Remote Mine

I am using a build with the skill puncture with a bow and use bear trap and cold snap as support spells. Can I use cold snap supported by Trap or Remote Mine to effectively bypass the cooldown of cold snap and possibly trigger many at the same time?

I try this build for the buff in recent patch to Bear Trap and Cold Snap.
I've been using this support gem for my current build end-game.

A couple things.

Detonate is pretty buggy. Sometimes casting detonate won't work. If it's under a totem, or against the wall. It's frustrating having to cast detonate 3-4 times to get it to work.

Detonate is pretty long of a cast itself. It seems counter intuitive aesthetically and fundamentally. I understand why it has a cast animation, because it probably would be to strong without it, but, does it have to be so long?

Using detonate alot I've noticed that some skills actually break due to the coding. For example, a sparking+fork mine, sometimes won't fork at all if its directly under a mob and eat all the sparks. If you lay down 5 mines and use arc, it will all hit the same target, even if the first mine killed the mob. Can't you code it to fire off in sequence, instead of all together? No one would know the difference, but, that way each mine runs a check to see if the mob is dead or not.

Furthermore, aesthetically the placement of the remote mine seems to be a bit odd. I've placed mines that actually end up behind my character, instead of under me. Aesthetically, when putting a mine down, would you ever put a mine under you? You'd put it infront of you. It just is aesthetically illogical, and doesn't look good or feel good the current way it is.

The mines should be placed somewhere around the red circle. Where the hand goes down. Player direction +x distance.

Lastly the range of the mine seems a bit underwhelming. I don't know if this is tied to how the skill operates. But, I can be a few steps away from a mob and the remote mine won't target it.

Skeletons are also bugged with it.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 30, 2013, 5:01:54 PM
all 5 mines should fire at once on detonate, however yes all 5 skills striking a foe without letting extra "run free" due to target being dead, sound wrong. this needs to be looked at and good job on saying multiple examples.

i sorta agree on aesthetics, but that'll come later.

what exactly isn't working about skeletons? explain what happens for the devs.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
all 5 mines should fire at once on detonate, however yes all 5 skills striking a foe without letting extra "run free" due to target being dead, sound wrong. this needs to be looked at and good job on saying multiple examples.

i sorta agree on aesthetics, but that'll come later.

what exactly isn't working about skeletons? explain what happens for the devs.

I agree that all should go off, I hope I wasn't trying to say they shouldn't. Coding the mines to fire in sequence to run checks on the mob, is what I am getting at.

Skeleton mines causes a client side ctd for all persons in the local area when used on a mob.
Last edited by PSGMud on Jan 30, 2013, 6:30:49 PM
ah so mines + skeleton has same issue as trap + zombie.

as for the checking, it should be up to the skill fired instead of the trap/mine. a minor but logical difference. mine was detonated as normal, the skills weren't normal and responded incorrectly or targeted with waste.
I had a question about Remote mine.

Does Remote mine + molten shell worth something?
"
I had a question about Remote mine.

Does Remote mine + molten shell worth something?

molten shell triggers on the amount of damage received i guess. Since mines only have 1 life this doesn't seem to make sense. I don't think it is possible to link them anyway.

I wonder why remote mine can't be linked with discharge. Discharge is a regular spell just like frost nova ,but doesn't work with remote mine. Is this a bug?
I do not consider discharge+remote mine OP ,since discharge got a damage nerve and the 30% extra damage won't make this skill OP.

Discharge should work with mines ,the explosion on full charges would be awesome and support the character of a mine.
It would just discharge the Mine's Charges. Welp.
It could still use your own charges be the time you detonate the mine.
If you place more than one mine the damage could be divided by the number of mines placed.
This allows you more AoE Damage and diversity.
Just my idea of making two underused skills usefull and fun to play.
I've tried using this with Spell Totem and it's rather... sad.

I can place a number of traps, but when I detonate, it only spawns 1 totem, dismissing all the other traps.

I expected either one of these things to happen:

- The totem to lay mines near enemies, which I could then detonate.
- The mines to spawn 1 totem each with the attached spell (I realize this would probably be OP, and I've seen videos of this being the behaviour before)

As it is, spell totem + remote mine is a sad excuse for what could be a pretty cool and interesting combination (lightning warp spell totem mines would be hilarious)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info