GGG is Hiring for Six Roles

"
DarkKaine wrote:
"This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand or Australia and are either a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or Australian Citizen. Our country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

To apply for this role, please email your resume, some C++ code samples and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com."

You are really limiting your options right here. Not being able to work online during a pandemic is bad. Find more talent abroad if you have to.

Its NZ law to focus the search in NZ.
Hire professionals specialized in some area with experience is too deterministic. How about to include some RNG, wouldn't be that fun?
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
I have really good gear, can i get job now?
I bet i could beat you in PVP guys, that should mean that i'm the rightful owner of the studio.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Dammit! Awesome tech job opens and it's during Covid. The Canadian is sad. :p

"
Trebien75 wrote:
Hire professionals specialized in some area with experience is too deterministic. How about to include some RNG, wouldn't be that fun?

"... and all applicants will be required to sign this injury disclamer and run the labrynth in our Aukland data center. Winning candidates will move on to in-person interviews. Don't ascent too quickly. "
Last edited by Nymall on Mar 13, 2021, 12:39:54 AM
"
"
DarkKaine wrote:
"This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand or Australia and are either a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or Australian Citizen. Our country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

To apply for this role, please email your resume, some C++ code samples and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com."

You are really limiting your options right here. Not being able to work online during a pandemic is bad. Find more talent abroad if you have to.

Its NZ law to focus the search in NZ.

I have a strong feeling that these NZ laws are holding the company back. I imagine that the C++ market in NZ is rather small (especially if we talk about experienced game engine devs), and they would've had better luck looking for devs in the EU. Right now, to get in, you have to give up your entire life in order to join the company, not to mention complicated immigration laws.
Last edited by silverthorne on Mar 13, 2021, 7:51:22 AM
"
Trebien75 wrote:

This good sir (or madam) made my day :D
"
we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

As I said in the previous, now DELETED post:

You should reconsider what kind of PR you announcements send to the public. As the statement I quoted basically sends the message that you company doesn't give a damn about helping you applicants with anything.

(Yes, I know you are currently being restricted by NZ laws, but it could have been written in 100 better ways than this)

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by JC_GGG on Mar 13, 2021, 8:34:38 AM
"
Overmind29 wrote:
"
we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

As I said in the previous, now DELETED post:

You should reconsider what kind of PR you announcements send to the public. As the statement I quoted basically sends the message that you company doesn't give a damn about helping you applicants with anything.

(Yes, I know you are currently being restricted by NZ laws, but it could have been written in 100 better ways than this)

[Removed by Support]

Ouch, I did not even notice that passage about visas.
What's the point of posting this announcement then. I guess GGG has already met most of the capable people there :) Is it really like C++ devs (with visa or citizenship) will magically appear on the continent? Especially experienced ones. Does NZ have many more acknowledged game studios? I mean, so much controversy.

Modern-day IT works just in a little bit different way.
"
Overmind29 wrote:
"
Trebien75 wrote:

This good sir (or madam) made my day :D

Sir, thank you :)
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
This world have been nerfed by increased Covid attack and Quarantine over time multiplier mods, so there is a small drop rate for these kind of empoyees. But anyway good luck!!!
Last edited by PhantomDogg on Mar 13, 2021, 3:29:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info