[3.17] The Frozen Garden - Elementalist Permafreeze Arc Mines (3.17 partial, recommend self cast)

What's the alternative to Tremor Rod? Im thinking of starting this build as my second character but tremor rod is bugged atm from what i've seen and heard on streams and reddit.
"
What's the alternative to Tremor Rod? Im thinking of starting this build as my second character but tremor rod is bugged atm from what i've seen and heard on streams and reddit.

Even with that bug, it's still basically BiS. You'd need some seriously op weapons to beat it, and I do mean like 10+ ex per slot items.

The way I was playing it, with Detonate Mines on the left click, you don't get large chains anyhow.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 21, 2021, 9:57:36 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"

Even with that bug, it's still basically BiS. You'd need some seriously op weapons to beat it, and I do mean like 10+ ex per slot items.

The way I was playing it, with Detonate Mines on the left click, you don't get large chains anyhow.

Hey if you aren't letting your chains get large then what's the point of Tremor Rod? For the reason of the bug, I switched over to some couple ex wands. I know Tremor Rod is still better for setting up on boss phasing (when I had 17 mines laid, I would be left with 10, so only 7 of them were being detonated twice). But my priority is surviving ultimanum where we don't have a luxury to drop 17.
Last edited by Kiyoshi_Ito on Apr 21, 2021, 12:26:16 PM
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"

Hey if you aren't letting your chains get large then what's the point of Tremor Rod? For the reason of the bug, I switched over to some couple ex wands. I know Tremor Rod is still better for setting up on boss phasing (when I had 17 mines laid, I would be left with 10, so only 7 of them were being detonated twice). But my priority is surviving ultimanum where we don't have a luxury to drop 17.

Because it still gives you x2 as many mines? Unless you have ridiculous throw speed, and that's not likely. You'll see that even if you throw and detonate non-stop, you won't pass your cap.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 21, 2021, 12:48:34 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
nikpoe wrote:
Hi guys

First off - thanks for the build, I like the idea.

Second - my pastebin - https://pastebin.com/gCwMqftZ or take a look at profile, should be open. Maybe I got some big mistakes to point out in the build? And quite don't understand how much of this shock % I need and why I don't have it 60% and 0% chill chance. I have 3 overshocks via clusters, plus anoint with Static Boost, if I could decrease quantity of this shocks for another passives/constitution_anoint I will be glad.

Third - sometimes on rituals it's very hectic, I started to do wrong moves to what click leftmouse(detonate) or right click(place mine), and it is sometimes like stun my char on one place, when I should move because of things on the floor. How do you play usually on rituals? What tactics, I'm not sure should I always try to stay still to more stack mines to 13+ quantity?

I don't know if you are actually talking about rituals or ultimatums, but rituals should be easy enough to just stand still and throw mines/detonate. Ultimatums is another beast entirely and you need to move around in circles while throwing and detonating mines, shouldn't be much issue though.

Also, you have flat lightning damage on your ring, which also is given to your flame golem, which makes it so that your flame golem will give mobs it hits +50 lightning res. Everything else looks good to me.

I'm usually looking at your char when trying to improve my gear, question is, why you aren't picking up Corrupted Soul?
I don't see how any amount of non-lightning dmg can cause 60% shock on A9 Sirus. I'm guessing that even though the lightning dmg can't shock itself, the dmg itself is used to calculate the shock amount? Ie. 5 dmg of fire deals shock, but 300k lightning dmg is still used in the effectiveness of the shock? I didn't think it could work like that if that is what is happening.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
I don't see how any amount of non-lightning dmg can cause 60% shock on A9 Sirus. I'm guessing that even though the lightning dmg can't shock itself, the dmg itself is used to calculate the shock amount? Ie. 5 dmg of fire deals shock, but 300k lightning dmg is still used in the effectiveness of the shock? I didn't think it could work like that if that is what is happening.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3071009/page/13#p24025559

Basically, your damage doesn't matter at all. Just Effect of Shock/Non-Damaging Ailments.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 21, 2021, 11:07:08 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:

Also, you have flat lightning damage on your ring, which also is given to your flame golem, which makes it so that your flame golem will give mobs it hits +50 lightning res. Everything else looks good to me.

Will the golem actually inherit the added damage? Even the pob for the build is using an abyss jewel with added lightning damage. I don't know much about minions but I was under the impression that added damage didn't apply to them. Which is why they have their own abyss jewel that adds minion damage.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

Will the golem actually inherit the added damage? Even the pob for the build is using an abyss jewel with added lightning damage. I don't know much about minions but I was under the impression that added damage didn't apply to them. Which is why they have their own abyss jewel that adds minion damage.

I'm actually not 100% on that. But the in-game tooltip on the flame golem gets the damage so I have avoided getting added lightning damage. Who knows what's what in this game some times. Some people say one thing, other people say different things, game says something completely different. I assume it's correct that it doesn't matter, cause the flame golem gets the damage, but its only to his attacks, and he only uses spells?

"
nikpoe wrote:

I'm usually looking at your char when trying to improve my gear, question is, why you aren't picking up Corrupted Soul?

I just don't see how it's worth it for me atm. I tried testing it in PoB and the amount of ES I gain is not worth it. I don't have the craft for my chest yet, I might look at it again when/if I get that.

Edit: I decided to look into getting corrupted soul once again and I've decided it's certainly worth it. Lose a little life, a little chaos res, but I think it's fine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Apr 22, 2021, 2:51:35 AM
First of all, very cool idea and a nice guide. Thank you!
I will try this out, since my current sabo is not 100% to my liking.

I have a question though. I don't understand why the guide suggests this:

"
CantripN wrote:

Stats you need to prioritize on gear:
Abyssal Jewel:
Any flat cold/fire/phys to spells so you can Shock/Chill! (otherwise you don't Shock/Chill at all due to Three Dragons)
Flat Lightning Damage to Spells

flat cold/fire/phys to spells, I get. But wouldn't flat lightning mess up the Elemental Equilibrium? Or do these not count for the flame golem, despite him being a spell and using spells?

Also why would phys to spells allow me to shock or chill?
Last edited by Silenc42 on Apr 22, 2021, 4:46:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info