SSF question

I already play solo and don't really trade with anyone. Is there any point/benefit/etc. to playing specifically SSF? Thanks!
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2021, 7:18:12 AM
Only if you like to brag about playing SSF. It just enforces the self imposed rules you're already playing by. But no harm to it either as you can migrate to the 'regular' counterpart easily. But you can't go back to SSF if you migrate.
If this is your first character/account, I would play in trade until you get a better feel for the game.

I personally like playing tradeless in trade, since you can always go buy that one thing your build really needs - which means you have more options for builds.

But I am also enjoying SSF - it's a completely different feel when you know you can't cheat even a little.

As a new player, you may find yourself stuck at different points. Like when you suddenly realize you just lost 30% resists after beating Kitava, and the easiest solution would be to go spend 1c on a good resist ring. Or you realize you really need to upgrade your weapon, or whatever.

At some point, with a bit more experience, you'll be much less likely to run into an "oops" situation in SSF.

If you aren't already using one, get a good item filter. That will help you either way.

Good luck
I had been playing SSF for more than one year since I joined, many years before SSF was introduced. I had learned almost everything during that period. Then I felt I was too limited in making builds so I started to trade..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 31, 2021, 5:16:02 PM
zero benefit if you're already essentially doing it.

SSF just makes it less of an honour system and implements the strict boundaries.
Yeah you're less tempted to say "just this one trade" I played SSF before SSF even existed but cheated from time to time getting frustrated and buying something. That dont happen when you're on lockdown. Can't happen.

Wait I just looked at your join date...yesterday. I would learn game first. You need to know a lot. like how to get one of the 855 uniques. Like how to craft. Like most efficient use of time to get into build you're after. Or you'll hate it.

You can't just randomly farm because even if you find a mirror (the most valueable currency in the Trade game) - it's worthless to you.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 1, 2021, 12:39:36 AM
"
GreyLensman wrote:

If you aren't already using one, get a good item filter. That will help you either way.

Good luck

I have played before, a few years ago, but don't remember much now (and happy to be surprised again).

I still haven't figured out the loot filter thing. I googled it and my impression is that I need some other app to create a loot filter? Or, I can download someone else's loot filter? But, if the latter, would that even work? What if their filter isn't configured to what I would filter?

In any event that's one of my next things to do. Can you recommend a good resource to break this down for me? Google and Youtube were not my friends on this one.
This is probably the most widely used filter:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208/page/1

The easiest place to download it (and edit the parameters when you want) is here:
https://www.filterblade.xyz/

And, yes, you do need to sign in with your PoE account credentials

It's incredibly customizable. You can do something basic like changing from a less strict to a more strict filter as you move from acts to mapping. Or you can completely customize a filter for a specific build you're doing, or a particular type of end-game farming.

But even if you just use something like the semi-strict default, which is a decent place to start, it will dramatically reduce the loot clutter on your screen and help you focus on things that might be useful.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 1, 2021, 7:21:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info