Bear Trap

Skill does too much dmg when paired with other melee supports
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
h3rp3s wrote:
Skill does too much dmg when paired with other melee supports

There never ever is a thing like "to much damage" in PoE. :D Just give us average non pro gamers some little OP skills to have fun in PoE, it's hard enough.
Bear Traps can kill maybe one normal Monster in merciless instant but magic monsters already need more than one Trap so it's not OP. For Bosses, you need tons of traps to kill them and you only can lay 3 at once (4 with passive afaik). That plus cooldown eliminates the huge dmg basicly. Never forget, Bear trap only harms one Monster and has no AoE.
Could GGG fix the display bug regarding all traps ?
We all know spell critical strike chance has no impact on critical strike chance of trap but it's still showing on the gem in the character window.
The simplest fix would be to remove the "SPELL" description for all traps
"
Melpheos wrote:
Could GGG fix the display bug regarding all traps?

(emphasis mine)
Bear Trap's the only bugged one. The Support relies on the linked skill and works correctly, and Fire Trap is actually Spell Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Melpheos wrote:
Could GGG fix the display bug regarding all traps?

(emphasis mine)
Bear Trap's the only bugged one. The Support relies on the linked skill and works correctly, and Fire Trap is actually Spell Damage.

Wait a second, you are telling me that passive spell critical strike chance and multiplier do actualy work on fire trap ???

My reading of all other post seemed to imply that spell passive (besides fire damage) was not working on any traps.

Only bear trap is not impacted by spell critical strike chance (but actualy shows as it it's impacted) ?

I'm confused now

...Yeah. That's what I said.
Fire Trap deals Spell Damage, it benefits from Spell modifiers.
Bear Trap does not deal Spell Damage, and does not benefit from Spell modifiers.

I don't know what you've been reading about Fire Trap not being Spell Damage, but it was incorrect.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes. Bear trap is not dealing spell damage, and is not affected by increases to such.

shouldnt the tooltip be changed so that people dont spec wrong for their trap builds?
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
Last edited by Quak3 on Sep 30, 2013, 12:55:17 PM
Hi ! I have bad anglish soty.I have question.Bear trap have chance crit or not and bear trap it not spell yes?Nodes increased critical chance multypiler and spell crit dont work with bear trap?Thank you!
"
tetabrave wrote:
Hi ! I have bad anglish soty.I have question.Bear trap have chance crit or not and bear trap it not spell yes?Nodes increased critical chance multypiler and spell crit dont work with bear trap?Thank you!

you are correct regarding spell damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30766/filter-account-type/staff/page/2#p837320

Bear trap does not deal spell damage. it is not affected by spell-specific damage increases, nor by spell-specific crit increases

however global crit increases should work i think.

I have a few questions about what works with Bear Trap.

If I was to use the Avatar of Fire passive with Bear Trap would it then be affected by points into increased elemental/fire damage?

Does the 18% physical damage from helping oak stack with bear trap?

Do increased AoE passives work with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info