Bear Trap

I like this skill, I find the stun it does very useful, helps against minibosses with speed auras to give me just a little more time to get arrows in when kiting.

(I'm playing an about lvl 26 Ranger, been using this skill since, well, early. At first just as a filler since I wanted to use more than one skill, but it turned out to actually be useful in time)
Would like to have a bit more time on this trap. It seems to disapear too quickly.
there is a support skill gem ,which increase duratation of the skill or skills.
Last edited by Bulkathos on May 23, 2012, 2:59:11 PM
So is this considered a stun effect? In that case does increased stun duration/reduced threshold make it more effective?

If not, then does the increased skill duration support or passive increase the hold time?
"
Zarondd wrote:
So is this considered a stun effect? In that case does increased stun duration/reduced threshold make it more effective?

If not, then does the increased skill duration support or passive increase the hold time?

I belive ,yes!
"
Zarondd wrote:
No

"
Zarondd wrote:
Yes

I would agree that this skills tends to falls into a secondary skills (as a support).
It would only be useful as a delay skill. (Eg. killing Brutus with it is a breeze).

Unless this skill is intended as it is, i dont see it as a primary killing skill. But it is a fun skill.

Question for Mark-

1. Is the opponent able to see the trap laid on the ground?

2. If no, pls increase the trap visiblility for the caster.

3. Pls include an icon to identify the number of traps that have been laid. Its very confusing when they are stack. And its very wasteful to cast additional trap(s) when not needed to (especailly when the traps are on re-charge).

Ideas:-
1. Traps have two method, hidden or bait. I would suggest a "Bait" support gem for traps only.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
starsg wrote:
1. Is the opponent able to see the trap laid on the ground?
Opponents can see traps as they are thrown, and while they are (the short animation they play when they land). While they're arming, the traps can be destroyed by area of effect damage skills.
Once the trap is armed, it's invisible to opponents.
When the trap is triggered, it becomes visible (and destroyable) during the trigger animation, however it triggers quickly enough that someone would need really, really good reactions and cast/attack speed to kill a trap between it triggering and getting the skill off. Or maybe just luck.
"
starsg wrote:
Traps have two method, hidden or bait. I would suggest a "Bait" support gem for traps only.
This sounds interesting - please elaborate on what you mean?
I assume he means he wants it to be visible and aggro mobs.
The skill would be much more useful for crowd control if there was a delay before a trapped enemy could trigger another trap. If you're trying to get two enemies into traps, one enemy will trigger both. A delay of about three seconds would do the trick.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info