Bear Trap

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:48:38 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:49:02 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
At first I thought the immobilize wasn't working but I see like most status ailments the duration is proportional to the damage dealt as a percentage of target's life.

I also notice the trap cooldown / count resets to 0 when zoning. The recharge is long enough that this prevents you from relying on traps when you first enter an area. I'd recommend restoring the full complement of traps when zoning rather than clearing them, or retaining the cooldown/count from the previous area.

I'm really enjoying the trap and totem mechanics so far. Keep up the great work on this awesome game!
I am a level 10 ranger now and I love this skill. The trap mechanic itself is interesting and adds a completely new tactical element to the play. I use the bear trap together with the fire trap constantly. The bear trap to put one enemy in place so he takes continuous fire damage from the fire trap. This is a real alternative for melee characters to target archers or casters while still engaging in melee.

It will be interesting to see how well this trap scales damage wise at higher levels.
Cool skills, though I think bear trap should have a seperate root duration built into it instead of doing it based on a % of the targets health damaged by the trap. Something like 1.2s would be about right.

Fire trap is very cool, the animation is excellent and I think with a few fire dmg passives and increased aoe it'll be fairly useful.

One problem though: I think they're both bugged.

After I picked up blood magic on my ranger (around 19) with bear at 5 and fire at 6 they no longer 'worked'. I could cast them, they'd be down on the ground, but the enemies that walked over them didn't trigger them anymore.

At first I thought it was the skill levels, but I tried a rank 1 bear and it didn't work either, I think there is a conflict with blood magic that prevents the trap from triggering.

Cool stuff though, looking forward to more traps in the future, and the support gem! Man that is gonna be a cool thing to slap ice nova on.
You should also post that in the bug report forum xenogfan43 :)
RIP Bolto
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
After I picked up blood magic on my ranger (around 19) with bear at 5 and fire at 6 they no longer 'worked'. I could cast them, they'd be down on the ground, but the enemies that walked over them didn't trigger them anymore.
Traps have only one life, so couldn't afford to pay the life for the spell. This is now fixed (traps/mines don't have to pay any cost for skills)
I have to be honest this skill truley does suck. I originally picked it up thinking it would come in really handy in keeping tough mobs pinned down however I was shocked to notice that it barely holds anything in place more than a second at most.

I've kept the gem equipped just to see if it gets better and at level 8 its still fails to hold anything in place for more than a second at best. It might be that I only tend to use it on yellow mobs and bosses(the only things that really get close to me) but I assumed that was the point of this gem, to give you breathing space.
Should do puncture too. Right now its pretty useless on bosses.
Hold duration is too short. Trap ironically is totally useless on bears.

Right now I can't see myself ever using this skill. It has to hold a bossmob in place for at least a couple seconds to be worth a gemslot.
Insight on how this holds enemies is necessary for people to gauge the usefulness of the trap.

if it works like stun and the other effects and is proportional to damage it becomes very useless late game.

if it has a static time it should be displayed on the skill.
-Meteoric Destiny!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info