is enough to sink your conspiracy theory 100 times over, so I will end there.
Last edited by Gulruon on Jul 11, 2013, 7:06:47 PM
This was the only item I had carry over from CB to OB.

That MEANS something.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
"
Gulruon wrote:
"
Its not a level of crazy at all.

If you really sit down and think about where they are found, what type of item they get displayed/colored as, and the extreme rarity coupled with lack of an apparent use, you can come up with a couple of conclusions as to what their use may be.

And the part about what Chris said. The devs have been known to partake in the trolling on occasion as well. Just think of this as trolling but with a very important purpose. One worth giving out a little bit of misinformation in order to preserve the function for as long as possible.

Your "theory" is quite clear--you believe it to be some sort of anti-botting measure. I assume you are under the impression GGG would scan accounts and say "Oh, this guy has picked up 12 albino rhoa feathers in the last week, BANHAMMER INC!!!!" Let me lay out exactly why this isn't the case:

1) AFAIK, I have only ever heard of bots farming twilight strand. Now, I am sure their are bots that farm other areas; that being said, I can't think of any real advantages farming mudflats over twilight strand. Therefore, having an "anti-botting countermeasure" as you think of it in mudflats only makes no sense.

2) Players farm the albino rhoa specifically to get these feathers. If GGG was using feathers collected to flag bots, they would be erroneously flagging tons of valid players (perhaps 100% valid players, see point 1, do RMT sites even bot mudflats at all?)

3) The rhoa runs away from you, it doesn't engage you. This would seem to me like the sort of mob behavior that makes it LESS likely a bot would actually kill it (while actual players would ofc be intrigued and give it chase).

4) I am no programmer, but if GGG really wanted to track someone farming the same zone 24/7 and only picking up currency (and maybe uniques), I don't see any reason they couldn't write a script to simply detect that sort of behavior, as opposed to adding in a special mob with a special drop that has all the above issues I just noted.

There are more holes in your theory than just these, but I think this is enough to sink your conspiracy theory 100 times over, so I will end there.

I totally agree, it doesn't seem like a very accurate tracking mechanism for botting.

P.S, I have one.
I read this thread and then I did 5 instances mudflats and found one.

Maybe I got lucky?
has anyone suggested trying to vendor it with various white items of various ilvls?

like a full white set of ilvl60+ gear etc
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info