Shockwave Totem

I have a question about Shockwave totem:

Does increased AoE Radius (both support and skill tree passives) increase the AoE of the totem? I was confused because I'm not quite sure what boosts this totem, as this totem doesn't inherit your spell damage boosts.

I was thinking about trying to use it with SW Totem - Added Fire - Faster Casting - Increased AoE Radius - Concentrated Effect. Leaving the 6th slot incase I don't really get a 6L, I think some good options would be Fire Pen, Chance to ignite, etc?
It doesn't inherit Spell Damage because it doesn't deal Spell Damage :P
Summoning the Totem is a Spell, but the skill the Totem uses is not.

Works as any other totem does, so it benefits from AoE passives. The Support would work whicheverway because it's directly applied to the Totem.
although its AoE sie gets a bit dampened by its targeting/sight range. with a fair amount of AoE, it can hit further than it can see.
I am building around this totem atm, i like it, but i am a little puzzled as to how to make it work good atm. And after reading all the posts here, i think iv gotten a little clearer on how to continue with it.

When i feel i got something working, ill showcase it :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
Im a bit confused here too.

If you equiq a rustic sash the dmg increases

and if you equip and wand with only spelldmg the dmg increases too.

if you equip both the dmg does add up.

shouldnt shockwave only scale with physical dmg?
They called him "Hillock".
He was born huge: so large that he nearly split his mother in two.
Growing up, he was kept from other children, for worries that
his freakish size would lead to injury whenever play turned rough.
"
Cerebres wrote:
Im a bit confused here too.

If you equiq a rustic sash the dmg increases

and if you equip and wand with only spelldmg the dmg increases too.

if you equip both the dmg does add up.

shouldnt shockwave only scale with physical dmg?
on-going minor bug of shockwave and bear trap giving a listed boost by spell damage when spell damage doesn't actually apply.
Probably this has been answered before, but then I just couldn't find it.

do the following support gems affect shockwave totem:

increased area of effect (gem and passives)

concentrated effect

faster attack or faster casting (I know that faster casting allows me to place the totem faster, but can I encrease the attack speed of the totem?)

blind

culling strike

Hope someone can help me out here.
All work, but the wave is a spell, you need Fast Cast, not Fast Attacks.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Jun 15, 2013, 5:29:44 AM
Anyone tried the "15% increased totem range" node near the center of the tree? I am going by there along with a lot of +AOE so I would like it if this solve the problem that the totem won't attack ranged stuff in range of attacking it...

What about the 18% phys damage bandit reward? I have a nice +life/ES rustic and am EB and this would about double the +phys damage I can give my totem (running with hatred).

Can this crit when Critical Weakness is on monsters? I assume this is what Mark meant by that it can't crit under normal circumstances.
1. That Passive will help, yes. Totem Range refers to the Totem's "sight" radius, so it will sooner spot monsters and start pumping Shockwaves.

2. Works fine, and is very worthwhile.

3. Yep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info