eLLD Ruleset v1.1.2 (expect an update in the next patch)

I have played with these rules. If melee is worthless without hollow palm or other attribute stacking then what's the point anyway? Is defaulting to off screen spam the only thing to do? Do we need a melee only, caster/ranged only, and mixed format?

Also "a bit more" damage with hollow palm? Easily reaching 300 dex gives 510 flat physical damage. How is that a bit more? I know most skills are lost but throwing in the 60% attack speed will scale any skill it uses even higher.

Attribute stacking is nearly the same as hidden potential. It's just stacking flat damage vs % damage It is too convenient in this format. Can't put a res on my gear? Well let's double dip and throw a stat on there.
Last edited by theworldisnotratedeforevery1 on Apr 12, 2021, 1:09:32 PM
"
I have played with these rules. If melee is worthless without hollow palm or other attribute stacking then what's the point anyway? Is defaulting to off screen spam the only thing to do? Do we need a melee only, caster/ranged only, and mixed format?

Also "a bit more" damage with hollow palm? Easily reaching 300 dex gives 510 flat physical damage. How is that a bit more? I know most skills are lost but throwing in the 60% attack speed will scale any skill it uses even higher.

Attribute stacking is nearly the same as hidden potential. It's just stacking flat damage vs % damage It is too convenient in this format. Can't put a res on my gear? Well let's double dip and throw a stat on there.

Try beating one of the "top builds" with hollow palm now. Then try beating them with something like lightning strike combined with tribal fury or just plain old lacerate. I'm pretty sure you will have more success with the latter option because you can actually hit people with those skills. Also most importantly being able to abuse t-value usually means a shitload of damage. Hollow palm simply can't do any of that so all the juicy pure damage is a bit wasted in a sense.

Although game play of pvp is very simple it is a bit more than just in game tooltip numbers. Having 50% more pve damage often isnt very decisive when comparing skills because pvp dmg formula halves the actual difference and because mechanics often matter more than the damage.
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 12, 2021, 2:11:23 PM
Smite has range and even with it's t-value it can still do a ton of damage. The same with consecrated path even though they are super nerfed for pvp.

I'm not saying that Hollow Palm can beat the "top builds" but can any non attribute stacking melee build beat a Hollow Palm build (especially now that general's cry is out)
Last edited by theworldisnotratedeforevery1 on Apr 12, 2021, 2:27:58 PM
If Hollow Palm by your admission is not good against top builds, why are you confused that it is allowed?

Sure there is discussion on what can be done about melee, but for the time being the easiest option is giving them overpowered uniques to get them more enticing.
Last edited by ProjectPT on Apr 13, 2021, 1:05:41 AM
"
Sure there is discussion on what can be done about melee, but for the time being the easiest option is giving them overpowered uniques to get them more enticing.

Sounds good

Is your current recommendation not to waste any time applying build theory to any non attribute stacking melee build?

Do you still think that this effort can avoid devolving into off screen spam and one shots?

I don't even think hollow palm, brutus lead sprinkler, or hand of thought and motion are even the best choices for melee. I've been having the hardest time with a melee build that uses no attribute stacking.

The only thing I have reservations about which pertains to offscreening is Rain of Arrows, but further discussion can be had about that skill. The only other offscreeners demonstrated within the last showcase was spark and split arrow, which are heavily countered by frost wall cascade, especially in a team environment where absolute fortresses can be coordinated between teammates.

The drive for build creation have slowed down a little due to the start of the new league, but when things die down the e-lld meta can be furthered to discover where the one shots actually lie. So far, I need further convincing that we're swamped with one-shots.

To clear the misconception, I believe smite is capable of t-value breaking with tribal fury/ancestral call where you hit with both your aoe and the ancestral call melee hit at the same time.
TY for post Coal. I'm glad that you have hope that we won't be swamped with one shots and off screening. I just needed a little before I dedicate additional time and currency.

Is anyone planning on linking viable builds? Usually I can come up with something but I still feel like I'm floundering.

Last edited by theworldisnotratedeforevery1 on Apr 21, 2021, 8:32:28 PM
"
Is anyone planning on linking viable builds? Usually I can come up with something but I still feel like I'm floundering.

Most of the discussion happens on the Discord. I would join if you want to discuss builds and stuff. The link is in the original post near the top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info