Fire Trap

Without quality negative resistances are equal for both curses, but flammability adds Chance to Ignite, therefore I would choose Flammability.

With quality I would use Elemental Weakness, because it adds more negative resistances, while Flammability adds Burn Duration, which is useless for Fire Trap (you don't support it with Chance to Ignite and Elemental Poliferation)

On the other hand, Flammability needs both str/int while Elemental Weakness needs int.
If you are Marauder and have problems with INT, I would use Flammability.
Analogically, if you are Witch and have problems with STR - use Elemental Weakness

On the third hand, as far as I know - in parties Elemental Weakness is prefered over Flammability.

Also Elemental Weakness is drop-only gem. Meaning you have to buy it.

~~nas
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Thanks. So I'll use elemental weakness to compliment fire trap.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Does Iron Will increase the damage of the burning ground effect of Fire Trap?
No. Iron Will grants (spell) Damage, whilst Burning Ground deals (fire) Damage over Time. Damage and Damage over Time are different things. :)
Okay, thank you for the clarification.
Could anyone help me figure out what 4 or 5 link would be best with a fire trap that relies on crit chance and crit multi?
I'm thinking of 4l = fire trap, fire pen, multiple traps, power charge on crit(this one is a must, because of power charges)
for 5Link either increased burning damage or conc effect or even maybe chance to ignite ?

Any comment would be appreciated! :)
You cannot spam fire trap, therefore power charge on crit won't work here. Use sideskill.

You want to focus on direct explosion damage or poliferated burning one?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
Can't you spam it with the multiple trap support gem??? Or by linking 2 fire traps in the same 5 link(with 3 supports for dmg) ?

edit - I could also stack the charges with my main attack, so I can entirely remove power charge on crit support.
In the case that I have around 40+% chance to crit with fire trap and some decent crit multiplier, would fire pen, increased burning damage and conc. effect yield the most out of my volley of fire traps? Or multiple traps instead of conc effect?

I can get a searing touch and possibly even the 70% increased burning damage nodes in the templar part of the tree.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Oct 8, 2013, 6:21:06 AM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Can't you spam it with the multiple trap support gem??? Or by linking 2 fire traps in the same 5 link(with 3 supports for dmg) ?

This has been changed. All fire traps share cooldown now.

If you want to focus on detonation, why increased burning? If you want to concentrate on burning damage, why no chance to ignite nor elemental poliferation?

I still don't get what you need
"

I still don't get what you need

I am currently running this build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwR-BLMFWwW1DPIOSBGWFE0V8BmFGjgabBrbHwIj9iQ8JKomlSepKU8tHzB8Mok2PTbFNuk6WDwFPV8-z0yzUDBQQlFHUlNVS1fiWkhabWNDbRlte3BScNV35X11fyt_xoM4hX2HGYhri4yMNo19jb-QVZeVnaOdrp_fogCiLqKjpcunCKc0p1ynhKp_qri0-bVIvebAUcHz037UI9aK2CTjauOE5CLsOO4O73rvfO_w8B_xdvlj_Kv-ug==
I have problems handling Reflect aura packs, so I thought of using fire trap to deal with the nasty, nasty that is this situation. I currently have an empty 4 link on my boots or I could keep a searing touch in my off-set in order to get a 5linked (or just a 4linked, but with searing touch bonus) trap.
So, from then on I need to figure out the best 4link (or at max 5link) fire trap that might work with my build (the task at hand is to get rid of the white/blue mobs around the reflect rare or maybe even kill the rare from a distance and then switch to my regular AoE).
My build has a decent amount of crit and crit multi, so I thought I might be able to make this thing work with only the 4link and a reliance on those random crits.

I am a newbie with the Fire trap gem, so I was going by these assumtions:
I thought that increased burning damage support will increase the damage of the detonate crit AND the damage of the regular fire trap dot, making the biggest impact overall on the spell. (am I wrong with this assumption?)

I also thought that Fire Pen would be mandatory, because of resist on mobs.
I thought that I might not need chance to ignite, because I have 534% increased crit chance. That takes me up to 31% with fire trap and translates into 31% chance to ignite. Would I still get a decent benefit from Chance to ignite support gem?

I don't actually know how Chance to ignite links to fire trap. Does it give you a chance to ignite on the detonation or on the 1st tick of the dot or on ALL ticks of the dot?

And how would elemental prolif benefit fire trap? And would it benefit fire trap more than the MORE damage that conc effect gives?

Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Oct 8, 2013, 3:24:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info