[3.16] Armageddon Brand Build (League Starter) | Elementalist | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

"
Arge wrote:
Hey whats the benefits of using armageddon brand over fireball for ignite when fireball has way higher base damage? Just easier to apply ignite?

I guess every activation of brand you have a chance of critical strike, you can move while doing so, with change to emberwake ignite duration wont be super high but with brand activating you have more time for running around. Also fireball is a projectile, it can hit obstacles and have proj speed so doesnt hit target/attaches instantly. Also when Arma and Fireball are updated in PoB we will see diffrence in numbers. For me Arma brand has more QoL and "up time" of running around, especialy on boss fights this is good thing :D
ING: Glored
Can you explain why you take Spiritual Aid?
It doesn't seem to do much for how many points it takes.
I guess something along these lines will be my league starter... I really enjoyed Fire / Ignite 2 or 3 leagues ago a lot, looks just awesome :D
Hello,

Can I ask why no Brand Mastery or brand nodes?
"
totrudeau wrote:
Hello,

Can I ask why no Brand Mastery or brand nodes?

Those don't synergize too well with ignite, it's just not necessary.
Hello, I just returned to POE after a year or more away and this looks great!

However, pastebin isn't working with path of building. Is there an upgraded link?
Playing this build in Scourge, but having a bit of difficulty as the main defensive option appears to just be Stone/Chaos Golems and ES. Having Steelskin on left-click helps, but even early map mobs can one-shot through it. Not much staff block, spell suppression, or ailment immunities outside of flask use makes it rather squishy, and the Skitterbot's 5% slow doesn't feel like enough of a preventative measure to keep fast mobs from getting on you, especially while the ignites tick down.

Unsure what would fix it off the top of my head, but I'd consider a wand/shield and Tempest Shield, or Arctic Armor, as there is a bit of leeway mana reservation-wise. I personally would switch out either Malevolence or Skitterbots though Skitters do give an effective 5% damage boost.
"
Playing this build in Scourge, but having a bit of difficulty as the main defensive option appears to just be Stone/Chaos Golems and ES.

I felt the same way. I'm level 71 now with 2.9k life and 800 ES, with chaos/stone/flame golems plus skitterbots. I do feel like my character can survive most large hits, but I don't feel "tanky". Mostly because surviving large hits means I don't have any life left to survive another.

I think I may have poor setup, so I reviewed the defensive layers in the pastebin. So far I found:
- debuff: cover enemies in ash from passive mastery
- debuff: chill enemies from skitterbots
- debuff: chill enemies with cold damage from ring-craft explicit and holy dominion passive
- prevention: 4 golems as extra targets
- prevention: 18% block from lathi staff
- prevention: 10% block from Rumi's flask
- prevention: 12% block from passives
- prevention: 5% block from Rumi's flask
- prevention: 12% spell block from staff passives
- prevention: 10% avoid projectile from lunaris pantheon
- mitigation: 1500 armor from Rumi's flask
- mitigation: max elemental resists from gear
- mitigation: some chaos resists from gear
- mitigation: 35% chaos resistance from Atziri flask
- mitigation: 4% physical damage reduction from chaos golem
- mitigation: 2209 damage taken from hits from steelskin
- life: each piece of armor has +life
- life: 172% from passives
- life: 2% life leech for chaos damage from Atziri flask
- life: 105 life regen from stone golem
- life: 4% life regen from passives
- life: 10% reduced recovery rate from passive mastery
- ES: all ES armor
- ES: 30% from passives

Upon review, I realized my character needed:
- lathi staff and rumi flask for block chance and mitigation
- more life in armor pieces
- 1 more golem

I hope this list of defensive layers helps people troubleshoot, or propose additions. I'll go farm so life gear in the meantime.
"
Norinzoba wrote:
Hello, I just returned to POE after a year or more away and this looks great!

However, pastebin isn't working with path of building. Is there an upgraded link?

Hey, not sure if you figured it out yet, but there's now a community fork of Path of Building that people still colloquially refer to as just Path of Building. Should be able to find it on Google with "Path of building community"
Am i missing something, I just cannot proc elemental overload.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info