Ethereal Knives

i am trying to make a iir/iiq build, if you could only run faster pro or added fire which would you choose for a totem build?

thanks.
I have more specific questions for the crit thingy with EK.

Sooo, the crit chance is rolled per cast, which is theoretically sweet. But... it may have its downsides...

So, if I cast EK, hit 5 mobs, crit all of them, AND I have a flask that recovers 3 charges per crit, how many charges does the flask recovers? 3 or 15?
What about the power charge on crit support. If I hit those 5 monsters, how is the power charge chance calculated? Per monster hit, or per cast as well (here, I have a stroooong suspicion that per cast as well, but I need a confirmation).
And how about the Critical Weakness curse? Say I cast it on 3 out of 5 mobs, then I cast EK and hit all of the mobs(5)? Does the +x% chance of crit still applies? How about +x% crit multiplier?

Oh, on the side note, it kinda wierd that it seems that with EK you can only hit 1 monster with 1 projectile. I never really played ranged before, but it seems like if you throw a LMP fireball at close range at a mob he can get all 3 fireballs to the face. Its not like that with EK (or Im seriously trippin)
"
Avenroth wrote:
So, if I cast EK, hit 5 mobs, crit all of them, AND I have a flask that recovers 3 charges per crit, how many charges does the flask recovers? 3 or 15?
What about the power charge on crit support. If I hit those 5 monsters, how is the power charge chance calculated? Per monster hit, or per cast as well (here, I have a stroooong suspicion that per cast as well, but I need a confirmation).
And how about the Critical Weakness curse? Say I cast it on 3 out of 5 mobs, then I cast EK and hit all of the mobs(5)? Does the +x% chance of crit still applies? How about +x% crit multiplier?

1. I believe it's one Charge, but someone else will have to verify that (the one that recovers 3 Charges is when you take a Crit :) ).

2. Power Charge on Crit is a boolean check; either a Cast grants you a Power Charge, or it doesn't.

3. How Crit Weakness works. The Crit Mult only applies to the Cursed monsters, naturally.

"
Avenroth wrote:
Oh, on the side note, it kinda wierd that it seems that with EK you can only hit 1 monster with 1 projectile. I never really played ranged before, but it seems like if you throw a LMP fireball at close range at a mob he can get all 3 fireballs to the face. Its not like that with EK (or Im seriously trippin)

EK used to have a line in its description stating it cannot shotgun. It is the only Spell to do this; ranged Attacks can never shotgun.
I see, thank you. Well, in that case having power charge on crit on ek is a bad idea. Better put it on high crit forking sparks to get shocks and charges, and then decimate with ek.

"
Avenroth wrote:
I see, thank you. Well, in that case having power charge on crit on ek is a bad idea. Better put it on high crit forking sparks to get shocks and charges, and then decimate with ek.

I was getting only one charge with Chain. I don't know if only one charge is granted per attack (provided the attack crits and it passes the check). Same with LMP. I don't know if Forks can get you more charges per attack.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Pierce, Fork and Chain all work the same. It's still the same attack, so the same limitations count. Power Charge on Crit is a boolean check: either you get a Charge, or you do not. As such, you cannot get two Power Charges from the Support with one skill activation.

:)
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Is it just me or is EK not used much anymore? In pubs I rarely see an eker. Personally I love it and use it on my main toon.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
Necrogue wrote:
Is it just me or is EK not used much anymore? In pubs I rarely see an eker. Personally I love it and use it on my main toon.

EK synergizes well with life based characters because of strengths bonus to spell damage and base life. More and more people are playing Energy Shield based characters these days so perhaps that explains some of it.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Sep 8, 2013, 11:54:32 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
kadrek91 wrote:
Does iron grip affect EK projectiles(since LS is affected)?
No. Iron grip specifically states it applies to attacks. Ethereal Knives is a spell, not an attack.

It needs to apply to spells as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info