[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
Schnuedde wrote:
Hi Deadandlivin,

thank you for updating the POB, will definitely level with that.
Could you explain why Sidhebreath Paua Amulet should be so broken?
Yes, it sounds nice that we are converting 50% of physical damage already to cold and push this with Hatred, but the last line make me a bit nervous. Dealing no non-cold damage. Are we then not losing some DPS as 50% of our damage will not be converted and therefore lost?

You do lose some phys dmg, but the PoBs are scaling flat cold damage across the board. Sidhearths breth gives ~50 flat cold dmg to all minions that is not reduced by the dealing non-cold dmg mod. You can use it from level 1 which mean you're able to get ~50 flat cold dmg to all minions as soon as you start the league.

As a comparison, lvl 1 Added Cold dmg gives ~5 flat cold damage and is available at level 8. So you quickly see how powerful this Amulet is.

What you can do is open up the PoB and go through the different leveling setups in the acts. In each instance, unequip Sidhearths Breath.
You'll notice that the amulet more than doubles the dps in most cases.

As an example, the Act1 setup has 484 dps without it and 1244 dps with it equipped. The reason all minions are using Added Cold dmg support is because it's the only support gem that doesn't get hit by the 50% penalty.
Thank you! Crazy to see that we can push the damage so much with that amu.
Now we only have to hope that all of the uniques will be cheap to afford on day1.
"
Schnuedde wrote:
Thank you! Crazy to see that we can push the damage so much with that amu.
Now we only have to hope that all of the uniques will be cheap to afford on day1.

Shouldn't be more than 1 chaos for most of them :P

Cold minions aren't really a thing outside of my build, so not many who'll be running Sidhearths. And Bitterdream makes your skill a 9-link which cost a crapton of mana. Most leaguestarters can't sustain the manacost of a 9-link so they can't run Bitterdream. Fortunately for us, we're using minions so we don't care about mana cost.
Since Mages aren't meta anylonger, Alberons Warpath should also be extremely cheap. Grip of the Council follows the same logic as the amulet. Cold minions aren't a thing, so not many will be wanting it.

Maw of Mischief, Skin of the Lords/The Covenant will be very expensive this first week though. Will probably be running a Tabula or a random corrupted 6-link with some life for a couple of days.
Hi Dead,
Do you think this is a good league starter? The gear for the low budget seems like it will take a bit to get together. Until the AG can get set up the clear seems pretty bad? Also, how are you triggering the frostbite ring? I couldn't find a way that we could trigger it unless I'm missing something.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"

My humble suggestion is that we go with the absolution build up until maps or until we can afford at least 4 or 5 golems with consistent dps on them and then converting to complete golems. Even in a 4 link, absolution should help us get through campaign and white maps and make us able to farm some currency to build whatever golem build we are going towards.
This strat should be easier for the necromancers and since I will be going elementalist, I imagine it could be a bit hard for me.

Yeah, this is actually correct. Last league I leaguestarted with Absolution + Skellies + Zombies instead of SRS. Had totally forgotten about it.
I think that's probably the best way to league start. Mainly because it's much easier to maintain 3 Sentinels of Absolution than trying to keep SRS minions up. Absolutions also seem to do way more dmg so they're definitely the best way to league start.

Thought cause they had 50% dmg converted to lightning, they would be bad with Sidheraths Breah. But after testing them out in PoB they're just vastly superior. Thanks for the headsup, changed the leaguestarter from using SRS during the first acts to Absolution.

Not keeping the Absolutions after Act4 though. Even if their numbers are better than x2 Golems at that point, the QoL playstyle of Golems and other passive minions is just too good. If anything, I would maybe think about swapping the FAS spectres for Absolution minions. But then again, my Act4 setup already has ~75k dps which is ALOT for act4, it'll probably oneshot all campaign bosses anyway. The Added clearspeed from having GMP + Spell echoing Frost Auto Scouts will just feel better when cruising through the acts.

If your goal is to design a build during the campaign that ONYL utilizes one minion and disregards everything else though, Absolution is probably the best cause it has the best pure single target dps. But that's only in a vaccuum though. When we start to add groups of minions together, single target become less of an issue early on and it's more about efficiency and QoL. Absolution's biggest weakness is its abyssmal clearspeed.

I agree, I hate the clear speed on that skill, however, I liked the boss dps it could pull off in the early game. I will try to make a room for absolution in my gear until I pass through the difficult phases of the early game. Then I will stick to my pure phys carrions. I expect some increase in jewel prices but cold irons might not be that expensive to go with.

What are the 4 links of auto scouts? I might give them a try just to feel around them in early game clear.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
I don't know how you guys are feeling in League right now, but bro... it's a mass.

I was doing infinite Heist until that stage you can do no more. It was fine, but when I got maps, no rewards, no drops and even with more difficulty I wasn't getting rewarded for it.

Maybe I'll quite this legue and it's not because the build. I'll give some days for the next patchs to see if they'll fix some stuffs and we could find more fun on it.

About the build:
1 - Block is fine. I'm not dying easly.
2 - I'm felling a king of lacking of damage, but I guess its because low level gems.
4 - Zombies and gollens dying, especilly zombies.
5 - Impossible to buy Anima, I guess, after complete Atlas, I will do some white map (waterways) runs with mechanics like strongbox, essences and metamophs which doesnt scale maps to see some currences.

I know with more time and better gems I could get better, but with no fun on it I dont know if i'll be pacient enough.

Last edited by Yashal on Aug 22, 2022, 4:24:30 AM
"
Yashal wrote:
I don't know how you guys are feeling in League right now, but bro... it's a mass.

I was doing infinite Heist until that stage you can do no more. It was fine, but when I got maps, no rewards, no drops and even with more difficulty I wasn't getting rewarded for it.

Maybe I'll quite this legue and it's not because the build. I'll give some days for the next patchs to see if they'll fix some stuffs and we could find more fun on it.

About the build:
1 - Block is fine. I'm not dying easly.
2 - I'm felling a king of lacking of damage, but I guess its because low level gems.
4 - Zombies and gollens dying, especilly zombies.
5 - Impossible to buy Anima, I guess, after complete Atlas, I will do some white map (waterways) runs with mechanics like strongbox, essences and metamophs which doesnt scale maps to see some currences.

I know with more time and better gems I could get better, but with no fun on it I dont know if i'll be pacient enough.

League is a complete shitshow.
Just ragequit after getting oneshot to a T16 Essence an hour ago.
Gonna take a break from the game and give it a try again after they patch this unholy mess.

Biggest problem this league for me is that Map progression and sustain is as it always has been, but general currency and item progression has slowed down alot. I'm almost done with my Atlas but I've got no chaos or gear to my name.
Usually, at this point of the league when I've finished the entire Atlas I've farmed up about 10 ex worth of currency that I use to upgrade my character.

This league I've scrambled up about 100 chaos in ~150 maps now.
Most of my money has been used to buy alchs and vaal orbs cause I can't sustain them. I'm literally sitting with 7 unfinished Red maps that I can't run cause I don't have any Vaal Orbs left and no one on trade is answering.

So basically, I'm progressing the Atlas too fast to keep up with my gearing.
According to my ExilenceNext, I've been averaging 2.2 chaos profit per map I've done, excluding map drops. That's honestly, just sad.
I got a large batch of Chaos Recipe to be handed in but at this point I'm not really interested in playing Path of Exile. Items are so insanely expensive now that it's unplayable.

Unfortunately, GGG thought it was a good idea to nerf general loot drop from killing monsters by like 70%. But they kept the loot dropping from Heist chests, Tujen windows and endgame bosses. This has lead to an extremely unbalanced economy where Heisters, Expedition ppl, Bossers and Hideout warriors are insanely rich because they're making pre 3.19 currency rewards. This allows for the rich ppl who were leaguestarting with the "correct" league mechanics to dictate the price of all valuable items.
Meanwhile, ppl who want to progress their atlas and map in general are on lifesupport.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Aug 22, 2022, 10:59:56 AM
Sad to hear that you are not happy but I fully understand this. Drops are not really as good as last league and at the same time the essential items are crazy expensive... Primordial might is crazy...

Just checked your setup, is 2 bitterdream still better in maps than bitterdream and shoield (or even bitterdream and Clayshaper)? I think I would really miss the block chance for not having the shield and it can already roll minion mods.

And what Spectres you are currently using in that setup? I'm currently running SO as they are so nice for clear speed.
And one additional question. WOuld Clayshaper work for us and the additional attack physical damage will be converted to cold?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info