Flesh & Stone w/ Blood and Sand - What's up?

Is there a known issue with the Flesh and Stone w/ Blood and Sand combo?

The active effects seem to either one gem or the other, but never both. One way I will not see the circle animation (or the blinding animation while in Sand Stance) but I can see the changes in my DPS in stats screen.

<or>

I see the animation (and the blinding animation while in Sand Stance)but the DPS on my stat screen remains unmodified.

Anyone know what's up? Or is that what the Flesh and Stone aura does? It replaces the effects of Blood and Sand modifiers to aura and damage???

Last bumped on Apr 10, 2021, 1:27:18 AM
Update. I did play with turning on and off the combo (and socketing and resocketing) and seemed to get it to work again. Still would like to know what is going on though. I think I have been playing with half the effects inactive for most of the season.
Either of them can toggle you between the Blood and Sand stances and they each have their own effects. But you cannot be in both blood stance and sand stance at the same time. You have to choose between being more offensive and more defensive. Or, depending on your build, it might be between more clear oriented (sand) and more boss oriented (blood.)
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 9, 2021, 5:10:50 PM
I get that. My issue is when in Sand Stance for example, I won't have the blind feature active. Or vice versa, I can get the blind feature working but then I don't get the AoE buff. I just can't get the combined benefits of both gems at once. It's either one or the other.
"
Emparthy wrote:
I get that. My issue is when in Sand Stance for example, I won't have the blind feature active. Or vice versa, I can get the blind feature working but then I don't get the AoE buff. I just can't get the combined benefits of both gems at once. It's either one or the other.

You CAN'T have Blood and Sand in Blood Stance and Flesh and Stone in Sand Stance (Stone)

It is by design . Only Blood in both gems, or Sand in both gems

Also please screenshot how you don't have more area of effect but less area damage in sand stance from Blood and Sand
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
I just can't get the combined benefits of both gems at once. It's either one or the other.

If true, it would be the first time I've heard of the bug. But there are all kinds of odd interactions in PoE...

When you bring either gem up, it should default to blood stance. If you have one gem in sand stance already, bringing the second one up will switch them both to blood. AFter that, toggling either will toggle both.

There are definitely two different icons, and they are both red and yellow for stance.

If you're saying that both icons are up, but you aren't getting the benefit of both gems, you need to say more about what makes you think that.

Or if you're saying that turning one on always turns the other one completely off, you need to post some video of that in the bug forum.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 9, 2021, 9:27:18 PM
Perhaps you forgot to turn on both auras after you died?
Because it happened to me a few times. >_<

Only Flesh and stone have the visible ring aura around your character. The Blood and sand doesn't have any visual at all unless you're changing stance.
"
Only Flesh and stone have the visible ring aura around your character. The Blood and sand doesn't have any visual at all unless you're changing stance.
This is a good point. If you only watch your character, you miss a lot of indicators on the buff bar.
I think I figured it out and it's a rookie mistake. I for some reason thought once you had both gems they became the same aura. I didn't realize you had to activate both of them individually. I also didn't realize you could use Flesh & Stone without even using Blood & Sand if you wanted. All this time I just didn't have both auras activated at once sometimes.
"
Emparthy wrote:
I think I figured it out and it's a rookie mistake. I for some reason thought once you had both gems they became the same aura. I didn't realize you had to activate both of them individually. I also didn't realize you could use Flesh & Stone without even using Blood & Sand if you wanted. All this time I just didn't have both auras activated at once sometimes.

Glad that you figured it out. Yes, it counts as two separate skills and each has their own benefits, while both shares that stance part.

Some builds use flesh and stone and blood stance linked with maim support for that "Enemies Maimed by this Skill take increased Physical Damage" part. But this also reserved more mana.

While, some builds use flesh and stone and the sand stance to get extra defensive layer.

I think blood and sand only benefits melee builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info