Ethereal Knives

Ah, I see. glad we've gotten to the bottom of this one.

Yes, that mod on redbeak is local. Straight "% Increased Physical Damage" on weapons is always local - if one were not it would be tagged as global.

The same is true of crit chance/multiplier, attack speed, and added damage on weapons, and of evasion/armour/ES mods on armour.

The clearest example of this is that increased critical strike chance mods on weapons are lcoal, but the implicit property of daggers isn't - and because it's on a wepon where such mods are local by default, it explicitly says "global".
You can also identify local mods as such because you'll see the item's relevant properties are blue, indicating they're increased by the mods on that item.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 10, 2012, 11:11:54 PM
"
Phang wrote:
Don't know if this is a bug or what but Lesser Multiple Projectiles don't seem to work with this either.
It seems to work for me, what aspect of it isn't working for you?
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 22, 2012, 5:39:07 AM
"
kadrek91 wrote:
Does iron grip affect EK projectiles(since LS is affected)?
No. Iron grip specifically states it applies to attacks. Ethereal Knives is a spell, not an attack.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Making MP, and in the future chain and fork, probably pretty worthless.
For the record, feedback from people who used it on alpha is that EK + fork is quite powerful.
This is so bizarre because I'm running almost the same build as you are. That is also the build I was visualizing when I created the Cloak/keystone. I think the only difference is that I run Hatred myself.

I feel like I can agree with your first point but the second, not so much. So far I've not had much trouble with reflect, no matter how high I've tried to scale my damage up. Perhaps when my EK hits level 20 I might face a problem, but it's at level 19 currently and I don't see reflect as a problem at all. I do have fairly high armour and my mana pool certainly helps with the reflect. I guess this ties into your third point too.

Cast speed is horrible, however. Many times I've been locked into an animation before I got a lot more cast speed and it's been incredibly dangerous. Once you scale your cast speed up by a lot it ceases to be a problem of course, but early on I can definitely see this.

That being said, the main problem I've had with using my cloak is no-regen maps. I'm not able to run Arctic Armour on such maps, and my mana pool is useless as a buffer. Perhaps if I can 6L my cloak I could run mana leech and give it a try.
Last edited by Hrishi on Nov 18, 2013, 12:47:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info