Ethereal Knives

"
erenhardt wrote:
Could you show me what was wrong in that spoiler?
I think it's all OK.
If you're going for crit you'd probably be better off with critical weakness than vulnerability though.

I'm curious which supports would work best for this skill. Critical multiplier and critical chance could work if it's a critical build, but otherwise pierce and added lightning/chaos/cold damage may work well — very likely better than added fire damage, because added fire damage is just a percentage of the blade damage which is probably less than just flat-out added elemental/chaos damage. If all 3 elemental damage supports were used, it'd probably be better to use elemental weakness than vulnerability too, since it increases damage by much more, and also you'd probably be doing more elemental than physical by the time with all 3 elemental supports (depending on scaling)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Unavailable

40% added fire dmg = 58,4 - 87,2

So it is better than cold/lighting

And it works nice with vulnerability if they catch on fire.
Sadly I kill too fast to notice dots.

Linking crit supports is tricky. First I need to have reliable crit chance. Otherwise additional crit dmg is almost useless.
Currently I dont have all supports linked bcouse I had mana problems. 100 mana per cast with 1,8 cast per second.

With best support gems I have 1,9k dps but I dont have enough mana.

curses have:
29% more physical dmg
27% more projectile dmg

27% from 1,9k = 0,5k roughly
and around 0,35k from vulnerability
Total dps= 2,75k dps

Bonuses from curses multiply damage taken by monster. That means that additional dmg from curse is not reduced by resists/armor

Im currently lvl 48
Last edited by erenhardt on Jul 4, 2012, 5:03:09 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This skill has a bug.
I often find myself stuck when using this skill. Same thing like getting stuned while lvl-uping coused.
I cant do anything but open TP. Sometimes casting other spells will unstuck.
Maybe it has something to do with mana leech? If monster drops my mana below mana required to cast during casting the spell.
Last edited by erenhardt on Jul 4, 2012, 8:02:16 PM
"
erenhardt wrote:
This skill has a bug.
I often find myself stuck when using this skill. Same thing like getting stuned while lvl-uping coused.
Maybe it has something to do with mana leech? If monster drops my mana below mana required to cast during casting the spell.

Come to think of it, I had this happen on my EK character about half a dozen times as well. I thought it was the return of one of the old bugs that caused perpetual stun, but I haven't noticed it on other characters recently.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
erenhardt wrote:
This skill has a bug.

Come to think of it, I had this happen on my EK character about half a dozen times as well. I thought it was the return of one of the old bugs that caused perpetual stun, but I haven't noticed it on other characters recently.

This happens on my caster shadow too, who mainly uses freezing pulse (and doesnt have ethereal knives).

The lockup always occurs when getting attacked by monsters, though so far i havent been able to tell if its due to taking damage or blocking as it happens pretty rarely.

Getting struck or blocking again ends the lockup. If theres nothing left to attack my character once locked, the effect becomes permanent and im forced to save and exit.
IGN: KoTao
Messing around with a low health build with Redbeak at the moment. Great fun at the moment.
Last edited by Brussel_Sprout on Jul 9, 2012, 10:04:15 AM
I'm curious as to whether physical damage done by spells is being mitigated by armor.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
I'm curious as to whether physical damage done by spells is being mitigated by armor.
It is. Armour mitigates physical damage, it doesn't care (or even know) where that damage came from.
"
Messing around with a low health build with Redbeak at the moment. Great fun at the moment.

I plan to do it better - Dual redbeak.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Targuil wrote:
"

I plan to do it better - Dual redbeak.

haha, this is exactly what im doing, hows it going btw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info