what are the most highly populated T16 maps in the game?

It seems that some maps have way more mobs than the others. Up to x2 if I had to guess. And I assume that runnng half-empty maps is waste of time and juice (unless you're doing Sirus or Maven's invitations).

Anyway, my question is what are the most highly populated T16 maps in the game?
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2021, 9:16:56 AM
Old menifesto say linear map have fewer pack
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Q: what are the most highly populated T16 maps in the game?
A: The ones with the worst layouts.

The old manifesto says the xp/h should be similar for all layouts, so the maps where you need to do a lot of backtracking to clear fully, have more mobs.
Cells or something lame like that you dont want to run.

GGG is clever - more wide open less density. But players get around that by juicing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 30, 2021, 4:23:36 PM
If you're trying to juice up a map to the max wouldn't you care more about population and less about layout?..
I mean 100% delirium won't be quick run anyway, so you could as well deal with backtracking and shit as long as you maximize the drop.
If you don't care about efficiency in exalts per hour then you can definitely do whatever feels good and forget about the numbers.
"
GreyLensman wrote:
If you don't care about efficiency in exalts per hour then you can definitely do whatever feels good and forget about the numbers.

I don't care about exalts per hour. But I do care about exalts per map/juice. So I can't play whatever feels good. Atoll feels good for example. It's safe and straighforward map, but it has seemingly the lowest amount of mobs, so it would be a waste of juice.
Last edited by Flying_Mage on Mar 31, 2021, 9:03:53 AM
Maximizing net income per hour invested will address your concern about efficient juicing.

If you only look at which maps have the highest net income, you will be running the highest net income maps, but your net income per hour will still probably be sub-optimal. There is a reason people don't just automatically run the densest maps.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 31, 2021, 12:44:50 PM
Actually linear map is very good for harvest farming or boss farming or quick progress for Elderslayer

The meta of mod density = currency is outdated
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
It seems that some maps have way more mobs than the others. Up to x2 if I had to guess. And I assume that runnng half-empty maps is waste of time and juice (unless you're doing Sirus or Maven's invitations).

Anyway, my question is what are the most highly populated T16 maps in the game?

The worst maps are the most highly populated.
They are also the worst maps to run because of the layouts.

If you're gonna juice your maps, with something like delirium beyond mods is what will net you more density. As long as you get 13-14 bars of loot it's okay.

For T16 I would just run Burial Chambers or Caldera I think.
T16 are not the best maps to run right now though. You should stick to running Canyon, Cemetery or Tower maps instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info