[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

Quick question how do you apply two curses with the frostbite ring and elemental weakness on hit with triad gloves?
"
tachyon34 wrote:
Quick question how do you apply two curses with the frostbite ring and elemental weakness on hit with triad gloves?

You need a second curse source.
"
Dovry wrote:
"DISCLAIMER: Don't use a trigger wand unless you have a Frostbite ring."

The gear I'm currently saving up for is the trigger wand + frostbite ring, but it's pretty expensive, with wands starting at 3ex and rings at least 1ex each if I want any ele res with the frostbite on hit.

Until I've got that sorted there's no room for convocation on the build, unless I swap it out with Frost Bomb.

I'm going to test out swapping frost bomb for convocation and I geared the AG with grukthuls,southbound,windscream and some other life/%life/regen/resist uniques I had in the stash and it's at ~42k HP now

Another question I have is where do I see which amount of golems I should have out?
Do I summon the stone golem from Clayshaper until I have 2 unset rings?
At the moment I have 5 carrion golems and no stone golems.

Unfortunately the league is pretty dead by now so the supply of decent midgame wands seems to be pretty low.

Remember that you also can search for +1 to minion gems aswell instead of +1 to spell skill gems to try and scavange for cheaper wands.

I would probably just settle for +1 skill, ~40% minion damage and a free suffix to craft trigger. If you can find added fire or lightning damage to spell that doesn't really matter.

It's actually pretty easy to find rings with high life, alot of resistances and a free prefix to craft elemental dmg. I've unfortunately quit this league already so I'm not sure how the market is looking though.

I found that the cheapest ring combination is a high life + high resistance ring with free prefix.
For the frostbite ring, I went with a +2 ring with frostbite that I crafted life on. Remember that you easily can get additional resistances on your belt and boots if you haven't already. Even amulet too assuming you can't afford an Auls or a +2 amulet yet.

Convocation is definitely more important than Frostbomb. Since exposure only is -15% resistance right now it's not as important and being able to position your minions is crucial. Especially the spectres since you always want to convocate all your spectres ontop of bosses for maximum dps.

42k health on AG is dangerously low. I think he gets oneshot by the Elder blast in the end at that HP et.c. so you really should try to get his HP up. As mentioned before, this is mostly done by adding levels to him.

You're supposed to run a 21/20 stone golem which adds ~400 health regen to your build. With a clayshaper that would be 1 stone golem and 4 carrion Golems.

If you feel that you don't need the health regen from the stone golem at all you're free to replace it with a different gem.

I run ALOT of avoidance in my setup so I rarely get hit, meaning I don't really need the regen. So I run convocation in my ring instead and Elemental Army linked to my zombies in my shield.
This gives my zombies alot of additional survivability and causes them to apply Frost exposure automatically meaning I don't need Frost Bomb any longer.

Looking through your profile, I would highly suggest to update your gems slightly.

First of all, you should run Increased Duration on your wand instead of frost bomb. If you don't, your BV won't have 100% uptime.

Also, you really should buy a 21/0 Raise Spectre and 21/20 Carrion Golem (Can do 21/0 if you're poor).
This will be huge dps boosts. You also should look to get an Awakened Melee phys gem if possible.

Doing these gem swaps should add more than 20% damage to your build.
"
tachyon34 wrote:

As mentioned earlier, you need to look for a second curse source.

This can be done by either using a Hunter influenced chest.
Using a corrupted amulet with +1 curse, or speccing Whispers of doom in your tree.

The cheapest and easiest way to get a second curse into the build is running Elemental Weakness on your AG instead of yourself.
To do that, you simply add any gloves with Elemental Weakness on hit corruption on the gloves and a pair of Windscream boots.
i noticed there is not much for minion defence or resists, are we just depending on convocation to keep our minions alive?

And when you're playing how often do you cast convocation?
"
tachyon34 wrote:
i noticed there is not much for minion defence or resists, are we just depending on convocation to keep our minions alive?

You don't need much TBH. The only "problem" I sometimes encounter is my zombies dying, but zombies are easy to replace.

No problem with AG/Spectres/Golems whatsoever,a nd I've killed/farmed every big boss in the game (except for uber atziri, though I'm sure you can do it with anti-reflect gear.)

My AG died twice this league, and it was low level, shit gear. Once you have a good lvl AG gem and the high end gear it'll be indestructible. Worth the investment imho. (You can even go for the divergent variant, but tbh my AG was already unkillable before I got it.)

I convocate often.

Small reminder: Don't do elemental reflect maps and you'll be fine.
"
tachyon34 wrote:

Indomitable army is enough to cap out resistances for majority of our minions.
We're also running it for Bleed immunity to prevent our AG from dying to corrupted blood stacks.

Running this setup minions very rarely die.
If anything, you might lose a zombie here and there but even that is rare.
Some bosses or encounters have dedicated abilities that oneshot your minions no matter how much defenses they have, you gotta know which bosses this is and play around it.

Some of these bosses includes Veratania, the cold conqueror.
Sometimes she does an ability where she shoots ice missles in a circle around here which originate from the middle of her body.
If your minion stands right on top of her when she casts it, they will tank all the missles at the same time and get oneshot from 50 instances of dmg at once.

Another boss is the boss of the Mausoleum boss.
He does a corpse explosion on all dead enemies close to him.
Sometimes, like during Lira Arthain 10 boss invitations, he will corpse explode dead boss corpses next to him. Since these corpses belong to bosses they have a ton of hp and the explosion does enough damage to oneshot all your minions.

The last encounter I would keep an eye on this High Lithomancer boss in Primordial Blocks. One of his abilities is that he throws a stone that circles around the room until it dissapears after going into a hole in the centre.
The problem with this ability is that it does more damage the longer it's out, meaning, the damage of the stone collision increases the more laps around the room the stone takes.
If your minions are hit by the stone right before it's about to enter the hole in the center, they will get oneshot, no matter how much minion survivability you're running.

Apart from that, everything else should be manageable as long as your AG has a minimum of 55k hp, generally you want way more though.
They're immune to corrupted blood stacks meaning Sirus shouldn't be any problem. You need to keep any eye on their positioning with convocation though.
Which Gem should i prefer?

Lvl 21 %23 Carrion Golem (Normal Version)
or
Lvl 21 %20 Carrion Golem (Divergent)

If rest of Gear Matters my Profile is open!-)
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
"
LeandroHazard wrote:

or

Normal one. Quality adds damage, which is better than cooldown recovery rate.
"
LeandroHazard wrote:

or

Yeah, Divergent is actually a dps loss for ST.
It reduces the cooldown on Cascade and Leapslam which deal far less damage than their Combo attack.

Divergent is better for pure Carrion Golem builds because it helps them with their clearspeed. We don't run Carrion Golems for clear though, they're there for ST. The spectres handle the clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info