[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
CanadianAce wrote:
Hey Dead and team!

My first league with CG and I'm loving them. I went the physical route before I saw this being updated. I can piece together most of the unique to get the cold conversion running.

I'm curious if I can use either of these clusters until I can have them replaced and what pieces I can prioritize to make the switch.

I've already got a 4G triad and can start with a Skin asap.

https://pastebin.com/AudbwqW3

Hi! Glad you found your way here :)

Your cluster you use at the north part of the tree is in fact BiS.
Rotten claws makes it so it's placed between the 2 socket slots and we can ignore it. That cluster jewel allows you to only spend 5 skill points to get Vicious Bite and Renewal compared to mine which needs 7 points right now.

I suggest you keep running Phys until you get all important parts of the build before you make the switch. The other important item you want to go for is the helm holding your spectres and zombies. In the later game you want to go for a endgame minion helm but those cost +15 exalted orbs.

I suggest running a budget version like this first:
Spoiler

[/spolier]

I had a helm like the above one and cleared all content in the game with it.
Hi Dead,

glad to hear that you are doing well after your covid sickness...and that you are back! ;-)

Thanks for your updates to the AG and everything else. I will try to adapt ist step by step and also try to switch to Ashes of the stars and Hungry Loop.

Currently I'm pretty confident with dps in maps, but boss dps could be much better if I saw your video ;-) As I read, lowering boss resistances is the best way to increase dps, right? Are there other things that have a big impact?

I know, my current tree and gear aren't optimal, I'm working on that. I crafted the helmet and shield by myself (this were my first crafting-tries ever) and I try to get a +2/3 socket one asap. I will also change the gems to your suggested quality.

Another short question to "The Frontline". So do we use only the standard version of Molten Shell, because the effect of the gem is only then active or do you use Vaal Molten Shell also?

And also, is a +2 Wand always better then one more Golem?

There were a ton more quesions in my head the last days but they are gone now...I'm sure they will pop up again... ;-)
Hi, what would be the gem setup for the Hyrri's Watch & Phantasms option? And would that remove completely zombies from the build? I also suppose that this setup would bring a bit of clear but loose some single target?
"
Drathy wrote:
Hi Dead,

glad to hear that you are doing well after your covid sickness...and that you are back! ;-)

Thanks for your updates to the AG and everything else. I will try to adapt ist step by step and also try to switch to Ashes of the stars and Hungry Loop.

Currently I'm pretty confident with dps in maps, but boss dps could be much better if I saw your video ;-) As I read, lowering boss resistances is the best way to increase dps, right? Are there other things that have a big impact?

I know, my current tree and gear aren't optimal, I'm working on that. I crafted the helmet and shield by myself (this were my first crafting-tries ever) and I try to get a +2/3 socket one asap. I will also change the gems to your suggested quality.

Another short question to "The Frontline". So do we use only the standard version of Molten Shell, because the effect of the gem is only then active or do you use Vaal Molten Shell also?

And also, is a +2 Wand always better then one more Golem?

There were a ton more quesions in my head the last days but they are gone now...I'm sure they will pop up again... ;-)

Yeah, lowering resistances is one of the best way to scale our damage against bosses. It's very important. Other than that we scale our damage through classic modifiers like % increased minion damage, crit multi and minion levels et.c.

Yeah, when we run The Frontline we only use normal Molten Shell.
Playing with it requires a little bit of awareness when playing though.
When Molten Shell drops we're super squishy, atleast when we don't have other sources of defensive layers. That's why we stack duration as much as possible to get it Molten Shell up to 12 seconds.
During Molten Shell you will literally feel immortal.

Yeah, +2 wand with trigger and minion dmg et.c. will always outperform another Golem. A proper minion wand affects all our minions, not just Golems. Since we're running 4(5 with AG for clearspeed) minions for damage, the wand increases the damage of ALL of them. That's why it will grant waaaay more damage.
"
m3s5 wrote:
Hi, what would be the gem setup for the Hyrri's Watch & Phantasms option? And would that remove completely zombies from the build? I also suppose that this setup would bring a bit of clear but loose some single target?

I haven't tried Hyrris Watch yet this league, I'll be experimenting with it later on.

But the gem setup you want to run is:

Spectre - Phantasm - GMP - Faster Projectiles for Clearspeed

I'm assuming a ~15 ex minion helm here so I'll presume that it has 2 white and 2 blue sockets:

Spectre - Phantasm - Divergent Predator - Awakened Elemental Focus for single target

In my low budget PoB for 3.17 I was running Zombies in a Hungry loop for extra damage. But nowadays I think it's better to run the AG in a hungry loop instead, it's super strong.

That would mean no Zombies in the build. But I'm torn.. maybe it's better to run Zombies in Hungry Loop and drop Phantasms entirely and run 4-link Hyrri's watched in the helm. That way you can run Hyrri's Watch with Awk Fork and Awk Chain for insane clear speed.

I will have to do some testing to see what I think is best this league.

Is there any way to make the build a little more "tank" even if I do the rotation well I still die in certain situations, maybe it's because I'm not good yet, ¿maybe using Bone offering? Or is there another way, it would be quite a difference in terms of clear speed (I think).
"
carnielfz wrote:
Is there any way to make the build a little more "tank" even if I do the rotation well I still die in certain situations, maybe it's because I'm not good yet, ¿maybe using Bone offering? Or is there another way, it would be quite a difference in terms of clear speed (I think).

Your Basalt Flask taunts enemies around you on hit, which is really bad. Switch it to the Quartz one - it will be a gamechanger for the clearspeed. I'd also recommend you to change your Silver Flask to the Jade one. Ofc, if you use regular Haste - don't do it. Only Vaal version is needed. And I'd respec Retribution and take Constitution on the tree.
Last edited by Its_OP on Mar 13, 2022, 1:52:23 PM
What's the point of using Melee Splash in both dmg links even after the murder of Hydrosphere ? Doesn't it negate ton of solo-target damage ?
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Mar 13, 2022, 8:16:29 PM
"
Its_OP wrote:
What's the point of using Melee Splash in both dmg links even after the murder of Hydrosphere ? Doesn't it negate ton of solo-target damage ?

Better clearspeed. Damage is so high that it doesn't really matter since map bosses et.c. die in 1 second anyway. For tankier bosses like Auls in deep delves or The Feared invitations I swap to predator and Awakened Melee phys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info