New Microtransactions: Stygian Consecrated Path, Stygian Fist of War, Valkyrie Smite, Demonic Lightning Warp, Exalted Holy Relic Effects and Twilight Microtransactions Sale

VoxSophiae wrote:

I think these changes are a big step in exactly the wrong direction. Deterministic crafting is good for the game, both because it makes a wider variety of builds viable, and because it increases the speed at which people can, to their relative level of satisfaction, "complete" a build. This, in turn, increases the number of character archetypes that a player gets to play. The fear that players will run out of things to do is unfounded because leagues are only a few months long, there would always be another build to try out, not to mention challenges and the endless grind for currency for yet better gear.

If I were the designer of a game and I had designed a mechanic that was as engaging to the player base as this re-introduction of Harvest, I would call that a win and double down on it by expanding it. My suggestions:

1. Make crafts itemized so as to protect players from getting scammed out of their items. This would also make the purchase of these crafts available to users of the trade site, instead of forcing players to go through TFT to buy and sell crafts.

2. Make the powerful crafts much, much less rare so as to make them available whatsoever to a larger percentage of the player base. Here I could say a lot about the way GGG's mentality seems very focused on catering to themselves and a particular subset of the highest echelon of players, with little regard for people with families, jobs, or other responsibilities, but let it suffice to say that driving down the price of powerful crafts will improve the quality of life of many, MANY more players than it would hurt.

3. Expand the number of tags that crafts can target, so as to enable a yet wider range of viable builds. (Mana, Gem, Elemental etc.) Truly, the more the better here, especially if the fear is that players will run out of things to do, because widening the range of viable builds gives players more opportunities to set goals for themselves, and set out to achieve them through playing the game. More characters also probably means more MTX as players will want different themes for different characters.

I think the fundamental issue with the design team is the fear that players will run out of things to do, when in fact the game has much more of an issue with the things players want to do being unattainable. I personally have as much free time as I choose to allot myself, and I'm about to give up on this game because the things I want to do in the game feel as though they are being rendered, by design, unattainable. If I ever got to complete a build I would step into MTX territory for that character, if I knew I'd be able to do that repeatedly I'd step into supporter territory. If I can't, I'll find another game.

As for the issue that Harvest renders other mechanics obsolete, the solution is to empower those mechanics and make them more engaging, ideally up to the point where they are as engaging as the current high-water mark. On this front GGG actually deserves some kudos for the introduction of atlas passives, which is a great step toward empowering otherwise relatively unrewarding mechanics. I think further steps in this direction would be to the good.

A lot of people have been threatening to withdraw financial support from the game or quit entirely if these changes aren't reversed, if they haven’t done so already. Let me offer the proverbial carrot: GGG, if you reverse course on this and adopt a design philosophy that is more broadly permissive of deterministic crafting so as to respect the time of more of your player base, I and I'm sure many others will spend a lot more money on this game and POE2.

I’m simply not going to go all-in on a game that doesn’t respect my time.

took this explanation from another player.

i personally only have 2 hours tops each day.. that is if any free time at al!

GGG, you're making the biggest mistake ever if you go through with these nerfs instead of implementing the above!

i started playing again about 2-3 weeks ago because i saw how much options harvest gave me in POE and finally had clear and manageable, achievable goals, FOR STANDARD!

i bought the breach core supporter pack because i saw how great POE has become!

i was thinking about upgrading and buying the new xbox, new cables, new modem and everything of hardware that would give me a smoother playing experience (performance wise)
and thus keep supporting your game, buying more supporter packs!

instead, because of your horrible manifesto, i'm now thinking about selling all my current gaming hardware and never go back to gaming because streamers have ruined the games i played 1 too many times now..

anyone who thinks this is whining... having a opinion on a product you bought is not whining! it's called feedback!

Path of Matth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA&t=1149s
Asmodeus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKB-oXrzUOU

^ very respectable streamers that don't ruin the game by overusing the word 'overpowered'.

implement this manifesto = no more money for you!

don't implement this manifesto = i'll upgrade from breach core to atlas core pack + both supporter packs!

that's 370euros from just 1 individual, for making the RIGHT decision!
370euros is easily a month worth of food for anyone! think about that!
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 12:50:00 AM
I personally wanted to get a couple of the Twilight MTX, however I can not in good conscious do that with the Harvest nerfs stated in the manifesto yesterday. No support from me until you reverse the stated nerfs.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
dont nerf harvest and i will buy all of them for sure
"
Lixy wrote:
I tried to buy the Stygian Fist of War, but when I shut my eyes and clicked I accidentally closed the tab instead.

haha bravo.
"
You have balls to sell that "exalted" mtx after the horror from yesterday...

they know what sells and not :D and its not even april yet

edit:
i watched recently funny stupid videos on cretain sites with hope to get good laughs. but then i started to read this thread comments. fakin hell :D thanks guys i really needed it. not about harvest. just own problems. made my day.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on Mar 13, 2021, 12:33:46 AM
Tried to hit BUY with my eyes closed, ended up closing the tab, exciting!
"
SuperDrop wrote:
"
TheFapi wrote:
hahaha all the cry babies in chat cryng over harvest git gud newbs xD

Last Visited: Feb 21, 2021

this just shows how bad of a troll he actually is..

and let's face it, trolls never have anything good to say to begin with and most of the time are just offensive to everyone else to get ppl triggerd!
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 13, 2021, 1:01:18 AM
"
Sarciss wrote:
"
BkBlindside wrote:
"
aech wrote:
Do what you always do ggg. Dont listen to reddit.

There's always gonna be more sheep than lions sadly so when you find yourself in the majority school of thought it's easy to tell which one you are.

If you make your world this easy its also pretty easy to tell which one you are huh

Yep. It requires a substantial proportion of intellect to simplify such a complicated arena with many variables into something so easily digested and interpreted :) For this very reason the smartest people are portrayed as seeing everything as it's origin. “We are all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles. We don't live...but our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves"

Lions don't care about harvest nerfs because the kings of the jungle don't need special treatment from any source of the land to remain on top.
Can you please reduce Hand of war gem level to 1 or 8 ? it no reason not to do so we can enjoy the MTX at a low level
"
taggedjc wrote:
So, Stygian Consecrated Path ignites enemies with a stygian burning effect, but Stygian Fireball doesn't?

Feels like a kick in the teeth.

meybe im blind but ignite at 0:13 part of the vid is still basic red. The blue effect seems to be while they in the area of cons.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info