[3.13] Multipurpose Attribute-Stacking Aurabot // 19 Auras, 3 Vaal Auras, Aspect of Spider & Smite

Hellooo Exiles!
I wanted to write this guide for few reasons.
First of all there aren't many updated support-only guides out there; second, few Aurabots use the Mask of the Tribunal helmet, which allows for an interesting attribute-stacking build path.
As always, english is not my native language, so I already apologise for possible errors and/or unclarity.

This is intended to be a high-budget build (150/200+ exalts).
This is intended for general supporting stuff, not hyper-specific roles (like deep delve-only supports), you can offer massive defensive and offensive bonuses to any build and any damage type (including dots and pure-phus builds).

Updates

- March, 10 2021: Guide posted

Main Support Features

Auras:

- Level 29 auras: Wrath (you can decide whether you prefer Wrath or Hatred to be lvl 29)
- Level 28 auras: Anger, Malevolence, Hatred, Zealotry
- Level 24 auras: Discipline, Purity of Ice, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning
- Level 23 auras: Vitality (Divergent), Dread Banner, Pride
- Level 22 auras: Clarity, Purity of Elements, Haste, Grace, Determination (Divergent)
- Level 21 auraa: Flesh & Stone (Anomalous), Precision (Divergente)
- Vaal Auras: Vaal Haste (lvl.22), Vaal Grace (lvl.22), Vaal Discipline (lvl.24)

The main setup (level 28-29 auras) are also supported by lvl.30 Generosity.

We reach 250+ Aura Effect (which means x3.5 the effect of all auras) and 300+ Aura Effect (x4 the effect) on the main setup of offensive auras.

Pride/Anger are totally interchangable gems, you can decide (depending on your party) whether you prefer lvl.28 Anger and lvl.23 Pride, or lvl.29 Pride and lvl. 22 Anger.

Other buffs:

- Aspect of the Spider
- 2% increased Attack & Cast speed per aura to allies, which is also scaled by aura effectivness (but rounded down per aura); with my precise setup, this translates to 136% Increased Attack/Cast Speed to allies
- 1% Phisycal Damage Reduction per aura to allies, which is also scaled by aura effectivness (but rounded down per aura); with my precise setup, this translates to 56% Phisycal damage Reduction to allies (and 36% for myself)
- All allies share Charges
- 2% increased Damage per aura to allies (from the sceptre), which is also scaled by aura effectivness (but rounded down per aura); with my precise setup, this translates to 136% increased Damage to allies
- 40% increased Cast Speed to allies (from INT-Stacking with Mask of the Tribunal)
- 48% increased Critical Strike Multiplier to allies (from DEX-Stacking with Mask of the Tribunal)
- 30% increased Defences to allies (from STR-Stacking with Mask of the Tribunal)
- Lvl.20 Phantasmal Smite Added Lightning Damage buff and 17% increased Attack/Cast Speed to allies
- Onslaught to all allies
- 8% Life/Sec Regen to all allies
- Blind Aura

Animate Guardian & Spectres buffs:

- Fortify to nearby allies (the application range is quite small, only useful while standing still)
- Culling Strike to nearby allies (the application range is quite small, only useful while standing still)
- 50% Critical Strike Multiplier to nearby allies (the application range is quite small, only useful while standing still)
- Frenzy & Power Charge generation (Host & Carnage Chieftain Spectres)
- Situational 20% increased Attack/Cast/Movement Speed (Arena Master Spectre)
- 20% chance for minions to taunt on hit (10% less Damage to other allies)

Table of Contents:

- Why would you play this build?
- Pros & Cons
- Bandits
- Ascendency & Pantheon
- Levelling, Passive tree progression & PoB
- Gear
- Gems & Links
- Animate Guardian & Spectres
- How to self-craft the gear
- FAQs

Why would you play this build?

As I was already anticipating, this is a full support build; you are not going to deal any damage by yorself, but you can tank most things without dying (like standing afk in simulacrum or 5-way battles).
Your role is to buff other allies with auras and generic buffs (both offensive and defensive ones).
This is one of the most well rounded aurabot builds out there, but it is also one of the most expensive (techically you can invest dozens of mirrors into this kind of build, but that's a bit overkill and unnecessary).
The main idea of the build is to create a pure aurabot, having all possible auras (I'm missing Envy, but that's rarely useful) to handle any possible party composition and necessities.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
- Strong support
- Offensive and defensive buffs
- Smooth and fast gameplay
- Versatile and useful in any party and any instance
- Spellcaster allies will love you
- 7k+ ES
- 1.5k+ ES/sec regen
- 90% Max elemental resistances and Chaos immune
- 90% Phys mitigation
- 95% Chance to evade

Cons:
- Expensive and specific items (for best results)
- High level character needed to reach the highest potential (build is "complete" at lvl. 99)
- No permanent stun/freeze immunity (not a real problem though)

Pro or Con:
- Full Support playstyle, you are only going to play in parties

Bandits

Kill all, we want those 2 passive points.

Ascendency

Ascendency:
Ascendant is by far the strongest option, you inherit the main benefits of the Guardian and the Necromancer ascendecies.
If you follow the Necromancer/Guardian route you offer most of the buffs offered by the pure Ascendency classes; you grant 2% Attack/Cast speed for each aura (which is the only reason Necromancer is/was actually used as a support class), 1% physical damage mitigation for each aura (awesome defensive options inherited from the Guardian), all allies share charges with each other and Onslaught.
Playing as an Ascendant offers also 5 extra passive skill points, some much needed attributes and a good starting point.

It doesn't really matter in which order you take the Ascendency passive points, but you need the Guardian sub-class, the Necromancer sub-class and either the Path of the Templar or the Path of the With as the last two points (it doesn't matter which one you take, we just want the extra passive skill points).

Pantheon:
As major God I strongly suggest Soul of Brine King and the addional buffs are also very good and worth unlocking, preventing us from gettin stun/freeze locked in very rare and tough instances.
As minor God I strongly suggest Soul of Gruthkul, Soul of Tukohama or Soul of Garukhan, with their respective unlockable additional buffs; choose the one you prefer, they are not game-changing at all.

Levelling, Passive tree progression & PoB

First of all I want to make clear that if you want to invest into the support playstyle from the get-go you need to level with a party, 'cause you won't be able to do anything by yourself.
The option I prefer is to level as a Hollow Palm character using Smite as the main skill, or as a Spellslinger character with Flamewall+Kinetic Blast, this way you can farm your way up by yourself.
I'm not going into the details of the levelling process, yor goal is to reach at least lvl 70-75 and then transition into a first iteration of the Aurabot.

Early transition tree (about level 72):
Your goal is to have all the ascendency points, 2 Voices unique jewels (with 5 or less passive points), 5 medium aura cluster jewels with Replenishing Presence and First Among Equals (5 or less passives points), 1 medium aura cluster jewel with Pure Guile and Pure Might (5 or less passive points), 6 rare jewels and all the unique jewels with 1% reduced mana reservation corruption.
All the rare jewels must have as much attributes as possible (cluster jewels can have some attributes too).
If you reach the previous points and hit at least 1750 total attributes, you can use pretty much the final gear, you just have to drop Purity of Elements, Pride and Dread Banner.

PoB Link (lvl 72 character - 100 points): https://pastebin.com/Wd3mp04k

End-game tree (level 99):
Point after point you start adding your third Voices setup, with medium aura cluster jewels and rare jewels; you also fill in the attributes you need along the way. This time the goal is to reach at least 2000 total attributes, this way the Mask of the Tribunal will give you at least 8% reduced mana reservation.

PoB link (lvl 99 character - 127 points): https://pastebin.com/FKScDZpG

Gear

There's not really much choice as far as gear pieces go; you need some specific unique items to make the build work and then you can fill with rare items the rest of the setup, but prioritising attributes.
The cool thing is that you can self-craft (and harvest craft) the majority of the rare items you need with a reasonable investment.

After this section you'll also find the "How to self-craft the gear" chapter, where I give you some tips on how to craft the rare items you need.

Piece by Piece description

Weapon

Your end-game goal is a sceptre with the 2% increased damage mod (Redeemer influence) and +1 to level of spell skill gems.
You can then easily force with harvest crafts the +1 level of physical spell skill gems (if you are incredibily lucky you can try to hit +1 cold/light spell skill gems instead).
Having an open suffix is very important to add the attributes you need.

A cheap and effective option when starting out on a budget is Ephemeral Edge.

Shield

Here you are forced into a Redeemer+Shaper or Redeemer+Hunter influenced rare titanium spirit shield (for maximum ES pool); you need the 10% aura effect mod (Redeemer) and the 15% mana reservation mod (either Shaper or Hunter).
You can then force with harvest craft the +1 level of lightning/cold skill gems (which translates into having a higher level Wrath or Hatred).
Try to hit as much ES as possible and you are done.

Body Armour

Another must-have item, which is also pretty cheap if you just look for a 6-link option. Victario's Influence is made for Aurabots, keep in mind that you want to place here the gems that helps your allies the most, those auras are not going to affect you though.
The more expensive option, which I suggest to invest into, is the + level of gems corruption (one of the following mods, they are identycal: +1 level of gems, +2 level of AOE gems, +2 level of Aura gems). The most expensive option is the one with at least two of the previous corruptions (we are talking about 100+ ex body armours).

Helmet

Another forced option here, Mask of the Tribunal is the build-defining item.
You want one with a mana reservation enchantment and with the synthesis implicit that grants aura effect (up to 15%).

Gloves

This is not a forced choice, but they are almost impossible to beat. Shaper's Touch gloves are just too good, they give you a massive amount of ES, they are cheap and easy to corrupt for the mandatory +2 AOE gems, +2 Aura gems and/or +1 gems.

Boots

Booth are an interesting slot. You have two main choices, either ES-based Doryani's Delusion or Sin Trek.
Doryani's are good since they free you up a gem socket (you get one free purity aura), Sin Trek give you extra dex/int which is really nice.
In both cases you should try to find a pair with a good corruption (+2 Aura gems, +2 AOE gems, +1 gems).
If your jewels are good enough and you can cap your attributes goal without Sin Trek, I would suggest going for Doryani's, since the build is already pretty socket starved.

Another option I do not suggest (they are ok when you first start on a budget) is Skyforth; those boots are awsome, but they remove your regen, which is a massive downside in my opinion.

Amulet

Once again you have a forced option; you need a Shaper or Shaper/Redeemer influenced Simplex Amulet with % attributes (Shaper) and reduced mana reserved (Shaper or Redeemer). Both mods are suffixes, so you can just focus on the prefixes then, trying to hit some nice ES mods or movement speed.
Apply Fertile Catalysts to improve the RMR mod.
Annoint Champion of the Cause.

Rings

Forced options again, you need rare Unset rings with as many attributes as you can get. As prefexis you can focus on good ES mods.
Apply Intrinsic Catalysts to improve the attribute mods.

Belt

This is similar to the gloves, it's not a forced option but it's just so good and cheap it's not really worth to use something else.
Cyclopean Coil with 18% increased attributes is awesome (it's the max roll 15% with Intrinsic Catalysts) and you can get really nice corruptions, like extra effect for the auras you prefer and/or more increased attributes (increased DEX/INT, INT/STR or STR/DEX).

Cluster Jewels

You need 3 Voices unique jewels (with 5 or less useless points).
Other than these, you need 9 Medium Cluster jewels with Aura effect (with 4-5 passive points); 8 of those should have First Among Equals + Replenishing Presence, while the last one should have Pure Guile + Pure Might.
Try to get as many attributes as possible on these jewels.

Unique Jewels

This build need 5 very specific unique jewels (other than the already mentioned Voices cluster jewels), each of these should be corrupted with 1% reduced mana reservation.
You'll need a Pure Talent, a Might of the Meek (socketed in the scion starting area), Intruitive Leap (socketed near Charisma), Conqueror's Efficiency and a Watcher's Eye with some nice mods.
For the Watcher's Eye the most interesting mod is mana as extra ES, but there are a bunch of other cool ones (phasing with haste, movement speed with grace, cd recovery for movement skills with haste, armour with determination, block/spell block with determination/discipline, reduced damage from crits with determination, etc.).

Normal Jewels

Like unique jewels, all the rare jewels must have the 1% RMR corruption.
Other then that, each jewel should have as many attributes as possibile.

Down below there's the gear I'm currently using in Ritual league, to give you a good reference.

Gear:

Jewels:

Flasks:

There are no mandatory flasks, just go for generic good utility options; it's important to have an anti-Curse flask (mostly Temporal Chains) and anti-freeze/chill.

Gems & Links

You can already see the gems I'm using in the Gear section, anyway here's a list of what you should look for. Generally speaking, try to have all gems and, most importantly, all auras 21/20 (or at least 20/20 for the alternate quality ones). Empower should always be lvl 4.

In the following setup I considered using Doryani's Delusion with Purity of Lightning, therefore it's not listed below.

- Body armour (6 links): Wrath, Zealotry, Malevolence, Hatred, Anger, Empower
- 4 sockets (with +2 AOE/Aura gems): Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Vaal Discipline, Vitality (Divergent)
- 4 sockets (with +1 gems): Raise Spectre, Meat Shield, Empower, Animate Guardian (Divergent)
- 4 sockets: Dread Banner, Pride, Purity of Elements, Precision (Divergent)
- Weapon (3 sockets): Smite (Phantasmal), Phase Run, Dash
- Shield (3 sockets): Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Determination(Divergent)
- Ring (1 socket):Flesh and Stone(Anomalous)
- Ring (1 socket):Clarity

As you can see, we are a bit socket starved.
The gems in the weapon, in the rings and the 4-socket setup (Pride, Precision, etc.) are totally interchangable; place them wherever you like.

Note: If you are playing with a carry that deals pure-phys damage (something like impale cyclone, bleed build, etc.) you can socket Pride in the 6-link setup in place of Anger, to boost their damage by a lot.

Animate Guardian & Spectres

This setup makes use of an Animated Guardian and up to 3 Spectres, to enchance even further the damage and utility provided by the build.

Animate Guardian

There are many options for the gear pieces you wanna equip on your guardian, I'll link you to this Reddit post which collects many interesting ideas.
Down below my favourite setup, which is a bit expensive but makes your guardian almost immortal.

Body Armour: rare Warlord's influenced body armour with "(12–15)% increased Life Recovery rate" or "Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently", chaos resistance and then you can bench-craft: multimod + life as extra ES + item drop when guardian dies (only the body armour will drop)

Weapon: Kingmaker is probably your best choice, incredibily strong when standing still and in a small place (against bosses or in rituals)

Helmet: Mask of the Stitched Demon provides a crazy amount of life regen to you guardian

Gloves: Southbound with 16% increased max life and potentially a good corruption are your best choice

Boots: rare boots with 30+ movement speed, chaos resistance (between this and the body armour you should cap it), 35+ Fire and Lightning resistance

With this setup the guardian will have about 40k life, will regen about 10k hp/sec and will be all res capped even if not affected by your auras.

Spectres

With a level 21 gems with empower lvl 4 (and the +1 level of spell skill gems of the sceptre) you'll have a lvl 25+ gem, which allows you to summon up to 3 spectres.
I suggest you to use a combination of the following monsters:

- Carnage Chieftain for frenzy charge generation
- Host Chieftain for power charge generation
- Arena Master from situational speed buff
- They of Tul for situational defensive buffs (while standing in their vortex)

I personally find They of Tul a bit unreliable for most contents, but it's really nice against bosses and in rituals.

How to self-craft the gear

In this chapter I'll focus on some useful tips to self-craft the rare pieces of gear you'll need for the build; this should save you some money while also providing an interesting experience if you are not used to it.

I suggest you to always use sites like poedb and craftofexile, or similar ones, to check all the possible mods, tiers and so on.

Shield

The goal is to have a Titanium Spirit Shield (minimum ilvl 80, better is 86+) with the two mandatory mods:
- Socketed Gems have 15% reduced Mana Reservation (either the Shaper's or the Hunter's mod)
- (8–10)% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills (Redeemer's mods)

Redeemer influence is mandatory, the choice between Shaper and Hunter is dictated by the following factors:
- Shaper's bases are usually a bit more expensive than Hunter's ones
- Shaper's influence allows you to also craft "recover ES on block" (almost guaranteed with harvest)
- Hunter's influence allows you to also craft "no extra bleed damage while moving" (almost guaranteed with harvest)

The easiest way to craft such an item is using Awakener's Orb and combining two shields, one with Redeemer influence and the aura mod, the other with Shaper/Hunter influence and the reservation mod; one will be the "receiving" shield and the other will be "sacrficed".
It's mandatory that both shields have one and only one influence mod (the above mentioned aura and reservation mods), with other normal affixes.
You'll have a "receiving" shield which will obtain the influence and the mod from the "sacrificed" one, while keeping its own influence and influence mod. Therefore only the "receiving" shield has to be a Titanium base with high ilvl, the "sacrificed" one can be any shield.

Once you used the the Awakener's Orb, you'll have the Titanium shield with both the mods (both suffixes) and other random mods.
Now the process depends a lot on what other mods you hit, thse are the ideal steps:

1- Have all suffixes occupied (two are the influenced mods, the third suffix being removable with a harvest targeted remove, like a resistance), if you only have 2 suffixes you can easily harvest-augment a crit mod, guaranteeing spell crit chance (which can be removed later)
2- Clean all prefixes, this can be achieved by bench-crafting "Sufixes cannot be changed" and then scouring the item (or removing them one by one with targeted remove)
3- Decide whether you want +1 to cold or light spell skill gems (for improving either Hatred or Wrath)
4- Bench-craft the "Gain X% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage"
5- Harvest-augment fire, this is almost guaranteed to hit % increased fire damage (if you hit +1 to fire spell gems you have to remove the bench-craft, target remove the +1 fire, bench-craft again and then augment fire again)
6- Bench-craft either "Gain X% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" or "Gain X% of Lightning Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" (the same damage type as the +1 gems you are looking for)
7- Harvest-augment cold/light, this is guaranteed to hit the +1 gems you are looking for
8- Remove the bench-crafted mod and then target remove fire with harvest (removing the % increased fire damage)
9- Harvest-augment defence, looking for a good ES mod (either high flat ES or high % increased ES), remove/add defence until you find a roll you are confortable with
10- Harvest-remove the extra suffix you had, e.g. remove crit (be careful if the extra suffix was a resistance of the same element of the +1 gems, you have to harvest-convert it into another element before removing it)
11- Bech-craft the remaining prefix you need (either flat ES or % increased ES, depending on what you augmented before)
12A- If you went for Hunter influence: Harvest-augment either physical (guaranteed) or augment attack (very likely) to hit the "no-extra damage while bleeding" mod
12B- If you went for Shaper influence: Harvest-augment defence (very likely) to hit the "recover ES on block" mod
13- Use divines or harvest-rerolls (not reforge!) to hit good rolls

Amulet

The process here is very similar to the shield's one, but much simpler.
The goal is to have a Simplex Amulet (minimum ilvl 75, better is 80+) with the two mandatory mods:
- (4–5)% reduced Mana Reserved (Redeemer's mod)
- (6–9)% increased Attributes (Shaper's mod)

The easiest way to craft such an item is using Awakener's Orb and combining two amulets, one with Redeemer influence and the reservation mod (you can self craft this easily with Lucent Fossils), the other with Shaper influence and the attributes mod; one will be the "receiving" amulet and the other will be "sacrficed".
It's mandatory that both amulets have one and only one influence mod (the above mentioned attributes and reservation mods), with other normal affixes.
You'll have a "receiving" amulet which will obtain the influence and the mod from the "sacrificed" one, while keeping its own influence and influence mod. Therefore only the "receiving" amulet has to be a Simplex base with high ilvl, the "sacrificed" one can be any amulet.

Once you used the the Awakener's Orb, you'll have the Simplex Amulet with both the mods (both suffixes) and other random prefixes.
The easiest and cheapest way to proceed is to just spam harvest crafts "reforge, keep suffixes", until you hit a good combination of prefixes (like % increased ES).
If you have an open prefix (or you target-remove with harvest a prefix) you can guarantee the movement speed prefix with a harvest-augment speed craft (very expensive).
Use divines to hit good rolls, apply Fertile Catalists (if you haven't already) and annoint Champion of the Cause.

Rings

The process to craft rings is really easy, it just requires some time and currency/luck.
The goal is to have two unset rings with T1 of STR, DEX and INT and other good prefixes.

The easiest process is the following:
1- Buy unset rings with a fractured INT mod (high roll, you cannot modify it, as close to 55 as possible).
2- Apply Intrinsic Catalysts to reach 20% quality
3- Spam either "Deafening Essence of Sorrow" or "Deafening Essence of Rage", go for the cheaest option (this will guarantee T1 DEX or STR)
4- Stop only when you also hit a T1 roll of the remaining attribute
5- Use the harvest craft "reforge, keep suffixes" until you also hit good prefixes (like a high tier of flat ES)
6- Apply the bench-craft you prefer (faster start of ES recharge, -mana cost of skill, etc.)

FAQs

Q: Which are the attribute thresholds I should try to reach?
A: For the end-game setup you need at least 2k total attributes. I think the best and easiest to reach compromise is STR=500+, DEX=600+ and INT=900+, this should be your goal. With good items and higher levels you can try to push even higher numbers.

I hope you may give a chance to this build, trying it out yourself and enjoy it as much as I did.
I will try to answer any question, so feel free to ask and make objections.
I also wanna thanks all the players that will give their feedback and answers to this thread, helping myself and others to enjoy this build.
If you wanna check the character it's called SupportNaeH.

Have a nice day and stay safe, Exiles.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Mar 31, 2021, 3:45:54 PM
Last bumped on May 18, 2021, 10:53:25 AM
Reserved.
I,m interested in playing an aurabot but im wondering if youre missing the RMR implicit on a few jewels how many auras would you lose, and if it would still be viable to run without some rmr jewel implicits?
"
Bottboy316 wrote:
I,m interested in playing an aurabot but im wondering if youre missing the RMR implicit on a few jewels how many auras would you lose, and if it would still be viable to run without some rmr jewel implicits?

U can use 19 aurs even if u haven't RMR implict on a few jewels
Always liked the idea of an aurabot.
Really love how detailed in explanation this build is.

This will probably be my project for next league. Just have to wait how much the harvest (and other) changes will affect this build.
Last edited by _Shini_Gami_ on Mar 27, 2021, 10:26:54 AM
"
We haven't discussed jewels yet, the first 4 are pretty much mandatory (two Energy from Within, The Vigil and Conqueror's Efficiency).
The two Energy from Within should be placed: the first one between Shadow and Witch (hybrid life/ES wheel) and the second one near the Templar's endurance/power charge (three life nodes with aura effectivness).

This is at the end of the gear section but none are tagged. Is this a typo?
"
iisanoob wrote:
"
We haven't discussed jewels yet, the first 4 are pretty much mandatory (two Energy from Within, The Vigil and Conqueror's Efficiency).
The two Energy from Within should be placed: the first one between Shadow and Witch (hybrid life/ES wheel) and the second one near the Templar's endurance/power charge (three life nodes with aura effectivness).

This is at the end of the gear section but none are tagged. Is this a typo?

Yup it was a mistake, thanks for noticing it.
Are you able to do this with only Pure Guile and Pure Might? Why don't you need Pure Aptitude for Purity of Lightning reduction?
"
iisanoob wrote:
Are you able to do this with only Pure Guile and Pure Might? Why don't you need Pure Aptitude for Purity of Lightning reduction?

You can use Pure Aptitude too, I just value more the +dex/+str that the other 2 options give you, you already get a tons of int in other ways.
Thoughts on changes in 3.14?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info